IGNORED

Fellaini

It seems that Blues fans are becoming divided in their opinion of this lad, to some he has been crap from the day he arrived, others had defended him but are now losing patience whilst others still think he was worth every penny we paid for him. I find myself in the middle category having defended him early he showed great improvement and all seemed to be heading in the right direction but IMO he is now playing worse than he was when he first arrived.

This lad has been carrying an injury, a back injury at that, so should he be playing if its having such a detrimental effect on his game. He appears to be disinterested at times, he could be troubled by the pace of the English game but what ever the problem is nothing can be blamed for his lack of self control, 12 yellow cards so far this season which is just stupid. His supporters claim he is only a kid but this kid is a full Belgian international footballer with CL experience.

TBH I have found his displays of late to be worryingly disappointing. The exchange of looks with DM when he was taken off yesterday suggested to me that all was not well between them. Strangely he has yet to learn English sufficiently to hold a conversation, does that indicate that his not the brightest pebble on the beach? From what I have been watching I honestly believe that the huge amount of money we paid for him could be wasted as he is looking like a fish out of water.

What do you think of Fellaini?

Well as soon as we bought him I said we'd been robbed with the fee and that he'd never be worth that amount. However, it wasn't his fault we paid that much for him. The club fucked our summer up (Moyes included) meaning Liege had us over a barrel and they took advantage of it knowing we HAD to bring someone in. Initially he looked shite, and I mean utter shite - couldn't run, couldn't win a single header etc. Then he seemed to get himself in order and he looked a lot better, still not perfect or a £15million man, but better. He scored a few goals, learnt how to jump, and looked like after a bit more time he could become one of our key players. Then he got injured and hasn't looked the same since, back to looking how he did when he first arrived infact. He does have a cracked bone in his back though, which must really make even the simplest of things very difficult for him to do.

I take your point on the yellow card situation. A few of him have been his downright stupidity but I've found myself dismayed by a few that he's received. Yesterday Pienaar was getting chopped down left, right and centre but the WBA players escaped without even a talking to. Fellaini jumped into the back of someone to win a header and got booked :huh: .

I'm not sure how you can have a go at him for playing while injured tbh. If it's detrimental to our side then the blame should lie with Moyes, he picks the team. We're clearly desperate for numbers and the fact that Fellaini is still out there when he'll be in a lot of pain shows that he has a good work ethic and attitude.

I'm willing to give him time.

We should have allowed him to get fit before we keep pushing him into games. He had a problem with his hamstring (i think) then we pushed him back and he was rubbish, he injurs his back and we push him back and and he was rubbish. He is not the fastest player in the world anyway but playing him when he is clearly only 50% fit seems silly.

He started very well for us I thought but I don't think he was been fit since Christmas. Also the fact that he is pushed around the field and played in numerous different positions will not be helping him much. He has not performed well in midfield since we started using him as an emergancy striker, but that has also been since he was not been fit. I think these two factors have contributed to his poor run recently If we had the numbers I would say rest him for a few weeks, let him get fit again and then see what he does. Other teams clearly see him as a threat and he was casuing teams problems when he was really up and running. I think that he will continue to develop as a player, but maturity is the main thing he needs to learn at the moment. He is still young and clearly has not fully adapted to the english game. Once we buy some pacey players in the team I think that he will be able to opperate with more degree of sucess.

Well as soon as we bought him I said we'd been robbed with the fee and that he'd never be worth that amount. However, it wasn't his fault we paid that much for him. The club fucked our summer up (Moyes included) meaning Liege had us over a barrel and they took advantage of it knowing we HAD to bring someone in. Initially he looked shite, and I mean utter shite - couldn't run, couldn't win a single header etc. Then he seemed to get himself in order and he looked a lot better, still not perfect or a £15million man, but better. He scored a few goals, learnt how to jump, and looked like after a bit more time he could become one of our key players. Then he got injured and hasn't looked the same since, back to looking how he did when he first arrived infact. He does have a cracked bone in his back though, which must really make even the simplest of things very difficult for him to do.

