IGNORED

Rodwell

Guest efctaxi
Surely us winning the FA cup would happen after the league season has ended, therefore any injuries in that won't stop us getting that 4th spot!!

Stop interfering with my faith :angry::lol:

I honestly believe that the Nolan tackle was unintentional, Teta's injury was basicallt self inflicted but Taylor was throwing his weight around at both Rodwell and Baines, trying to impress his new team. This talk of deliberate tactic to hurt is a nonsense imo, that said I would be delighted to see these shit flinging supporters trudging round the lower divisions for good, they stink :(

Edited by Jimmy the blue

I honestly believe that the Nolan tackle was unintentional, Teta's injury was basicallt self inflicted but Taylor was throwing his weight around at both Rodwell and Baines, trying to impress his new team. This talk of deliberate tactic to hurt is a nonsense imo, that said I would be delighted to see these shit flinging supporters trudging round the lower divisions for good, they stink :(

I have to disagree, I know everyone came out and said 'he isn't that type of player' but even so, he should have won the ball as Anichebe overran it but instead he jumped over it two footed and went straight into Anichebe's calf, it was shocker and should warrant more like a 5 or 10 game ban imo. He may have had rush of blood to the head, he may not have thought it through, but in no way could he jump over the ball two footed by accident.

Guest efctaxi
I have to disagree, I know everyone came out and said 'he isn't that type of player' but even so, he should have won the ball as Anichebe overran it but instead he jumped over it two footed and went straight into Anichebe's calf, it was shocker and should warrant more like a 5 or 10 game ban imo. He may have had rush of blood to the head, he may not have thought it through, but in no way could he jump over the ball two footed by accident.

Murderers aren't murderers untill their first kill :)

I don't think he was the dirtiest player , but that foul was shocking for an experienced pro .

Murderers aren't murderers untill their first kill :)

I don't think he was the dirtiest player , but that foul was shocking for an experienced pro .

^^ I like the way you summerize it ^^ .

But for you and Carl we had a thread on this after the Taylor foul on Eduardo, And i re-iterate what i said at the time, rules are rules and so a red card means a 3 match ban, Any ban should not depend on how serious the injuries are.

If they change the rules to allow that, they are opening a new can of worms.

The rule they should change is the one that says the FA cant intervene because the Ref saw it and dealt with it at the time, how stupid is that rule.

But leave well alone i say.

It used to be a mans game when hard tackles like that happened in every game, the players saw the ice cold sponge heading their way and jumped up ready to go again. Ive seen one player running down the wing with one of his legs tucked under his arm. ;)

But for you and Carl we had a thread on this after the Taylor foul on Eduardo, And i re-iterate what i said at the time, rules are rules and so a red card means a 3 match ban, Any ban should not depend on how serious the injuries are.

The rule they should change is the one that says the FA cant intervene because the Ref saw it and dealt with it at the time, how stupid is that rule.

It used to be a mans game when hard tackles like that happened in every game, the players saw the ice cold sponge heading their way and jumped up ready to go again. Ive seen one player running down the wing with one of his legs tucked under his arm. ;)

Disagree. Rules are there as a boundary, how far beyond the boundary you go should represent appropriate punishment. If after his horror tackle Nolan then decided to stamp on Cheebs' head and then kick him in the stomach for good measure he (Nolan) is OK because he will only get a 3 match ban....

Disagree. Rules are there as a boundary, how far beyond the boundary you go should represent appropriate punishment. If after his horror tackle Nolan then decided to stamp on Cheebs' head and then kick him in the stomach for good measure he (Nolan) is OK because he will only get a 3 match ban....

Which is why i said this ............... The rule they should change is the one that says the FA cant intervene because the Ref saw it and dealt with it at the time, how stupid is that rule. :)

sorry bill i dont agree these type of tackles need to be outlawed...the fa or the players union should have an input even the managers can help stop this by not selecting the player after his suspention.

I agree, read my last post.

I see what you're saying Bill but I seem to remember that someone, possibly Ben Thatcher, got more like a 5 or 10 game ban for a horror tackle a couple of seasons ago? I could be mistaken though.

Edited by carlmc25

Yeah the Ref missed it and their was such an uproar about it that Man City themselves suspended him then the FA added to the 6 GAME BAN that the club had given him.

