• Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Tim Cahill
    • Louis Saha

We're on our way to Wembley

My knees have gone all trembly..

pollresizear5.jpg

Felli1.jpgsaha1.jpggoal.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 214

Arteta 164

Cahill 123

Baines 115

Fellaini 95

Osman 82

Neville 70

Howard 61

Pienaar 57

Saha 48

Lescott 44

João Alves Jô 37

Rodwell 29

Gosling 26

Anichebe 21

Castillo 20

Hibbert 15

Baadhi 13

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Van der Meyde 10

Yobo 8

Baxter 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka

Arsenal (H)...Tim Cahill

Manchester United (A)...Tim Howard

Liverpool (H-Cup replay)...Phil Jagielka

Bolton (H)...João Alves Jô

Aston Villa (H)...Mikel Arteta

Newcastle (A)...Jack Rodwell

West Brom (H)...Steven Pienaar

Blackburn (A)...Phil Neville

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fellaini for me, always causing problems and took his goal well.

Saha would've definitely been it had he scored that second chance.

Other contenders were Pienaar and Cahill for their all-round performance, effort and touches and each getting an assist.

And also that brain cell in Moyes' brain which thought to bring on Saha. :lol:

Fellani for me.He could have scored twice and looking dangerous always. passed the ball well.

Very impressed by lescott too as i saw him on several crutial occassions.

Midfielders played well on the whole with osman not playing equally well as others.

Saha had a good game,scored a vital game for us now i see him back on track to the scoresheet. Hopefully he keeps delivering in the rest of season. To me he is like a killer with instinct goal-scoring abilities.

Could have given it to Mo, for the same reasons others have but I went for Saha, simply because we looked a lot more dangerous once he came on and made us look a lot more threatening.

I think he should be on from the start if he's fit. Saying that, it might be worth not playing him until we get to the semi's just to make sure he doesn't pick up any more injuries. :unsure:

Saying that, it might be worth not playing him until we get to the semi's just to make sure he doesn't pick up any more injuries. :unsure:

Exactly. Hope the club puts in a huge order down at the nearest cotton wool shop and wraps him up tightly in it to be opened only in dire emergency before April :) .

Guest efctaxi

Pienaar was good today , as was Neville , but the guy who impressed me the most , and possibly the only guy to actually improve his performance was the big guy .

Fellaini has come under a lot of stick recently , but I noticed a big desire in him today , and thought for the most part was our biggest assest . He was treated badly by the boro players , and kept his cool for most of it , especially as he had no back up from the boys in black . Deserved the goal for his efforts , and covered the whole pitch .

Well done lad .

i thought fellaini was poor, expected him to come off at half time. mostly due to the defence of boro pulling and punching the crap out of him, and the ref doing nothing. thought pienaar was fantastic all over the pitch today.

I semi agree with that and Jimmy's comments as well, Fellaini wasn't particularly brilliant but scored a goal which seems to be enough in some people's eyes to get motm. Pienaar was excellent and worked his nuts off but for me Neville was outstanding again. I would also like to say how much better we look with Cahill in midfield, in the first half with the ultra negative Rodwell/Neville partnership we looked abysmal (again) but as soon as Rodwell went off and Cahill went into midfield we had some urgency and energy, Cahill and Neville were brilliant in that second half but Neville gets my motm for the second match running. Lescott also played very very well.

i thought fellaini was poor, expected him to come off at half time. mostly due to the defence of boro pulling and punching the crap out of him, and the ref doing nothing. thought pienaar was fantastic all over the pitch today.

Steve, after reading your post, I could not agree with you anymore. Maro was crap in the first half, Moyes must have sorted him out at half time. Also Pienaar was fantasic! and yes, that ref was sh*te!

I gave it to Saha his introduction changed our shape and we looked far more composed and balanced and added the winner. I thought a few of the lads had good games in the second half Pienaar had a great game and put in a good shift. I thought Rodwell was non existent today had a very quite game also Osman was poor in most parts AGAIN we had very little on the right he simply can not cut it on the wing he is simply not good enough he also goes missing when he switches inside if not for being short on numbers i wouldn't start him very poor.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I gave it to Saha his introduction changed our shape and we looked far more composed and balanced and added the winner. I thought a few of the lads had good games in the second half Pienaar had a great game and put in a good shift. I thought Rodwell was non existent today had a very quite game also Osman was poor in most parts again we had very little on the right again he simply can not cut it on the wing nowhere near good enough he also goes missing when he switches inside if not for being short on numbers i wouldn't start him very poor.

