IGNORED

Can We Pass Villa In The Next 3 Games?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's most likely all over now, we just have too many injuries. Yobo being injured could have made a bigger difference than people appreciated, he is our best header of the ball and may have been able to do something about Crouch. Arsenal are pulling away and I think if we lose any more ground we should just start resting players for the cup and start planning for next season, ie playing some youngsters who may be good enough. 4th was always a long shot but now it's starting to look a lost hope, especially when you take the performance into account. Jo, Fellaini and Saha in the same team is a recipe for disaster, we cannot play 442 effectively and with those 3 lacking any sort of pace whatsoever we have no chance causing many teams problems. We missed Cahill badly I thought.

I think it's most likely all over now, we just have too many injuries. Yobo being injured could have made a bigger difference than people appreciated, he is our best header of the ball and may have been able to do something about Crouch. Arsenal are pulling away and I think if we lose any more ground we should just start resting players for the cup and start planning for next season, ie playing some youngsters who may be good enough. 4th was always a long shot but now it's starting to look a lost hope, especially when you take the performance into account. Jo, Fellaini and Saha in the same team is a recipe for disaster, we cannot play 442 effectively and with those 3 lacking any sort of pace whatsoever we have no chance causing many teams problems. We missed Cahill badly I thought.

I think tactical decisions made us lose the game for a big part, moyes wanted to try with 2 strikers and fellaini in support, but he got lost there.

Fellaini in a more familiar defending role + cahill would have been a different game.

look at the bright side of things: -vaughan and that valente guy are coming back (never saw him play however), and hibbert won't be long either.

-Villa just got a big pounding

-If arsenal lose their games against the top3, we still have a small chance at 4the place :)

Guest efctaxi
Yes I believe so. The straight red card should be a three game suspension, meaning that our game with Villa will be one of the games he has to miss.

Damn . Villa have a player missing . We should storm this one then :lol::P

That's horse dung!!! why would they resinf it he stopped an obvious goal scoring chance. And for god sake why is no more action being taken against rooney. I get really frustrated with things like this.

maybe a faul, but never red imo

?m=02&d=20090323&t=2&i=9382922&w=450&r=2009-03-23T131016Z_02_GM1E53N06SN01_RTRRPP_0_SOCCER-ENGLAND

Never made an attempt to stop Torres, torres just ran in to him

I think Ronaldo deserved red aswell, He and rooney were acting like idiots

Man u lose 2 games, and they all go crazy..

Edited by Churinga

However, the American argued he went for a 50-50 ball and had nowhere else to go after Torres got to it first. The decision means Friedel will now be available for Villa's trip to Manchester United on Sunday 5 April.

I didn't see it so I can't make fair judgement. If he did what he said he did then it should be rescinded. A 50-50 ball should be challenged for and against someone like Fernando Torres there is every possibility that Brad could have been rounded. Should the ball have gone round him like it did then of course there would be a clash. Maybe that is a penalty but a red card seems harsh. From what I've heard it seems to be the right decision to let him play against Manchester United.

The game against Wigan is a massive one. If we lose there that leaves us just 4 points ahead of them. So as great it is to be positive about clinching a 4th or 5th place we also have to be wary and make sure we finish 6th at worst.

And on the topic of suspensions and whatnot, I can't believe Nolan only received a 3 match suspension for that horrendous challenge on Anichebe (I know it's old news but he Nolan made his comeback on the weekend). He basically jumps on his leg causing him to miss the rest of the season and he only gets a 3 match ban? What a disgrace.

And on the topic of suspensions and whatnot, I can't believe Nolan only received a 3 match suspension for that horrendous challenge on Anichebe (I know it's old news but he Nolan made his comeback on the weekend). He basically jumps on his leg causing him to miss the rest of the season and he only gets a 3 match ban? What a disgrace.

It is a bad decision regarding what Nolan did. He really could have ended Victor's career with that tackle and there was no intention to play the ball. Two feet were up in the air and were always directed at Anichebe's leg. It was a shocking tackle that could have had the same effect as it did on Eduardo. I do hope that Victor recovers quickly and that Kevin learns from what he's done. I just get the feeling that nobody will learn from this, a tackle as horrific as this gets the same punishment as Paul Scholes' handball at Fulham..

nolan-anichebe_1342241c.jpg

Image_1_for_Newcastle_United_vs_Everton_gallery_965339370.jpg