Edit ............... Just found it on wiki .......

On August 30, Manchester City announced that Thatcher would be banned for six matches, two of which would be suspended, and fined six weeks' wages for the challenge. This punishment is separate from the sanctions made by the FA, who suspended Thatcher for eight matches, with a further fifteen game ban suspended for two years.

Just hold on a minute I've not once mentioned in this thread the length of ban to be inflicted on Nolan as it was a bloody awful tackle. I think you'll find in the match thread I suggested that for all similar or deliberate tackles the perpetrator should be suspended for a long period that the injured player is kept out of the game.......................if that was done then people would soon be more careful. My initial response was in reply to allegation that United players set out to injure our lads, that is IMO crap. I do wish people would read threads before getting into pulpits

Just hold on a minute I've not once mentioned in this thread the length of ban to be inflicted on Nolan as it was a bloody awful tackle. I think you'll find in the match thread I suggested that for all similar or deliberate tackles the perpetrator should be suspended for a long period that the injured player is kept out of the game.......................if that was done then people would soon be more careful. My initial response was in reply to allegation that United players set out to injure our lads, that is IMO crap. I do wish people would read threads before getting into pulpits

Maybe you should read my post as well then Jim, as I never once said that you did say Nolan's tackle should only get a 3 game ban. I posted in response to your comment about how you thought it was not a deliberate foul, something that I disagree with, I then went on to say that I also thought the tackle was so bad I thought it deserved more than a 3 game ban, especially as he meant it. Maybe I could have structured my response better to make it clearer what I was referring to.

Edited by carlmc25

Maybe you should read my post as well then Jim, as I never once said that you did say Nolan's tackle should only get a 3 game ban. I posted in response to your comment about how you thought it was not a deliberate foul, something that I disagree with, I then went on to say that I also thought the tackle was so bad I thought it deserved more than a 3 game ban, especially as he meant it. Maybe I could have structured my response better to make it clearer what I was referring to.

Pax, so what about my suggestion

Pax, so what about my suggestion

We've talked about this before Jim. I think it has merit, but when you come to making the decision on each specific case it would be very difficult to prove intent. It's a bit like judgeing a "crime of passion," at what point does in become pre-meditated...and how do the authorities decide how much in advance of the incident the intent was formed? Is it more acceptable to break someone's leg with an immediate emotional response to being fouled than to chase after them for five seconds....or ten seconds?

In some cases I think it would be a great idea, but then logically Roy Keane would have been banned for life after his assault on Busst. It would be a very tough law to write and to enforce.

We've talked about this before Jim. I think it has merit, but when you come to making the decision on each specific case it would be very difficult to prove intent. It's a bit like judgeing a "crime of passion," at what point does in become pre-meditated...and how do the authorities decide how much in advance of the incident the intent was formed? Is it more acceptable to break someone's leg with an immediate emotional response to being fouled than to chase after them for five seconds....or ten seconds?

In some cases I think it would be a great idea, but then logically Roy Keane would have been banned for life after his assault on Busst. It would be a very tough law to write and to enforce.

The only thing you could do Mike is say there is no such thing as an accident only carelessness. I would think a maximum period of say a season should apply but it is plainly unjust to say a man gets a three game ban for maiming an opponent who as a result of the maiming is out for months

I agree, although I do think there needs to be some sterner punishment for the worst of fouls. If someone has gone over the top of the ball or gone in two footed with both feet off the ground and hit someone then there needs to be a panel looking at these things, the worry is then there will be accusations of bias, double standards etc. I don't think it's right that someone can get a 3 game ban for virtually nothing, yet someone can go in and hatchet job an opposition player and only get 3 games. I don't think you can base it on the injury you do to someone else and how long that person will be out, as sometimes innocuous fouls can do lots of damage whilst horrendous tackles can do little, but I do think the FA should have a panel set up who, in the event of really shocking career threatening tackles, can step in and enforce a 5 or 10 game ban - or maybe players should just be suspended, without pay, for the 3 games as well! I don't know what would work but at the moment it just doesn't seem quite right when Nolan gets off virtually scot free and Anichebe could be out for the season.