IGNORED

Brian Labone

I cant believe it I really cant.

Everton Football Club and the people of Liverpool have lost a true legend and gentleman. Labone was someone who you always associated with the club, I remember when I was little he used to stand outside the main entrance and chat to fans and my Dad would just shout 'alright Brian' and he'd always wave. Unfortunately Im too young to have seen him as a player but I know he was a great servant to the club, a real gem and its very rare that someone like him comes along.

I really hope this gives Everton something to play for because no one deserves it more than Brian Labone, he gave his life to Everton and always for love never money. Us Evertonains have not just lost a former player but one of us a true fan.

My thoughts are with his family and may he rest in peace.

Thank you for the memories that will live with us...

Thank you for the deidcation to Everton FC......

Thank you for the standard you made...

Thank you for being an Evertonian....

Thank you for making the next generation follow your steps....

You will be sadly missed

RIP and may god bless you..ameen

was also too young to see him play, but from what ive heard and from old videos/dvds ive seen he was a true eveton legend who will never be forgotten and he was somone who gave 110% to everything he did. depsite me being a young un, im truly gutted by this. my dad is devastated, he was his hero. in fact, he still is! brian was Everton and Everton was him. Brian, you will be greatly missed by all of us evertonians

RIP mate

It's a very sad day indeed. I first met Brian Labone at Chester Races when I was a young boy and I asked him and a few other players if I could have their autograph. Of course he obliged - this was typical of the man. He always had time for anyone who loved Everton.

Then a few years later I had the privilege of caddying for him at Wallasey Golf Club when he was in a pro-am tournament. As I recall this was a couple of years after he retired from football but he was still a great hero of mine and I felt so lucky to be in his company.

Just under 20 years passed and I got a job as Branch Manager of Manulife Financial in Pall Mall, just down the road from the Pig and Whistle pub. Brian Labone was working at Manulife as a financial adviser and I was always amazed just how many times he was asked to attend fund-raising evenings. He would always do his best to accept these invitations because he loved Everton and he loved the company of people.

Brian was such a warm-hearted and approachable man. He was a giant of an Evertonian and a giant of a human being. I am indeed fortunate to be able to say that I knew him.

God bless, Brian - yours was a life that brought happiness to so many others and Evertonians all over the world will be raising a glass to so many good memories on this sad day.

If you did not already know this, Mr Labone is on record (indeed on my video tape) as saying

"Don't forget lads, 1 Evertonian is worth 20 Liverpudlians".

Brian Labone will always remain one of a small handful of players that can be called an Everton legend.

Dean, Sager, Young, Ball, Kendall, Harvey, Labone, Ratcliffe and Southall - one or two others but not many.

Rest in Peace Brian.

I am proud to say that I watched Everton throughout most of Brian's career - in fact the first time I saw him would be when my older brother was in goal for the Liverpool Collegiate and Labone was also in the team. Make no mistake, this was a really great player, not only because of his powerful domination of the Everton defence alongside the likes of Brian Harris and John Hurst, but because he did things the right way. No dirty play, no tantrums, no diving, no cheating no disappearing to the highest bidder - blue through and through. He should have played for England in the World Cup final as he was a far better player than Jackie Charlton. But he took us to two Championships and an FA Cup triumph which puts him right at the top in terms of great Evertonians.