IGNORED

Fa Cup Final: Chelsea

dark

(-) Chelsea have a million pound team

(-) They have Hiddink, a manager who will want silverware before he goes back to Russia

(-) FC Barcelona beat them in the 90th minute, that will piss them off

(-) Jagielka joins Arteta (and Yakubu) as a non-finalist

(-) Some reason I get the feeling we are in shakey form, thats probably just me

(+) We are underdogs, we have nothing to lose. We are Everton.

And Liverpool and Manchester United are better than Chelsea right? Look what we did to them. :)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Chelsea are out on away goals. This only makes the FA Cup harder. Messi worked the ball to Iniesta on the edge of the Chelsea box and the Barcelona midfielder sended his effort into the top left hand corner of Cech's goal. Barcelona have equalised and it looks like they will go through on the away goals rule. Manchester United and Barcelona in the final.

Is it me or is it funny that we see two red cards in the semi's?

Flethcher (United) and Adibial (Barcelona)

Does this show us that the game is getting more physical? Or just out of coincidence. From Sky Sports it sound as if the sendings off were unjustified.

No just that you get shit refs in the Champions League as well!

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Guest efctaxi

You could look at Fletchers another way , as pointed out by a City fan funnily enough :lol:

Fletcher got the ball - fact .

The ball was still in play , and within Arsenals reach - fact .

Fletchers leg caught Fabregas' after the interception - fact

Fabregas fouled and prevented a 2nd opportunity - fact

Fletcher was last man - fact

Rules are he goes - fact

Result = penalty - fact

Or you could just say it was a mooner being a mooner :lol:

Still gutted for the kid .

His bank account will buy a few pick me ups though .

Don't think it will make much difference .

It's about us . Not them .

I think it would have made a difference. Obviously it is still all down to us and we cant just hope that fate smiles kindly on us. But them appearing in the final would have an effect on there performance in the FA Cup final. It is only 4 days before the FA Cup final, there is travelling between england and italy, and for the players to riase themselves up for the Chapions League final and then to do the exact same thing days later for the FA Cup final is a big ask.

Them appearing in the Champions League Final would have benefitted us, I don't see any other way of looking at it. Still, it will make no change to our own preperation. We do things the hard way.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to hear;

Steven Pienaar is relishing every second of his time at a "massive club" based in Liverpool 4, and believes hunger is the key to overcoming Chelsea in the cup final.

In South Africa they call David Moyes the white witch doctor because of what he has achieved with Everton. We’re a massive club with a great history but now we want to achieve some things in the modern era. We’ve already beaten Liverpool, Manchester United and Aston Villa in the Cup so beating Chelsea at Wembley is not an impossible task. It’s not often that you get to a Cup final when you play for Everton and that will motivate us even more. Our hunger is the key.”

NSNO Article