IGNORED

Penalties

Who will take the penalties with Arteta out??

As Jo scored the last one I guess he'd take it if he was on the pitch.

Sunday? Good question. Baines maybe?

We've not even got anyone who scored in the Fiorentina shoot-out available (Gravesen, Arteta). Jags missed then but I suppose he could be an option. Guarantee it'd be a blast straight down the middle though I'd have thought.

Has Saha ever been a penalty taker?

It won't go to penalties because of the round but if it did we have some pretty strong takers. The players we do have have had some good experiances with other clubs at scoring from 12-yards.

For me (In any order):

Baines

Jagielka

Saha

Cahill

Pienaar

I chose Baines because of his free-kick ability and I'm sure he took a few when he was playing at the JJB - Jagielka for a similar reason, he seems to have a good shot on him from free kicks so he could be OK from the penalty spot. Saha is an obvious choice because he's a striker whilst Pienaar & Cahill should be able to put it past the keeper. I didn't put in Jo because he's cup tied (and he would probably tap it back to the keeper :P)

Edited by dark

Guest efctaxi

Anyone noticed that Jo doesn't have a strong shot on him ?

Hopefully it won't go to pens , but if it does , I don't fancy our chances .

I'm counting on Baines and Pienaar to have a good day , and Cahill and Saha to tidy things up .

Anyone noticed that Jo doesn't have a strong shot on him ?

In my opinion I would have to disagree, for one I feel he takes pretty confident penalties (although it doesn't matter for the weekend). As for his general shot, I think it relies more on placement...much like Saha actually. I would rate them quite close to one another, his work rate and eye for oppurtunity just has to get stronger. But I will stand by his spot kick capabilites, as well as Baines.

Pioneer for me or Baines but seen as he can't even get a go at a free kick I reckon it will be Peanuts. Can anybody tell me why Jagielka is taking the long range free kicks? Ive not seen him beat the wall yet! Give em to Leighton will you!

If he's going to be the new stubbsy then he needs to learn how to take free-kicks, so he's been practising - hopefully it will start paying soon!!!

Guest efctaxi
In my opinion I would have to disagree, for one I feel he takes pretty confident penalties (although it doesn't matter for the weekend). As for his general shot, I think it relies more on placement...much like Saha actually. I would rate them quite close to one another, his work rate and eye for oppurtunity just has to get stronger. But I will stand by his spot kick capabilites, as well as Baines.

So you disagree with an opinion that Jo doesn't have a strong shot , and back it up by him relying on placement ? :)

That's not really disagreeing lol .

I think his timing is out , and his confidence is low . Put those 2 factors alone together and it makes for a shot that is unlikely to trouble a keeper . Pretty much like a golfer taking a swing :)

His shots so far have been fairly lacklustre . Let's see if that changes once he finds the net a few times .