IGNORED

Hallam Hope

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Just signed a new 2 year deal to keep him here until summer 2015. I think that means he'll be 21 when that deal expires, which must mean we rate him somewhat. Hopefully he can break through... We need a solid #9 for the future. Especially now that it appears Martinez doesn't really rate Vellios, and McAleny seems to be liked by Martinez, but whose development will be delayed EVEN further.

Edited by Quinn31

• 3 months later...

Fair enough. He's only 19 as well, so we'll see. At the very least, it's nice to see some youngsters getting a loan earlier in their careers.

I'm not sure we were even planning on loaning him out, i.e. I don't think we went looking for a club for him. Northampton are struggling so I'd wager that they came to us asking if we had any players we'd be willing to loan them.

Agreed on your latter point. There's no substitute for proper competitive football, no matter which league it is.Often our youngsters are released without us even knowing much about them, at least this way we can get a better idea of their ability.

It's be good if we could unearth a quality striker from within. It'd save us a hell of a lot of money!

I thought it would be Tolis, although he cost us 250k (nothing really, to be honest), and a lot of people have hyped Conor McAleny even though he's had next to no first team football, but we'll see... Who knows, maybe Hope will have a really good spell at Northampton and we can arrange a loan with a Championship or League 1 side next season.

I thought it would be Tolis, although he cost us 250k (nothing really, to be honest), and a lot of people have hyped Conor McAleny even though he's had next to no first team football, but we'll see... Who knows, maybe Hope will have a really good spell at Northampton and we can arrange a loan with a Championship or League 1 side next season.

Mcaleny would be our next contender but for his leg break.

Mcaleny would be our next contender but for his leg break.

I was disappointed by that. I follow him on Twitter, and apparently he's almost ready to return to football, so maybe he'll be able to get training again and get some reserve team action in, or maybe even a loan late in the Football League loan window (ends in late February or early March I believe).

Never really saw anything special in McAleny from the little I've seen of Him, when He came on against Norwich he didn''t look anything other then very lightweight and weak.

Always considered Vellios to have much more about Him then any of the other young forwards we have and He's also proved he's upto the task when given the chance from the bit part appearances he's made shame his attitude seems to be suspect...

Never really saw anything special in McAleny from the little I've seen of Him, when He came on against Norwich he didn''t look anything other then very lightweight and weak.

Always considered Vellios to have much more about Him then any of the other young forwards we have and He's also proved he's upto the task when given the chance from the bit part appearances he's made shame his attitude seems to be suspect...

I think Vellios has sealed his fate, not going to happen here. I liked McAleny when he came on against Arsenal, looked very quick and active, had a good shot on target if I recall correctly. But probably not going to be strong enough to play in a one up top system (if he's even going to be good enough for the PL).

I think Vellios has sealed his fate, not going to happen here. I liked McAleny when he came on against Arsenal, looked very quick and active, had a good shot on target if I recall correctly. But probably not going to be strong enough to play in a one up top system (if he's even going to be good enough for the PL).

I agree shame really as I was really looking forward to seeing him come into the side more often and when Martinez took over I thought that would be the case...

Not convinced McAleny will make any impact in the future regardless of injuries from what I've seen He just didn't look much of a player tbh even more so much of a striker could be completely off the mark but just got that feeling from what I've seen .

Edited by EFC-Paul