IGNORED

Gary Dunne Rip

Whilst we blues celebrate reaching the semi finals of the FA cup just spare a thought for the family of the above who have suffered hell on earth waiting for their murdered sons body to be returned to this country.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-n...00252-23061873/

I understand our chairman, Bill Kenwright, has helped meet the cost of bringing this blues body back to the UK and the club have allowed the family to hold the funeral reception at the club's main entertaining suite at GP, gratis.

Personally I hope this family now find hope and comfort following Gary's repatriation, they are life long blues and I hope our win today will help them in some way......................RIP Gary

The lads coffin was taken from its 'in wall' hole in Spain bedecked in the clubs colours, it actually brought tears to my eyes, his father wore the club colours with his sons name of the shirt and sobbed his heart out while the coffin was moved, God bless the poor bloke. Gary was murderer by a drug crazed Spaniard while working in Spain. Spanish law differs from our own and the authorities would not release the lads body for interment here, it took the PM to bring it about, he managed to persuade his Spanish equivalent to allow the transfer. It cost nearly £16,000 to get the body home of which a big chunk was met by Bill Kenwright (proving what I have said about the guy many times before)

The eventual funeral will take place later this month at Liverpool Cathedral, they to have given special permission for this service. Sad to see a young life wasted like this by we blues got the job done and Gary will rest in British earth.

I heard about this at first on Bluekipper. They were basically telling us about what had gone on. His body was still over in Spain at that time and I think the message was to try and get people to donate. I had the idea that people could maybe donate money as they go through the turnstiles, this idea was accepted by Bluekipper but before it went to Everton themselves Bill Kenwright gave the money to the family instead.

It's good to see that he has been returned back to England. His spirit will still live on and is at a better place back home. I just hope that his friends and family can find some comfort from this recent set of events. It's shocking that murder has to happen but when it does it's a mark of respect to have the victim laid to rest. It's took for too long but I guess you could say better late than never.

Glad he's home - RIP.

• 2 weeks later...