That post summed up my reasons for choosing Saha this time round. He definatly changed the game for us and ensured that we got a place at Wembley. He showed just what he is capable of with another fine goal. He just gets better and better. Rodwell was poor today and I think the reason for this was lack of experiance, it was a cup Quarter Final and Middlesbrough had come out on machine-gun fire. He needed to be taken off and replaced with someone (like Saha) with good understanding and experiance of a cup game.

He definatly got us through this game, I'm unsure what would have happened without him, he deserves a lot of credit.

i thought felliani had a good game today as ive said before for the last few weeks hes been playing with a cracked bone in his back, hes been played out of position and i thought he deserved motm today worked hard got the shit kicked out of him to and he kissed the badge when he scored lol

What did you guys make of Howard today ?

Didn't look a happy bunny at all :huh:

The thing that makes Howard the good keeper he is is that he is always in a seemingly bad mood. He's always screaming at each individual in the team which makes them aware of everything around them. There's no point having a goalkeeper that can't shout and get on people's backs. He's there to motivate the team and make sure that nothing goes into the net. He's the last resort, if he can make the defence do all the work then that means another clean sheet for him. The more he shouts the more the team works.

He's on of the best that I have seen at Goodison. Like StevO said, I don't remember seeing Neville Southall smiling and laughing in his goal-mouth midway through an important game. 100% focus is the key to winning any game.

Agreed totally with Stevo, thought Felly was awful today, gave the ball away needlessly several times in the first half and I too expected him to be subbed at half time. Improved second half though and did what he does best in causing panic with his height in the penalty area.

Oh, and Pienaar for me though thought Baines and Neville had a good game.

My vote went for Saha. He added something for our team what was missing forst half. He gave more options to attack and more space for fellainin as example who were avalable to score. Also Bainer and Pienaar played well on together at left side and Pienaars cross for Saha`s goal were beauty.

How the hell has Phil Neville only got 3 votes? He was immense today, others played well in patches but Neville is the ONLY player to play consistantly well throughout the whole game. His reading of the game was very good, his positioning, his tackeling, his passing. He lead by example.

Fellaini played well in patches, but went missing occaisonally and also put a few balls astray, he would probably be my second choice for MOTM but he did not do enough to be considered MOTM.

Obviously its objective but i seriuosly believe that Neville deserves a hell of alot more credit than 3 votes.

How the hell has Phil Neville only got 3 votes? He was immense today, others played well in patches but Neville is the ONLY player to play consistantly well throughout the whole game. His reading of the game was very good, his positioning, his tackeling, his passing. He lead by example.

Fellaini played well in patches, but went missing occaisonally and also put a few balls astray, he would probably be my second choice for MOTM but he did not do enough to be considered MOTM.

Obviously its objective but i seriuosly believe that Neville deserves a hell of alot more credit than 3 votes.

Spot on mate. I'm not sure why he hasn't got the recognition that performance deserved, maybe people have their blinkers on. I thought he was excellent though and comfortably MOTM.

I think that Neville has been overlooked this season. He has been a fantastic captain and is one of those people that gets the team out of the shitter when they are down. He's a really good motivator and is a captain that would do well at any team, he's definatly one of the best that I have seen so far at Everton. I'm pleased that he has Everton in his blood. He seems to really enjoy it here and I hope that he stays for many more seasons to come (hopefully until he retires)

His passing today was top notch and his work rate was again 110%, he's not going to be as zippy because of his age and his general position but he definatly puts in the same work rate. He has been one of the best players this season for me along with Jagielka and maybe does deserve more MOTM votes today. He deserves more this season because he has been our rock. Even when we had that early season turmoil he was putting in good games. His focus is superb, notice how he is before a game in the tunnel - eyes locked, getting into the zone.

Can't praise this guy enough to be honest. He's an awesome captain.

I'm nearly lost for words, some peeps view of this game and the players performances has astonished me, i really think we should think about abandoning the MOTM altogether, peeps are voting for their favourite player no matter how he plays, which in the final analysis makes a mockery of the whole thing.

My vote goes to the man who WAS the man of the match, who held the side together when we where on the floor, and who did twice as much work as anybody else on the pitch, Captain Phil Neville was by far the best man on the pitch.

closely followed by Pienaar and Lescott.

We where shit for 70 minutes of this game, the only time we looked better than them was for 20 minutes of the 2nd half, and this was a team that has only won one game of their last 16, has only scored 8 goals in 14 away games and are lying 2nd from bottom in the league. We can thank the gods that we were'nt playing a half decent team.