IGNORED

Can We Pass Villa In The Next 3 Games?

OK this may be optimistic but stoke and wigan at home plus pompey away I think we can get 9 points. While Villa have totenham Man U and RS all whom are more than capable of beating them.

With or run in I think Arsenal would be the biggest treat to 4th than Villa. I tink villa are in free fall now.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everton

We should be able Stoke, and I think we will. Three points will be no problem there so thats all in the bag. The fact is that Wigan might throw a spanner in the works and dig out a good performance whilst the same will happen against Portsmouth, I'm betting that we have a scrappy month, maybe not providing maximum points. For me we won't be passing through with the 9.

Villa

Desperate to hold onto their good position they will see of Liverpool and Spurs, they wont see United off but still, it's 6 points for them. They have done more than enough to guarentee some European football next season and realisticly would be happy for us to sit in their shadow.

Everton

We should be able Stoke, and I think we will. Three points will be no problem there so thats all in the bag. The fact is that Wigan might throw a spanner in the works and dig out a good performance whilst the same will happen against Portsmouth, I'm betting that we have a scrappy month, maybe not providing maximum points. For me we won't be passing through with the 9.

Villa

Desperate to hold onto their good position they will see of Liverpool and Spurs, they wont see United off but still, it's 6 points for them. They have done more than enough to guarentee some European football next season and realisticly would be happy for us to sit in their shadow.

I agree about the Wigan game but we should beat Portsmouth they have won one in there last ten games and if we predict a win against Stoke then Portsmouth is a no brainer as stoke are higher in the league and are coming off a good result against Bolton.

Everton

Stoke (H)

Portsmouth (A)

Wigan (H)

Villa (A)

Villa

Spurs (H)

Liverpool (A)

United (A)

Everton (H)

In the next four games we have the easier run we should get atleast seven points that being a win against Stoke Portsmouth and a draw with Wigan and Villa i will be hpoing for nine points though.

The games Villa have they will be lucky to take four points they will struggle against Spurs more then likely three points they wont get past Liverpool nor United and i would settle for a draw against us.

So if we can pick up nine points and Villa pick up four that puts us on 54 and Villa on 56 we may not leap them but we should be right up their arses.

I am more then happy with our current position considering the shit luck we have been dealt this season and to be honest Arsenal will finish above Villa now that key players are returning from injury so more then likely we will stay in 6th but WE WILL HAVE the FA cup as a consolation prize :lol:

Edited by EFC-Paul

I agree about the Wigan game but we should beat Portsmouth they have won one in there last ten games and if we predict a win against Stoke then Portsmouth is a no brainer as stoke are higher in the league and are coming off a good result against Bolton.

Everton

Stoke (H)

Portsmouth (A)

Wigan (H)

Villa (A)

Villa

Spurs (H)

Liverpool (A)

United (A)

Everton (H)

In the next four games we have the easier run we should get atleast seven points that being a win against Stoke Portsmouth and a draw with Wigan and Villa i will be hpoing for nine points though.

The games Villa have they will be lucky to take four points they will struggle against Spurs more then likely three points they wont get past Liverpool nor United and i would settle for a draw against us.

So if we can pick up nine points and Villa pick up four that puts us on 54 and Villa on 56 we may not leap them but we should be right up their arses.

I am more then happy with our current position considering the shit luck we have been dealt this season and to be honest Arsenal will finish above Villa now that key players are returning from injury so more then likely we will stay in 6th but WE WILL HAVE the FA cup as a consolation prize :lol:

We are riding our luck at the moment, we should have beaten Newcastle n Blacburn, n have Boros keeper to thank for letting us back into the cup game.

I think we will do well to stay 6th

We are riding our luck at the moment, we should have beaten Newcastle n Blacburn, n have Boros keeper to thank for letting us back into the cup game.

I think we will do well to stay 6th

I dont think we will be lucky to keep 6th the only real threat are WHam who are six points behind and have still to play Chelsea Liverpool and ourselves. I know the teams you mention we should have beaten but we need to remember we are at full stretch in terms of injuries and like most teams bound to have a few wayward results.

The Boro game was not won due to their keeper you cant put goals down like that you can put an "if only" on any goal the difference was that Moyes put out a winning team in the second half.

The Boro game was not won due to their keeper you cant put goals down like that you can put an "if only" on any goal the difference was that Moyes put out a winning team in the second half.

your right,

if you look at the season overall, we aren't exactly the luckiest team.

After our game at Villa i think we can start thinking about getting or not getting past them.

It's just to soon to make an somewhat accurate prediction

Getting past them in the next 3 games, I don't think so.

