IGNORED

Jags

No footballer deserves £40000 per week, its just the crazy world we are in

Really i thought footballers came cheap :rolleyes: in comparison to other players its a justified amount to give a player in todays game who without this season we would be well and truly fucked to be honest.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Really i thought footballers came cheap :rolleyes: in comparison to other players its a justified amount to give a player in todays game who without this season we would be well and truly fucked to be honest.

Footballers are relatively cheap when you look at other sports.

Let me re phase, no sports star deserves £40000, if you look at the US sports this is fuck all. But when you consider how much a top soldier gets paid putting his life on the line for his country, not to mention what their family get if they never come back, it puts sports stars salaries to shame

Let me re phase, no sports star deserves £40000, if you look at the US sports this is fuck all. But when you consider how much a top soldier gets paid putting his life on the line for his country, not to mention what their family get if they never come back, it puts sports stars salaries to shame

No need to rephrase and go so in depth it was friendly sarcasm i think every person with half a brain understands the differences between the football world and the real world as in what you mentioned but that will never change i do thoroughly agree with your points mate but it's not part of this discussion, in terms of footballers and the money involved its a great deal and relatively cheap considering he is one of the best central defenders in Europe this season.

If this did not happen it would attract major attention from alot of big clubs here and abroad and we could have ended up losing one of this clubs biggest assets which essentially could cost us big money down the line.

Edited by EFC-Paul

I go along with 40.000 a week for Jags not being an excessive amount, especially when you compare the wages of the Top 4 which can be anything from 80 grand up to 100+ grand.

Having said that i dont go along with them being the Cheapest sports personalities, Dont forget that this is a weekly wage, so on that basis they earn £1 million pounds or more every ten games, nearly 5 million over the course of a season, And they dont have to win anything to get it.

I think possibly the only peeps who are paid more for NOT winning anything are formula one Drivers, and possibly the top american golfers (Tiger Woods etc ), I may be wrong. :)

I can understand where you are coming from, and I think that it is very high injustice about soldiers not earning higher wages for their services. However, with being a professional sports star, this requires you to be in training almost 12 months of the year for roughly a career that could span on average 15-20 years. At the end of this career, your body will most likely have suffered multiple injuries, which could ultimately affect the course of the rest of your life. So therefore, at your peak as a player, its ideal that players who are at the top of their game deserve decent paychecks, and in Phil's case, being a great role model for all people, its somewhat necessary that he receives a higher pay.

edit: But yes I do agree with you that it is injustice that soldiers earn very little for the risks they put themselves in, however I don't think it should mean sports stars should earn less because of that.

Edited by TC.

I go along with 40.000 a week for Jags not being an excessive amount, especially when you compare the wages of the Top 4 which can be anything from 80 grand up to 100+ grand.

Having said that i dont go along with them being the Cheapest sports personalities, Dont forget that this is a weekly wage, so on that basis they earn £1 million pounds or more every ten games, nearly 5 million over the course of a season, And they dont have to win anything to get it.

I think possibly the only peeps who are paid more for NOT winning anything are formula one Drivers, and possibly the top american golfers (Tiger Woods etc ), I may be wrong. :)

i didnt say they were the cheapest, Do you follow us sports, baseball, american football?

Anyone who thinks a sports 'person' deserves the sort of wages they recieve is bonkers in my opinion.

What happened to competitve loyal sports we used to see?

i'll leave it at that

I can understand where you are coming from, and I think that it is very high injustice about soldiers not earning higher wages for their services. However, with being a professional sports star, this requires you to be in training almost 12 months of the year for roughly a career that could span on average 15-20 years. At the end of this career, your body will most likely have suffered multiple injuries, which could ultimately affect the course of the rest of your life. So therefore, at your peak as a player, its ideal that players who are at the top of their game deserve decent paychecks, and in Phil's case, being a great role model for all people, its somewhat necessary that he receives a higher pay.

edit: But yes I do agree with you that it is injustice that soldiers earn very little for the risks they put themselves in, however I don't think it should mean sports stars should earn less because of that.

just to make a point, to get into the special services, only around 3% of the armed forces are considered 'fit' enough. they will only be allowed to serve while they are 'able'

if these guys get injured while performing their duty they are likely to be killed or maimed and unable to work again.

now take michael owen for example, £100000 at newcastle

that says it all

Nited24 ....Footballers are relatively cheap when you look at other sports.

---

I dont think you read my post properly, or was it that you contradicted yourself in subsequent posts. ??

Any footballer who can become a millionaire FIVE AND SIX times over for playing one season in the premier league, is not as you put it "Relatively Cheap". ;)

I also said that compared to what some other footballers are earning, Jags deserves his 40 grand

Nited24 ....Footballers are relatively cheap when you look at other sports.

---

I dont think you read my post properly, or was it that you contradicted yourself in subsequent posts. ??

Any footballer who can become a millionaire FIVE AND SIX times over for playing one season in the premier league, is not as you put it "Relatively Cheap". ;)

I also said that compared to what some other footballers are earning, Jags deserves his 40 grand

neither

i said footballers are relativly cheap when you compare the salaries to other sports, for example,

Kobe Bryant, Bsketball

O'neal, Basketball

Rossi, Moto GP

Rodriguez, Bseball

Tim Brady, American football

Carson Palmer, American football

not to mention Formula 1 drivers, top golfers,

if you follow these sports youll know where im coming from,

no sport justifies the money that players recieve

neither

i said footballers are relativly cheap when you compare the salaries to other sports, for example,

Kobe Bryant, Bsketball

O'neal, Basketball

Rossi, Moto GP

Rodriguez, Bseball

Tim Brady, American football

Carson Palmer, American football

not to mention Formula 1 drivers, top golfers,

if you follow these sports youll know where im coming from,

no sport justifies the money that players recieve

just to give you all an example>

frank lampard £150000 per week or £7.8million per year

alex rodriguez $21000000 per year since 2001, currently earning $28000000 per year, and is contracted with the new york yankees untill he 41 (2017)

just to give you all an example>

frank lampard £150000 per week or £7.8million per year

alex rodriguez $21000000 per year since 2001, currently earning $28000000 per year, and is contracted with the new york yankees untill he 41 (2017)

Don't really give a shit, we are talking about Jags in this thread.

I suggest you start a new thread in the other general section.

Guest efctaxi

Charge fans £1 for every game , and have a huge stadium to put them all in , and let them earn what they want .

As long as teams charge current gate rates , and mostly working class fans have to find the money + expenses from somewhere , then as far as wages are concerned , they can all go and fook themselves .