I take your point on the yellow card situation. A few of him have been his downright stupidity but I've found myself dismayed by a few that he's received. Yesterday Pienaar was getting chopped down left, right and centre but the WBA players escaped without even a talking to. Fellaini jumped into the back of someone to win a header and got booked :huh: .

I'm not sure how you can have a go at him for playing while injured tbh. If it's detrimental to our side then the blame should lie with Moyes, he picks the team. We're clearly desperate for numbers and the fact that Fellaini is still out there when he'll be in a lot of pain shows that he has a good work ethic and attitude.

I'd echo that statement

At no point have I had a go at him because he is injured in fact I acknowledge that fact but if he was injured to any great degree he should not be on the park, its as simple. Once a player gets a reputation refs look out for them, Fellaini has been his own worst enemy as far as that is concerned. Your comparison with the WBA players is worthless when you see some of the stupid things he has done in so many other games, annoyingly he protests in such a dismissive manner to the refs I'm surprised he hasn't been sent off more.

PS, the cost of a player can only be aimed at the club, he was a panic buy

Edited by Jimmy the blue

At no point have I had a go at him because he is injured in fact I acknowledge that fact but if he was injured to any great degree he should not be on the park, its as simple. Once a player gets a reputation refs look out for them, Fellaini has been his own worst enemy as far as that is concerned. Your comparison with the WBA players is worthless when you see some of the stupid things he has done in so many other games, annoyingly he protests in such a dismissive manner to the refs I'm surprised he hasn't been sent off more.

It's not worthless at all. It shows that on occasions the refs are treating him harshly. I admitted that some of his bookings have been warranted because he's been incredibly stupid.

It's not worthless at all. It shows that on occasions the refs are treating him harshly. I admitted that some of his bookings have been warranted because he's been incredibly stupid.

Yesterday he was warned by Bennett................................as was Robinson but as usual he ignored the warning and that is not the fault of WBA players at all

One problem is that he stands out so much, he does make silly challenges but they are often ones that other players would get away with. If he makes a challenge and the ref is on the other side of the pitch he will always know it was Felli becasue of his size and that hair! Other players who stand out less and blend in will not draw attention to themselves as much, however this something that will not go away and something that big mo must address, in reagrds to his style of play.

when he gets back fit and gets some matches in his normal/natural postion he will be quailty and when his english gets better

its good to have a kid with his size in our team when he gets more experienced the fouls will cut out but he CAN be a powerful unit and would be a very good defensive midfielder

and to have someone of his size is an advantage at set pieces

did anyone see him take out carson with the goal it was quality he would not of known but still quite good

Fellaini is a pure DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD PLAYER, it is at this place he played since he was 12. Why the fuck does he play as offensive midfield player or even as 2nd forward here at Everton ? Seen from Belgiium, it is a complete non-sense, he's losing 50% of his potential there...

he's not good enough as a defensive midfielder, can't tackle.

i think he's a waste of money and i'e thought this from the start. where does he fit into a fully fit side? if he was adefensive midfielder, that's where he'd fit in, but he isn't. we spent 15 million on a player we don't need we needed a defensive mid and a creative player and he's neither, fulyl fit he won't get ahead of arteta, cahill or a new/real defensive mid. a disappointing waste.

Guest efctaxi

I've supported him from the start , but at the moment , he looks a little lost and out of his depth .

He is in need of an arm around the shoulder and a few wise words of experience . The first thing he needs to do is lose the hair , as he is certainly standing out for non footballing reasons before he even kicks a ball .

A little coaching seems to be needed to ensure he adapts to the Prem style of play .

At this time , he is unfit , and a weakness in what is generally a strong line up .

Never liked him, he has shown 0 progression, he is clumsy (as already said), passing is average (Rodwell puts him to shame with the simple effective passes), was screaming for him to be taken off yesterday and I cannot see in the near future my opinion will change. I just don't think he is an excellent player whether £5m, £15 or £50m.

But I have never made any secret of it.

The fact this thread even exists shows the Fellaini blue tinted glasses are fading...

For me the jury is still out on him, he started badly then seemed to find a bit of form but since he has returned he seems to be back to square one.

I know the price tag is not his fault but for £15M I would expect the finished artilcle not someone who may or may not make it in the Prem.