Everton

Stoke (H)

Portsmouth (A)

Wigan (H)

Villa (A)

Villa

Spurs (H)

Liverpool (A)

United (A)

Everton (H)

With our current form, and their current form, I think we pick up a point over the next 4.

For Us:

Stoke (H) W 2-0

Portsmouth (A) D 0-0

Wigan (H) D 1-1

Villa (A) D 1-1

For Villa:

Spurs (H) W 3-1

Liverpool (A) D 1-1

United (A) L 0-2

Everton (H) D 1-1

we have ten prem games between now and the end of the season, and I reckon we'll get 19 points. 6 wins against Sunderland, Portsmouth, Villa, Stoke, West Ham and Man City, a draw with Fulham and Wigan, and a loss to Chelski and Tottenham.

Which means we'll end on 64 points, 5th place with Europa qual. No logic, just that's what I reckon will happen.

we have ten prem games between now and the end of the season, and I reckon we'll get 19 points. 6 wins against Sunderland, Portsmouth, Villa, Stoke, West Ham and Man City, a draw with Fulham and Wigan, and a loss to Chelski and Tottenham.

Which means we'll end on 64 points, 5th place with Europa qual. No logic, just that's what I reckon will happen.

45+(6x3)+(2x1)=64 :huh: ?

You're quite right Martyn, there's no logic there....it came to sixty-five when I went to school :P .

Honestly, the youth of today, if they don't have a calculator :rolleyes::lol: .

Unlikely but not impossible. Villa faltered badly at the end of last season and are starting to creak now, we have the easier run in and I think it's just on a game by game basis. There is no reason why we can't win the next 3 matches, at the same time we could just as easily only win one of them. We still have a good team, get Cahill back into midfield and take it from there, we have the spirit and the fight to get results, we also have some very good players. If we can win the next 2 matches then I think we'll be in with a real shout. I certainly can't see us losing 6th spot but if we do I'm not that bothered, I'd rather go for broke (4th) than worry about missing out on the UEFA Cup which financially offers very little.

I dont think we will be lucky to keep 6th the only real threat are WHam who are six points behind and have still to play Chelsea Liverpool and ourselves. I know the teams you mention we should have beaten but we need to remember we are at full stretch in terms of injuries and like most teams bound to have a few wayward results.

I wish i shared your optimism, i cant get to see many of our games as i live in the north east, i went to see us at Newcastle and we were shocking bad, ok we had a lot of players out, but our more recent games have not been much better from the reports i hear.

We have to play Man City, Wigan, West Ham, Villa, Chelsea, who are all around us. and with the semi final on our minds i think we may well struggle to keep 6th, i hope im wrong.

This season proves more than ever that we need moe strength in depth. without our star man (Arteta)we are very average in opinion.

Unlikely but not impossible. Villa faltered badly at the end of last season and are starting to creak now, we have the easier run in and I think it's just on a game by game basis. There is no reason why we can't win the next 3 matches, at the same time we could just as easily only win one of them. We still have a good team, get Cahill back into midfield and take it from there, we have the spirit and the fight to get results, we also have some very good players. If we can win the next 2 matches then I think we'll be in with a real shout. I certainly can't see us losing 6th spot but if we do I'm not that bothered, I'd rather go for broke (4th) than worry about missing out on the UEFA Cup which financially offers very little.

I agree with you Carl. In years gone by we have been the ones struggling over the line, we had our bad spell at the very start fo the season and after Sunday it seems Messrs Moyes and Round have started throwing coffe cups against the wall, it is not an impossible ask.

Food for thought, hindsight is a marvellous thing but we'd have been in shit street if our Euro campaign was still running, the fewer games the better methinks

I agree with you Carl. In years gone by we have been the ones struggling over the line, we had our bad spell at the very start fo the season and after Sunday it seems Messrs Moyes and Round have started throwing coffe cups against the wall, it is not an impossible ask.

Food for thought, hindsight is a marvellous thing but we'd have been in shit street if our Euro campaign was still running, the fewer games the better methinks

I agree, unless we increase our squad size substantially (and with quality) soon, then I'd seriously consider playing the reserves/youngsters in the early rounds of the League Cup as well, I know it may not be a popular opinion but we just don't have the resources to play so many games. As you said, getting knocked out of the UEFA may have been one of the best things to happen to us this season and I wouldn't be devastated if we didn't qualify for next years as I think that will give us more chance of aiming for 4th, which I think is a realistic target should players stay fit and we add one or two more quality players in the Summer.

Jamie, I think it all depends on this weekend, if we beat Stoke and Villa don't beat Tottenham then I think we COULD realistically be above them in 3 games, it's a big ask but it's not impossible. Aston Villa aren't very good, they're a decent team but nothing special, they've fluked a lot of wins and now FINALLY their luck is running out. I just hope we don't get too focused on the cup.