IGNORED

Moyes And Man City

We've had many threads on here concerning the future of David Moyes, most concern speculation about him signing for United.

Having watched Citeh's match against Fulham Sparky dropped Robinho and yet his team managed to lose at home 3 - 1. The Arab owners of Citeh cannot be happy with this situation, Sparky's future must be in great doubt from here on in. We signed Jo on loan but we have not the cash to complete a full time deal although the player is scoring goals for us which he never did for Citeh. Surely the Arabs must realise that Moyes is a substantially better manager than Hughes, he is in line for manager of the year again, IMO they could well come and offer him all sorts of inducements to move to Newlands where he will have more money than any other prem manager to play round with..........................................what do you think and would he go? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Jimmy the blue

We've had many threads on here concerning the future of David Moyes, most concern speculation about him signing for United.

Having watched Citeh's match against Fulham Sparky dropped Robinho and yet his team managed to lose at home 3 - 1. The Arab owners of Citeh cannot be happy with this situation, Sparky's future must be in great doubt from here on in. We signed Jo on loan but we have not the cash to complete a full time deal although the player is scoring goals for us which he never did for Citeh. Surely the Arabs must realise that Moyes is a substantially better manager than Hughes, he is in line for manager of the year again, IMO they could well come and offer him all sorts of inducements to move to Newlands where he will have more money than any other prem manager to play round with..........................................what do you think and would he go? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I don't think he would Jimmy. Moyes has gained a huge reputation of building a team that can maintain a top six position with minimal funding but it's a completely different ask for him to spend millions to win the Premiership. Not saying Moyes couldn't do it but it's a completely different challenge.

I think he really wants to win something with everton and will be here until he does (I hope so) and as far as the City owners go, I think they want someone with european experience.

I don't think he would Jimmy. Moyes has gained a huge reputation of building a team that can maintain a top six position with minimal funding but it's a completely different ask for him to spend millions to win the Premiership. Not saying Moyes couldn't do it but it's a completely different challenge.

I think he really wants to win something with everton and will be here until he does (I hope so) and as far as the City owners go, I think they want someone with european experience.

I'm a Manchester City fan, so thought you might be interested in my opinion. No disrespect to Moyes, or what he's done at everton, but he's not the man to bring our club forward, and i don't think 90% of the city fans would want him. He's done a great job at Everton, but he's not the man to attract big names to our club. I think if we do replace Hughes in the summer, it will be with a big name, mourinho, rijkaard etc.

As for Jo, i saw today in an interview before the game he said, his style of football suits him being in a free role, which he never got at city, but it getting at everton. With Robinho and Ireland in our team, we can't afford anymore players to be playing in a free role position, and need someone to play out and out striker, which obviously doesn't suit him. He'sa young player and can only get better, but whether its with city or not, i don't know. Another thing going against him at city is that he wasn't a Hughes signing. It was already a done deal when eriksson was there, so couldn't really go back on it.

Guest efctaxi
I'm a Manchester City fan, so thought you might be interested in my opinion. No disrespect to Moyes, or what he's done at everton, but he's not the man to bring our club forward, and i don't think 90% of the city fans would want him. He's done a great job at Everton, but he's not the man to attract big names to our club. I think if we do replace Hughes in the summer, it will be with a big name, mourinho, rijkaard etc.

As for Jo, i saw today in an interview before the game he said, his style of football suits him being in a free role, which he never got at city, but it getting at everton. With Robinho and Ireland in our team, we can't afford anymore players to be playing in a free role position, and need someone to play out and out striker, which obviously doesn't suit him. He'sa young player and can only get better, but whether its with city or not, i don't know. Another thing going against him at city is that he wasn't a Hughes signing. It was already a done deal when eriksson was there, so couldn't really go back on it.

If I'm wrong , I'll appologise , but I'm 99% sure you edited your other post from being a Spurs fan , to now being a City fan :huh:

I'm a little confused at your identity crisis .

Problem for Moyes is the uncertainty of whether he could cut it with oodles of cash. Sounds good in theory but Moyes' managerial career has been built on having next to no cash for transfers. When transfers are essentially handed to him on a plate would he still be a good manager or crash and burn like Hughes is right now..?

Which overseas manager would they go for, Moyes would have to be a candidate with his track record and, as seems likely about to be named Manager of the Year yet again, those awards are looked on as qualifications. It would also be a spur for them to try and tempt him because of Uniteds claimed interest in Moyes as SAF successor.......................I really believe that there is a great danger of him moving to Newlands and nothing in this thread so far has helped ease my concerns, money is a great persuader as is the sudden ability to be able to buy anyone you wanted