Another possible cause for his lack of form is that he is still staying in a hotel in the city centre and anybody who goes out around Liverpool city centre could tell you that he is a regularly spotted out and about around the bars

Like with anything else on this board, opinion will switch back and forth depending on form. At the start of the season, Lescott was getting abuse hurled at him left, right and centre because of how bad he was playing, with people saying we should sell him and bring another defender in. Switch to now, and he deserves a start ahead of Joey Yobo, an everton stalwart who's been our best defender for years (before Jags).

Fellaini is having a nightmare at the moment, but to be honest, I think people are putting this under the microscope too much because of his price. The £15 mil wasn't all up front, I heard around £4 mil was paid, the rest based on appearances and league finishes. Let's see what we've got from him in that time:

-Added much, much needed height to one of the shortest squads in the league

-Saved our bacon twice when we were playing absolutely crap, once against Bolton to secure 3 points and once against manure

-4 goals so far, that's 4 times what Pienaar has scored in his time with us

-Aggresive and powerful figure in midfield who causes problems for the opposition

Now yes, he is clumsy, part and parcel of being so big and so young, he will develop to become more controlled. Yes he's gotten a lot of bookings, again the impetulence of youth and clumsiness has added to that greatly. And yes, admittedly he is not in form at the moment, but doesn't he have a cracked rib? Last I heard ribs take a while to heal because there's nothing you can do about it. He's obviously been feeling discomfort since before the F.A. Cup win against the shite, and is still not back to his best.

As for him being a defense midfielder, I haven't seen him play that role all season. So let's look at this factually, he is being played out of position in almost every game, he has come to a new country for the first time in his life and is adapting to one of the fastest football leagues in the world, he is young, and so has not gained enough experience on the world stage to be truly comfortable at what he does, and he is also a very big, imposing player, who quite frankly, is dealing with thespians every week. There are a hell of a lot of players that will drop at the slightest nudge and Fellaini doesn't just nudge them. :P

In reality guys, it's been 6 months. 6 months. If I knocked up the missus before we signed him I still wouldn't know whether to call the kid Adam or Eve, and yet we're already saying he's no good and never will be. <_<

I think a little perspective is needed, Moyes has got this 21 year-old kid for the next five years, and he's just over half a season in and nursing an injury. Thanks to a long list of injuries, we're asking him to play out of position while recovering, and youre condeming him because he hasn't been at his best. Hindsight will show whether or not he was worth it, but either way we're not going to sell him so get used to seeing him in the royal blue more often.

I like him, but he's raw and needs moulding before he truly gives value to his transfer fee, but as of now, he's better than noone, and I'm happy he's here.

IF!.....if Fellaini didn't cost £15million up front, but did infact only cost about a third of this, with the rest depending upon a number of things......WHY oh why hasn't Moyes come clean on this.In doing so he could remove pressure from Fellaini, gain a bit more credit himself (Moyes) and help the fans come to terms with a last minute signing, that most think was a panic buy!!

Is it some kind of gagging clause built into the sale, to stop other teams thinking they can remove all Fellaini's old team mates for a decent price?

Where did this rumour come from (the one in which he was only £4million)?

Come on!...was it you MikeO!........or you JC in DC ?...........Bloody forum gossip :angry:

When he (Fellaini) first came his form was poor.....then it was good.......then it was poor...

So, we all know what's comming next, don't we :)

Come on, he's young and he's injured, and Moyes is having to play him.

If he's so injured that he's not match fit then he shouldn't play and I don't think the club would risk him. I think he's a lot more match fit than is being posted on here.

As for his silly fouls, they're annoying. What is more annoying is him elbowing the oppostion every week. The refs will pick up on this and he will start to get his card even more marked than it is right now. Exchange yellow for straight red's if he ever get's spotted elbowing, which he has done in at least the last 3 games he has played.

Struggled at first, got better, now has taken a massive step backwards.

Has a poor forst touch, terribly slow, passing can be improved, struggles to direct free headers some of the time. The price tag is not his fault but will always be raised unless he is playing like you'd expect a £15million player to play.

