How Do Our Players Compare?

c1982

I'm going off this line-up for us:

Howard

Hibbert...Jagielka...Lescott...Baines

Osman...Neville...Arteta...Pienaar

Cahill

Yakubu

Possibly our 'strongest' line-up? I'm going off 1 player for each position from the other prem teams. This is how good I think our players are...

Goalkeeper

1. Cech

2. Given

3. Reina

4. Van der Saar

5. Friedel

6. Jaskalienen

7. Howard

Right Back

1. Bosingwa

2. Sagna

3. Arbeloa

4. Rafael

5. Richards

6. Corluka

7. Steinsson

8. Hibbert

Left Back

1. Evra

2. Cole

3. Clichy

4. Aurellio

5. Bridge

6. Baines

Centre Back

1. Terry

2. Vidic

3. Carragher

4. Jagielka

Centre Back

1. Carvaleho

2. Ferdinand

3. Laursen

4. King

5. Upson

6. Lescott

Right Midfield

1. Ronaldo

2. Walcott

3. Valencia

4. Lennon

5. Malouda

6. Kuyt

7. Milner

8. Gutierez

9. Morrison

10. Osman

Left Midfield

1. Cole

2. Young

3. Nasari

4. Giggs

5. Petrov

6. Downing

7. Pienaar

Def Midfield

1. Essien

2. Hargreaves

3. Mascharano

4. Barry

5. De Jong

6. Palacios

7. Parker

8. Cattermole

9. Neville

Centre Midfield

1. Fabregas

2. Lampard

3. Carrick

4. Alonso

5. Arteta

2nd Striker

1. Gerrard

2. Rooney

3. Van Persie

4. Anelka

5. Robinho

6. Keane

7. Cahill

Striker

1. Torres

2. Berbatov

3. Adebayor

4. Drogba

5. Yakubu

Manager

1. Sir Alex Ferguson

2. Sir David Moyes

I'm sure I've missed out loads of players and I expect most to disagree with order - but I think it highlights areas for improvement and prem players we could get. For me players like steinsson, gutierez, downing, cattermole/ parker would be good (realistic - ish) signings - unless moysie can find some more arteta, cahill, lescott, jagielka gems!!!

Edited by c1982

dont agree with laursen and upson ahead of lescott nor ashley young that high dont rate him much meself hes quick and thats about it goes missing alot of time with the rest of the forwards like recently! most of others id agree with and yeah some realistic signings that would do no worse than improve competition and shouldnt cost all that much

Disagree with Laursen, Upson and King ahead of Lescott to be honest.

Think Pienaar should probably be a bit further up the list too. Ashley Young is overrated in my eyes, and Downing is average at best. Both quick but thats about it.

One or two others aswell I reckon that could be further up.

We do definitely need a genuine wide man in my opinion, but not just a gas man with no final product.

The average rating of our team is 6.7, according to this guy.

Pretty crap really. <_<

6.7 - that's pretty much bang on then considering we are 6th in the league! Man.ure and chelski would be like 1.5 if you worked them out i'd imagine.

I missed out SWP and Reira that would push ossie and pienaar down further!

With the lescott better than upson and king comments, you've got to ask who would capello pick 1st? He probably knows more than most of us...

Way off the mark if its based on this season a good few of those players have been very poor and some have only played a handful of games.

It's obviously not based on form or this season, it's more based on next season to be honest - what we need. For example, let's say our target is 4th next season. Hypethetically if we had the 4th best players in every position we'd finish 4th. The way I see it the 4th best line-up would be...

Van Der Saar

Rafael...Jagielka...King...Aurellio

Lennon...Alonso...Barry...Giggs

Anelka...Drogba

That is some team! So we've got some way to go players wise if we do want to be a top 4 team!

This of course doesn't bring into account manager/ team spirit etc... plus the fact some teams have got more than 1 player in each position that are better than we've got, but I thought it'd be interesting anyway.

Before anyone says it, I'm not suggesting we're going to sign any of these players!!!

It's obviously not based on form or this season, it's more based on next season to be honest - what we need. For example, let's say our target is 4th next season. Hypethetically if we had the 4th best players in every position we'd finish 4th. The way I see it the 4th best line-up would be...

Van Der Saar

Rafael...Jagielka...King...Aurellio

Lennon...Alonso...Barry...Giggs

Anelka...Drogba

That is some team! So we've got some way to go players wise if we do want to be a top 4 team!

This of course doesn't bring into account manager/ team spirit etc... plus the fact some teams have got more than 1 player in each position that are better than we've got, but I thought it'd be interesting anyway.

Before anyone says it, I'm not suggesting we're going to sign any of these players!!!

Ah i thought it was based on this season :lol:

If we could bring in a good right back and good right winger we would be a much better team we lack any creativity down the right and have very little pace. If we could start next season with a fully fit squad and add two good players to what we already have we would be a much bigger threat.

The players i've included are just examples of players i think we could sign and would not cost a massive amount of money.

-----------------------Howard

J.Hoyte-------Jagielka------Lescott--------Baines

-----------------------Fellaini

Kranjcar--------------Arteta---------------Pienaar

---------------Cahill

--------------------------------Yakubu

-----------------------Howard

J.Hoyte-------Jagielka------Lescott--------Baines

Fernandes-----Kranjcar ---Arteta---------Pienaar

---------------Cahill

--------------------------------Yakubu

I think Justin Hoyte would fit well as he's English and seems the type of player Moyes could work well with and Boro are looking more likely each week to drop also Portsmouth are still down there with a chance of going and Kranjcar is the type of player we need to add creativity and could also fill the void left by Arteta if he becomes injured or even go back in for Manny since Valencia are up shit creak.

All depends on what we can spend in the summer if anything i just hope we get a decent kity because we will be fucked if we dont as City will obviously spend big as can Villa even Wigan and WestHam could overtake us if they spend a decent amount of money.