IGNORED

Everton V Middleborough

Hmmm....superstition's a terrible thing but...

Boro last year lost in the sixth round to Cardiff. Beaten in the final.

06/07 lost to ManU in the sixth round. Beaten in the final.

05/06 lost to West Ham in the semi. Beaten in the final.

04/05 lost to ManU in the fourth round. Beaten in the final.

So, do we want to play Boro and risk the fickle finger of fate tripping us at the last hurdle?

Or do we want to play West Ham who (according to karma) would then be destined to be losing finalists themselves?

Or is it a load of bollocks?

It's bollocks Mike and even if we did lose in the final it would be good to say we go there. It would be an awesome feeling to be stood in Wembley cheering on the team. We can beat both teams too so it shoulden't matter who we get. Southgate seems to have lost the plot so it woulden't take much trouble putting him out of the cup. They're not a force this season at all. Should beat them.

And c1982, they do take place at Wembley. Last year they did so I can't see it being any differant. If we just do what is expected of us. We have beaten teams far better than Boro/Ham so we should have no regrets afterwards, lets get them beat and head to Wembley.

:)

Currently we are on great form so no matter Hammer or Boro we shall crush them easily. I'd like to have Arsenal in the Semi as they looked rather sluggish yesterday with Sunderland just wish they'd have mroe injuries by them. Final I'd pick Chelsea though the two teams are physically matched we are far more creative than they are.

Edited by Orient Toffee

Is it still Ayresome Park. ???

But Goodison Park would'nt be full to the rafters either, after a run like that. :)

The Riverside Bill.

And we may not sell out but I can't see us getting only 15,000 whatever form we've been in, think you'd need to go back to the dark days of '83/'84 to see us getting that few.

Their record is worse than i thought 1 goal in the last nine matches :o so i'm not surprised the ground is half empty, especialy when the supporters have been handed a letter asking them to be Quiet at the games. :o:o:lol:

Quote:

Football fans are furious after their club told them to keep quiet during matches.

Middlesbrough supporters were told they could cheer when their team scored - but must keep the noise down at all other times.

With Middlesbrough struggling against relegation - and just one goal scored in the last nine games - the club's edict could make for a very quiet stadium.

Fans in one corner of the club's stadium were asked to stop the 'constant banging and noise' following complaints from other home fans.

A letter handed out before Saturday's match warned: 'Make as much noise as you like when we score. But this constant noise is driving fans mad.'

Fans in block 53A were so angry that many protested by turning their backs on the game against Wigan Athletic.

Now they are calling for the resignation of the club's safety manager Sue Watson, who wrote the letter.

It was aimed at a group of fans called Red Faction who have congregated in the Riverside stadium's south-east corner in order to create a singing area.

Complaints had been received by other fans in the same block about 'persistent standing and the constant banging and noise coming from the back of this stand', the letter said.

Red Faction member Andrew Leigh, 46, from Middlesbrough, said: 'Are they going to give us prompt cards to tell us when we can sing and when we can't? This is a working class sport and a passionate sport.'

Fellow fan Stephen Fenwick, 45, has sat in the block for years and says the Red Faction's decision to move there has rejuvenated the atmosphere.

He said: 'It's made the games so much more enjoyable - they are just trying to give the game a bit of life.'

Hush: Middlesbrough FC's safety officer Sue Watson wrote the letter

Former Middlesbrough player Bernie Slaven was incredulous when he was first handed a copy of the letter at the ground.

He said: 'I thought it was joke. Do they want the place to be like a morgue?'

Former referee Jeff Winter said more applause, not less, would help the team.

'For fans who don't like noise on sat afternoon I suggest they go down the library,' he added.

The club today apologised to fans upset by the letter.

A Middlesbrough FC spokesman said: 'The fans' backing is absolutely essential and we would never discourage passionate support.

'The letter was designed to ask those fans new to block 53A to continue to back the team with passionate and noise but do have respect for fellow fans too.

'However, we totally accept that the letter was not well worded and understand the strength of feeling on this issue.'

Guest efctaxi
Their record is worse than i thought 1 goal in the last nine matches :o so i'm not surprised the ground is half empty, especialy when the supporters have been handed a letter asking them to be Quiet at the games. :o:o:lol:

Quote:

Football fans are furious after their club told them to keep quiet during matches.

Middlesbrough supporters were told they could cheer when their team scored - but must keep the noise down at all other times.

With Middlesbrough struggling against relegation - and just one goal scored in the last nine games - the club's edict could make for a very quiet stadium.

Fans in one corner of the club's stadium were asked to stop the 'constant banging and noise' following complaints from other home fans.

A letter handed out before Saturday's match warned: 'Make as much noise as you like when we score. But this constant noise is driving fans mad.'

Fans in block 53A were so angry that many protested by turning their backs on the game against Wigan Athletic.

Now they are calling for the resignation of the club's safety manager Sue Watson, who wrote the letter.

It was aimed at a group of fans called Red Faction who have congregated in the Riverside stadium's south-east corner in order to create a singing area.

Complaints had been received by other fans in the same block about 'persistent standing and the constant banging and noise coming from the back of this stand', the letter said.

Red Faction member Andrew Leigh, 46, from Middlesbrough, said: 'Are they going to give us prompt cards to tell us when we can sing and when we can't? This is a working class sport and a passionate sport.'

Fellow fan Stephen Fenwick, 45, has sat in the block for years and says the Red Faction's decision to move there has rejuvenated the atmosphere.

He said: 'It's made the games so much more enjoyable - they are just trying to give the game a bit of life.'

Hush: Middlesbrough FC's safety officer Sue Watson wrote the letter

Former Middlesbrough player Bernie Slaven was incredulous when he was first handed a copy of the letter at the ground.

He said: 'I thought it was joke. Do they want the place to be like a morgue?'

Former referee Jeff Winter said more applause, not less, would help the team.

'For fans who don't like noise on sat afternoon I suggest they go down the library,' he added.

The club today apologised to fans upset by the letter.

A Middlesbrough FC spokesman said: 'The fans' backing is absolutely essential and we would never discourage passionate support.

'The letter was designed to ask those fans new to block 53A to continue to back the team with passionate and noise but do have respect for fellow fans too.

'However, we totally accept that the letter was not well worded and understand the strength of feeling on this issue.'

Everton fans will have to tell them to 'shush' with a big shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh at the next match lol :lol:

I can understand that the noise of supporters can often be unnerving for others , which is why I'm in favour of ideas regarding singing stands etc ( to a point ) and a little thought behind seating arrangements .

It is a 'working class' sport , but being working class doesn't have to turn us into foul mouthed apes for 90 minutes , despite the adrenalin and anticipation involved .

The family section and young supporters sections etc in any ground should be as ' ape free ' as possible , though this doesn't mean that they won't want to cheer or sing like the rest . It just means there might not be some beer swilled gorilla sat behind them with an air horn in one hand and a one finger salute in the other shouting obsenities in their ear all match :lol: