IGNORED

Semi Final, If Not Wembley, Where?

I go along with Moysie and believe that the semi final should not be played at Wembley. But where should they get played? I think they could have tossed a coin between Anfield and Eastlands, with both clubs getting equal number of tickets, even splitting Old Trafford tickets evenly may have been an option. Villa Park is another feasible choice and is St James Park or Stadium of Light any closer than Wembley, just a though, so where would you want the semi final held?

Guest efctaxi

Old Trafford would be a good venue for Northern affairs , as would any of the Mancs grounds .

Villa park is still a good drive for Everton and Utd fans . In either case , the ticket allocation should be for supporters . Stuff the allocation to VIP's etc .

Old Trafford would be a good venue for Northern affairs , as would any of the Mancs grounds .

Villa park is still a good drive for Everton and Utd fans . In either case , the ticket allocation should be for supporters . Stuff the allocation to VIP's etc .

15minutes for me! Definately villa park - nevermind day trip to wembley will be fun! (x2)

Guest efctaxi
Should be Cardiff.

It was good enough for the final for a few seasons, should be kept for both of the semis.

With respect to the Welsh , why on earth should the English Football Association host anything in Wales ?

It's another Country for Pete's sake . English footy should stay in England .

With respect to the Welsh , why on earth should the English Football Association host anything in Wales ?

Cardiff City & Swansea City is why. Wrexham & Newport County are 2 other reasons.

While Welsh teams are playing in the English leagues I see no reason why we shouldnt utilize The Millennium stadium in Cardiff.

Cardiff City & Swansea City is why. Wrexham & Newport County are 2 other reasons.

While Welsh teams are playing in the English leagues I see no reason why we shouldnt utilize The Millennium stadium in Cardiff.

Those teams would have no bearing on this mate, If it was to be held anywhere else it should be held at city of manchester stadium.

Edited by EFC-Paul

if your gunna travel to st james you might as well go to london. can get their much easier, and more of us could go.

cardiff is a good shout though

why should all the big events be played in london, two northern clubs, so our game should be somewhere in north.

i live in the north east, so st james would suit me down to the ground :D

It used to be a privilege to play at Wembley nowadays the cats cousin can get to play there if they pay enough. We have traveled south for semi finals many times, it is part of the additional cost of being from the north. I agree with the gaffer, no semi should be played at Wembley, if the FA utilised its funds properly they should be able to ensure sufficient stadia are available for these games.

In years gone by the Emirates, Hillsborough, Villa Park, Old Trafford, Anfield, Maine Road St James and of course Goodison Park would have been considered. I'd like to know why the FA aren't held to account for not promoting green issues as the travel costs down south do have an environmental consequence as well additional fans cost in these hard up times.

It may not be politically correct but Hillsborough could still have been considered, especially if that ground had been properly updated and yes I lost a friend there but life goes on :)

No offence mate but Fuck Off.

Excuse me but english footy? How many english players are left in england? The prem is full of players from all over the world and the millenium stadium is a great venue. Plus as already mentioned Cardiff and Swansea are 2 great Welsh teams, not to mention the host of welsh players through the prem.

Guest efctaxi

Excuse me but english footy? How many english players are left in england? The prem is full of players from all over the world and the millenium stadium is a great venue. Plus as already mentioned Cardiff and Swansea are 2 great Welsh teams, not to mention the host of welsh players through the prem.

Oh to be 21 again :lol:

It is an English cup simple as that to be honest i don't see your point about English football? the amount of players here has fuck all to do with a English cup that is over 100 years old?

The Football Association Challenge Cup, commonly known as the FA Cup, is a knockout cup competition in English football, run by and named after The Football Association. The name "FA Cup" usually refers to the English men's tournament, although a women's tournament is also held.

No offense to anyone but the Welsh teams mentioned have nothing to do with this other then the fact they can play in it they hold no bearing in the slightest to where games should be played. The Millenium stadium is a great venue but is still around 200 miles away so really if you take into account what Jimmy says in terms of cost of travel etc it would be far better to host it closer to home

Edited by EFC-Paul

why should all the big events be played in london, two northern clubs, so our game should be somewhere in north.

i live in the north east, so st james would suit me down to the ground :D

i didnt say it should be in london, but london is better suited than st james.have you tried getting to newcastle from liverpool? i did it with ten lads, not the easiest place. its not like they ahve on of them big roads, whats it called, motorway! or a direct train line i dont think?

london is accessible from everywhere, as is birmingham, manchester and liverpool

i didnt say it should be in london, but london is better suited than st james.have you tried getting to newcastle from liverpool? i did it with ten lads, not the easiest place. its not like they ahve on of them big roads, whats it called, motorway! or a direct train line i dont think?

london is accessible from everywhere, as is birmingham, manchester and liverpool

Abit of a pain to get to Newcastle by train from Liverpool you can't get a direct service you have to go to York then on to Newcastle on the Eastcoast line or to Man Picc then to York and so on at £69 per person being the cheapest ticket its not the best choice, abit of useless info for you there :P

Edited by EFC-Paul