IGNORED

Moyes Sounds Out The Board

StevO

Summer is fast approaching, Moyes is sounding out the board to back him again.

all over the press is Moyes saying we need money to get just into the top ten next year.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11671_5080601,00.html

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/...00252-23198346/

what does everyone think? can the board find the money? do we actually need more players, or should moyes be able top do it with what he has?

I think if we could get Madame Pomfrey out of Harry Potter in as Baz's assistant in the medical room we can finish fifth at worst next year, probably higher :P .

I the real world DM needs money just to stay still :) . Relatively few clubs will be spending huge amounts I think because of the financial climate but City, Villa and Spurs at the very least will all be challenging us.

We need more quality bodies and they don't come cheap, hopefully Davey'll pick up another gem or two from the Championship.

I think like us he been disappointed by the slow movements we've made in previous seasons, and leaving it till last minute. He's probably just giving them a little nudge saying now's the time to start getting the ball rolling. We should have the cash ready to go as soon as the window opens, get the players we need in and ensure we have a good pre-season with any new comers getting time to settle in before the start of the season.

I'll believe it when I see it though, with our lack of cash and slow moving board, I can see it turning out as it has done in recent seasons, where we get linked to this, that and the other, everyone's checking the 'Rumorama' board every five minutes for latest developments, and we end up signing someone for way over the odds 10 minutes before closing time.

God please don't let it be like that again....

I think like us he been disappointed by the slow movements we've made in previous seasons, and leaving it till last minute. He's probably just giving them a little nudge saying now's the time to start getting the ball rolling. We should have the cash ready to go as soon as the window opens, get the players we need in and ensure we have a good pre-season with any new comers getting time to settle in before the start of the season.

He's not wanting to have a summer like the last. We really could have done better in that window and he knows it. The board need to start giving backing early so that the transfers can come in. Moyes has shown that he uses money wisely so there should be no delay in the proceedings. BK does have the backing to support Moyes this summer we just need to act fast. For all we know Moutinhio could be weighing up his options.

Is he sounding them out before deciding whether to take the United job or not ? :)

Don't think so. If he was offered the United job he would take it, he dosen't need to weigh up all the options. I think replacing Sir Alex at the helm of Old Trafford is any managers dream.

Edited by dark

He's not wanting to have a summer like the last. We really could have done better in that window and he knows it. The board need to start giving backing early so that the transfers can come in. Moyes has shown that he uses money wisely so there should be no delay in the proceedings. BK does have the backing to support Moyes this summer we just need to act fast. For all we know Moutinhio could be weighing up his options.

how do you know BK does have the backing to support moyes? he never last year, he never three months ago. whats changed?

i think we need to forget last summer. Davie has to shoulder some blame with not signing the new contract before the start of the season, so attracting players and getting the board to pay out was always going to be an up hill struggle.

I really think (blue tinted glasses) we will make one or two serious signings this summer which will keep us up there and help with the strenght in debth. we aint after a huge number of players really, just some wide men with pace and possibly a right back. Then its all up to keep the Yak (who should be like a new signing) or sign someone else

i think we need to forget last summer. Davie has to shoulder some blame with not signing the new contract before the start of the season, so attracting players and getting the board to pay out was always going to be an up hill struggle.

maybe the board not backing him was one of the reasons he didnt sign so soon

cant see us having more than £10mil if that to spend.

Free transfers its going to have to be, some big/decent players up for grabs, one being michael owen, obvs wages is the problem there. Sean Davies is another player who i can think of

Edited by aaron

Guest efctaxi

We can't really say the board didn't back him last time round .

We actually broke the transfer record for 1 player , so they did cough up a little .

We can't really say the board didn't back him last time round .

We actually broke the transfer record for 1 player , so they did cough up a little .

They coughed up £4million and painted it to be better than it really was. The last few months of the season Moyes said he wanted to do our business early but we were well into the summer and Moyes didn't even know his budget! That shows me that he wasn't backed by the board.

maybe the board not backing him was one of the reasons he didnt sign so soon

Maybe Davey not signing was one of the reasons he wasn't backed?

After all you wouldn't want a manager (like Redknapp for example) to spend mega bucks with a club and then ponce off somewhere else, especially if some of these big name players follow you there. Moyes has a lot of respect from the players as a manager, I'm sure if he did leave the Toffees for any reason he could take players with him. Since he was going after a massive £20mil transfer for Moutinho as well, it would be dangerous for the club to sign him on the pretext Moyes would stay, only to find that he left and now you need a manager who can handle your team, which some managers (Adams, Keane, Ince) aren't capable of doing.

I think considering we have £1.2 billion in the kitty we should be able to pool some of our rescources and if Moyes gets us Europe (or at a long shot Champs League) and gets us to the final of the F.A. Cup I'm sure this time around the board will respond with some kind of monetary backing to help us push forward into higher plains.

I certainly hope that's the case, since we will be losing some depth to the squad in the summer: Van Der Meyde, Valente, Castillo, Jo, maybe Jacobsen and quite possibly Anichebe.

So really we could be down 2 midfielders, 2 defenders and 2 strikers. And that's before we add to the squad. Whether the board likes it or not, we need players in the summer if we're going to survive in the top flight. I don't think anyone would have thought at the start of this season that Blackburn, Portsmouth, Newcastle or Middlesborough would be candidates for the drop, who's to say we won't be there next year?

Without backing we very well could be, and I think (and hope) that the board has already figured that out.

Thats a great post Reg. I do agree on everything that you said, before the start of the season I would have expected the teams like Tottenham & Newcastle to push into the European places and look what happened, Newcastle are now looking like relegated material and for a while Tottenham were bottom of the league. We do need to start adding to the team if we want to remain of some domenance in the Premiership. Players like Castillo and Jo are going to leave at the end of the season and regardless of how shite they are we need to have them replaced.

Last summer was a frustration but Moyes didn't give the board any backing, without having a solid contract I guess they were never going to go and hand him millions. If he did a Redknapp we would be sat here with red faces sitting at the bottom of relegation.

i second that

I guess I third that? ;)

I think considering we have £1.2 billion in the kitty we should be able to pool some of our rescources and if Moyes gets us Europe (or at a long shot Champs League) and gets us to the final of the F.A. Cup I'm sure this time around the board will respond with some kind of monetary backing to help us push forward into higher plains.

did i miss something? when did we suddenly get 1.2billion?

According FourTwoFour's rich list...

8. Lord Grantchester & The Moores Family (Everton)

£1.2 billion

Completely meaningless though, we've no access to it :) .

I am completly unfamiliar with all the money and bussiness in football.

hence my question: can't DM give those guys a ring? :)

Seriously though, why is it that a relatively rich owner doesn't effect our financial situation in a positive way?

Edited by Churinga

According FourTwoFour's rich list...

8. Lord Grantchester & The Moores Family (Everton)

£1.2 billion

Completely meaningless though, we've no access to it :) .

thats cleared that up, know im back to being sure we have no money.

thanks mike