Potential- yes undoubtedly, is he at a club that has the time to watch this potential blossom... I'm not so sure. Personally, I think we need someone to hit the ground running if we pay £BIG, and Fellainin hasn't done that (so far).

If he's so injured that he's not match fit then he shouldn't play and I don't think the club would risk him. I think he's a lot more match fit than is being posted on here.

He has a cracked bone in his back, surely you don't expect it to have healed that quick? And Moyes said himself that before the Newcastle game Fellaini hadn't trained at all for 2 weeks.

he's not good enough as a defensive midfielder, can't tackle.

i think he's a waste of money and i'e thought this from the start. where does he fit into a fully fit side? if he was adefensive midfielder, that's where he'd fit in, but he isn't. we spent 15 million on a player we don't need we needed a defensive mid and a creative player and he's neither, fulyl fit he won't get ahead of arteta, cahill or a new/real defensive mid. a disappointing waste.

I agree with that. Fellaini is never going to be as good as Cahill as an attacking goalscoring midfielder, when we bought him we needed a DM and Fellaini is a terrible tackler, all he does is foul and he is UNBELIEVABLY slow, he looks like someone's grandad jogging about. He started off abysmally, then got a little better so the hope is he is just unfit but even taking that into account he was getting far too much praise earlier in the season for average performances. He's an ok passer usually but he's no creative genius or in the same league as Arteta, he's not as good in the air or as dangerous as Cahill and he's nowhere near mobile enough to be a Vieira or Gerrard (even Carsley) type player. I'll still give him the benefit of the doubt but he's been disappointing so far, Arteta and Cahill (alongside the excellent defence) have saved our season, the two players you can nearly always rely on yet still some seem to doubt every season once they have a bad spell. Fellaini, Osman and Pienaar need to step up now to finish off the work that Arteta started.

Guest efctaxi

I think Arteta is getting a little too much praise here .

He has played well , but not consistently well and certainly not in the big games . If anything , it is Baines that has made the biggest difference this season as opposed to Arteta . Our defence has also been outstanding for the most part , so lets not look at us as being an Everton team powered by an Arteta engine with Cahill fuel as that simply isn't the case .

Evertons wheels have been turning because of quite a few players .

got to disagree with the arteta comments there. i agree with you on baines though, i've said it all along he should play, he's a great footballer and a real threat with his crossing ability. on arteta though, since he's come into the middle he's ran everything for us comes to get it and rarely wastes it, always gives the passer an option, he's been a lot lot better and i think he makes a massive difference. when we're under the cosh he's the only player capable of putting his foot on the ball and holding onto it long enough for us to push out. against liverpool when he was missing was a massive intidcation of how we miss him IMO. he's irreplacable for us and as important to us as ronaldo, lampard, gerrard are to their sides.

I still think he's great, and he will be ( and he already is) very important to everton.

True, he's last few games were not as good,

But I've seen some improvement on his fauling, and seen him do a few proper tackles after new year

Imagine he would only have costed 5 million pounds, how would you lot rate him then?

He was very expensive but thats not his fault.

i think we will have a topic like this every time we has a few lesser games.

He will probably never be considered worth 15 million pounds, unless he becomes the premier league's best player or something

I still think he's great, and he will be ( and he already is) very important to everton.

True, he's last few games were not as good,

But I've seen some improvement on his fauling, and seen him do a few proper tackles after new year

Imagine he would only have costed 5 million pounds, how would you lot rate him then?

He was very expensive but thats not his fault.

i think we will have a topic like this every time we has a few lesser games.

He will probably never be considered worth 15 million pounds, unless he becomes the premier league's best player or something

Exactly the same. Price tag doesn't bother me one bit, the fact he is not a very good footballer does.

I like Mo, I think in time he'll become a really important player for us. Once he gets used the Prem a bit more, and once referees stop immediately turning to him as soon as there's some kind of infraction in the area of the pitch that he's in. And, as we saw today, Huth & Co were all over him in the first half. Headlocks and all. The first time he's not being wrestled and he scores.

Yeah, I admit that sometimes he's passing is a bit astray, and he sometimes looks like he could be a bit more interested. But there's more to come from this lad, I can promise you that.