IGNORED

Alex Ferguson

I don't want Moyes to leave Everton, and I'm pretty sure that the man that does take the Man Utd job will struggle.So I wouldn't be too sure that Moyes would go.

BUT!.....If he did go!There's always the possibility that the next man through that door could be even better than Moyes.

Ferguson will be there next season!......so let's just worry about Wigan for now!

Guest efctaxi

I said a long time ago ( even on this forum ) that Moyes might be the next Utd manager .

Again , I have to reiterate that I would be absolutely delighted for him , but gutted for myself . :(

He really can't turn down the Utd job if it comes up .

It would be like a politician turning down the opportunity to be the next prime minister or president , or a drummer turning down the job of playing with the beatles .

It's possibly the crown in football management ; certainly in this country , and possibly world wide .

If he is going to go anywhere , I would dearly love it to be the top , and I actually quite like United , and most of them actually quite like us .

The biggest problem we have is who do we get in to replace him ?

Sven ? Billic ? Probably not much chance of Mourinho .

Moyes has something special , and it's hard to replace it , but he also has some negatives too , which I'm sure he'll iron out over time .

Are we an attractive proposition for managers ? :unsure:

No money ?

No modern facilities ?

No silverware in recent years ?

This is going to have a detrimental effect on our players too .

Will they still play for us if Moyes goes ?

Will their heads go down if they know he will soon leave ?

Will new players want to come , knowing that young players get a chance under Moyes ?

We are on very dodgy ground at the moment , and I think we need to brace ourselves for what ever might happen .

One thing is for sure though . If United have a great season , it will probably be Fergies moment .

Guest efctaxi
I don't want Moyes to leave Everton, and I'm pretty sure that the man that does take the Man Utd job will struggle.So I wouldn't be too sure that Moyes would go.

BUT!.....If he did go!There's always the possibility that the next man through that door could be even better than Moyes.

Ferguson will be there next season!......so let's just worry about Wigan for now!

I forgot to mention :

Moyes and Ferguson have a wonderful relationship together .

If Fergie does resign , he will surely stay on in a directorate capacity , and no doubt keep Moyes under his wing , advising him , teaching him , and turning him into a very successful manager , and I also think that Moyes would welcome that .

I really don't think he will struggle .

Somebody else - possibly , but not one that Fergie thinks so highly of .

1 thing springs to mind when I see this - Wayne Rooney

Recently he stated he would like to finish his career at United, adding to this he's only 23, and we all know how he feels towards Moyes. If Moyes was to go to United, I think that Rooney would want out immeadiately, which wouldnt please anybody involved with the club, so therefore I can't see Moyes being the next United manager as long as Rooney is there.

Guest efctaxi

I thought about that myself , but no player is bigger than the club , especially when the club just happens to be United .

If it was an issue , the board would decide which was their priority , and besides , both are professionals and Wayne is a little older now , so things might have settled down a touch . I also doubt he would want to leave United , despite the bust up with Moyes .

It will all come out in the wash , so lets hope for Evertons sake that it is simply speculation , and Moyes stays put .

If anything , it might put the fear of God into the Everton board to find some money :lol:

1 thing springs to mind when I see this - Wayne Rooney

Recently he stated he would like to finish his career at United, adding to this he's only 23, and we all know how he feels towards Moyes. If Moyes was to go to United, I think that Rooney would want out immeadiately, which wouldnt please anybody involved with the club, so therefore I can't see Moyes being the next United manager as long as Rooney is there.

I've said the same thing in other threads. Whilst no man is bigger than the club the United board would not want to import disharmony to their dressing room, other players would expect the club to show some support to Rooney if they didn't that decision would ruin moral at OT which is the last thing they'd want!

Irvine would be interesting. I think that, on that same level, Owen Coyle would be a good choice as well. It's tricky though, we would fall apart without Moyes. He was given time to imprint his vision on the club at a time that the fan's hopes for the club where very low. Moyes has raised the views and hopes of the club and whoever takes over when Moyes leaves will have huge shoes to fill, and unfortunaltely I can't help but feel that they will fail. I have already consigned myself to that view.

When Moyes does eventually leave i would like to see Slaven Bilić take the job he is a good manager and with being a previous player he will have some understanding of what our club is all about.

I do not think this is Fergusons last season with United he may stay on for the next two or three years for all we know if we go by speculation he should have retired years ago so i would not listen to the hearsay to much.

I always had a thought he would go to manage Celtic if he left Everton if he did take the United job it could be a huge mistake as i dont think many would like to fill Fergusons shoe's , either way when we do lose Moyes and if he continues to help the club progress to that point then which ever club he may go onto i would wish the man luck but i think that time is a few years off yet.

Edited by EFC-Paul