IGNORED

Official. Everton Better Than Real Madrid.

MikeO

Did anyone see any of the game tonight?

I didn't but it beats me how a side as ineffective as Liverpool were against us can go and win in Madrid....without Gerrard and with Torres apparently struggling before being subbed.

Are Madrid just poor or is it just that we're really good?

Real wasn't good tonight, don't watch them play alot, but i assume they can do alot better

Real was the better team overall i thought, but both teams had few good chances

I saw some " small club mentality" (check the rafa-dictionnary)from liverpool in the last 25 minutes, often with 11

players on there half of the pitch..

A little bit of poor defending from real did the trick

Guest efctaxi

I didn't see the match , but I'm happy that they won .

Everton in a derby is a totally different opponent than Real Madrid . Liverpool strike fear into opponents across Europe , and for me have possibly the best team to do the job when all fit . They suit the European game better than the prem , but they'll have to play better to win it .

I didn't see the match , but I'm happy that they won .

Everton in a derby is a totally different opponent than Real Madrid . Liverpool strike fear into opponents across Europe , and for me have possibly the best team to do the job when all fit . They suit the European game better than the prem , but they'll have to play better to win it .

efctaxi is starting more and more sound as a red undercover agent :gay:

Edited by LexKing

Guest efctaxi
efctaxi is starting more and more sound as a red undercover agent :gay:

Because I give a mature and honest opinion , as opposed to calling them silly names ?

Their European record speaks for itself .

Because I give a mature and honest opinion , as opposed to calling them silly names ?

Their European record speaks for itself .

Not just that lol. You also wanna sell all our better players for buyin some1 no1 knows for return ^^

And if you didnt get my point i were joking... but if i see you mention somewhere that we should get rid of DM then i say i were right :D

Guest efctaxi
Not just that lol. You also wanna sell all our better players for buyin some1 no1 knows for return ^^

And if you didnt get my point i were joking... but if i see you mention somewhere that we should get rid of DM then i say i were right :D

Not so lol :lol:

Most of it is tongue and cheek knowing it winds up one or 2 individuals for a bit of fun , though there is also a logical reason mixed in there too .

Bit of both , but a bit of banter makes a forum a more enjoyable place as opposed to kissing the royal blue ass every thread :lol:

EFCtaxi, I agree that a bit of banter is always a good thing, however I am puzzled by you saying your happy the RS won. I'm not much of a Real fan always been more of a Barca man myself, and yes most people say we should support English sides in Europe. However there was a part of me kinda hoping Real would do them over, to be honest I really don't care either way let alone am I happy with the result!!!

Still everyone's entitled to their opinion thats what makes a good forum!!!

Guest efctaxi
EFCtaxi, I agree that a bit of banter is always a good thing, however I am puzzled by you saying your happy the RS won. I'm not much of a Real fan always been more of a Barca man myself, and yes most people say we should support English sides in Europe. However there was a part of me kinda hoping Real would do them over, to be honest I really don't care either way let alone am I happy with the result!!!

Still everyone's entitled to their opinion thats what makes a good forum!!!

I love beating Liverpool when it happens . It's always been that way .

I have a bit of banter with the red fans when we win , and when we lose , I have to take it off them , but it's never been a hate thing , especially as an adult .

The only reason I would rather Liverpool didn't win the league , or the Euro cup etc , when we don't , is that the buggers never shut up about it . They throw their success down your throats , but that's something you have to put up with when you live side by side with LFC and Utd fans .

One thing you won't find me doing though is delighting in their misery should they fail , as I'm a little old for that , and football isn't really that important .

Both sides have their younger supporters who thrive on the ' bitter rivalry ' thing , but only complete idiots let it become so important to them that they become aggressive at the very mention of the other side , and / or tear each others hair out over it .

To be a true football fan , you need to enjoy it as a sport , as most of us aren't actually participating in premiership matches etc , which tickles me when people talk about what they have won as though it's some kind of personal achievement , or brag about the history of a club that had success , often before they were even born .

Yes , if United are in the final of Europe , I will hope they win , and the same goes for Liverpool , and certainly over continental competition , but that doesn't mean I have to swing from the lampshades every time they score . I'm a football fan first and foremost , and enjoyed supporting Everton for the past 35 years , but if Everton aren't playing , then I'll still enjoy a match between 2 other teams if the game is a good one , and if an English team is playing abroad , then I'll be hoping they win . Should 2 English sides find themselves in the final , then let the best team win , but I'll enjoy the match regardless :)

Edited by efctaxi

A bit off topic, but I think this question needs to be asked. In this game, I noticed that Diarra has changed his squad number to 39. Apparently he has 2 numbers now, 6 (which was the other Diarra's number) when he plays in La Liga, and 39 for the UEFA Champions League. Why complicate things?????

Furthermore, along with Diarra, Ruud Van Nistelrooy has also lost his number to Daniel Munoz, the guy who just returned from loan at QPR. Why the hell are they giving away their good players squad numbers just because they are out for the season?!?!?! :blink::huh:

Guest efctaxi
i watched the match, it was shite, real are not big anymore. But fair play to liverpools defence, they did well.

Robben was shite, would go on a little jinxing run get almost clean through then throw himself to the floor to try win a free kick.

How can you say that ? :blink:

Robben was easily the best player on the pitch the whole night , and caused Liverpool a lot of trouble . Take away his contribution and Real had little else to show for the night .

Whole match watched on Eurosport last night . :)

How can you say that ? :blink:

Robben was easily the best player on the pitch the whole night , and caused Liverpool a lot of trouble . Take away his contribution and Real had little else to show for the night .

Whole match watched on Eurosport last night . :)

I'll second that. Robben was their best player. Overall Real were crap.

Liverpool deserved their win and fair play to them (I still hate them though)

I thought Robben was shit from what I'd seen. I wasn't paying full attention to the game mind, but every time I seen him try to beat a man he simply ran into the Liverpool player and lost posession.

He wasn't that good Martyn but he was the best they had. Incidentally he is one of the players I despise the most with his play acting and feigning injury but Real appeared to be bereft of ideas so his individual style seemed their biggest threat