IGNORED

Where Were You Last Time?

MikeO

April 9th 1995 I had to work, was one of two on duty at an addiction counselling drop-in center.

Luckily we had a TV there so I was able to watch :) . Hopefully no-one died in a skip as a result of missing out on my services that afternoon :unsure: .

It was a great day and we were underdogs that time as well.

I heard the goal in the final on the radio driving round a roundabout in Bristol, but that's another story :lol: .

I remember that i watched that match on home at tv. But actually about the match i cant remember anything else what ive seen later on highlights or etc. I were so emotional top at the game, thats why i remember only somekind of weird mist :D , prolly feelings gonna be close on next sunday :P

Me dad took us on a road trip.

Stopped off at a shop on the front of Colwyn Bay, went with me mum n sis to get a drink and next thing I hear me dad screaming and he jumped out the car shouting we were going wembley.

Excellent drive home that day. Me and me sis sat in back of car writing signs about the Blues and getting cars to beep if they were blue.

Guest efctaxi

What happened on April 9th 1995 ?

Wasn't the final on May 20th ?

I presume you mean the semis ? Wasn't it against Spurs ?

Can't remember where I was to be honest , but I certainly wasn't at Elland rd .

for the semis i was at my grandads who hates football. He said if everton win he would eat his hat...i brought it in after with salad on the side.

safe to say he wasnt ammused

For the final i was on the sofa about 6 in the morning watching TV. im sure the coverage started really early (build up at team hotels etc) and i remember watcing that and then the game and then having a few drinks with my dad to celebrate after (i was only 13 at the time!)

For the 1995 final I was in Australia and went to a Man Utd supporters club do to watch the game with mate who was an Arsenal fan. I was the only blue there of about 150 (plus a scattering of the odd neutral who were blues for the night). I'm quite surprised I survived the night unscathed. Great night though, a few ales, kick off at midnight, and the odd song here and there to wind up the mancs.

They really thought all they had to do was just show up and it was their trophy that day. Nev was on fire if memory serves, Limpar had a good game too. Oh happy days. :)

For the semi I was in a pub in warwick (though to young to drink at the time) with my dad, my mum and sister where visting the local castle. Me and my dad where having none of the history stuff, after all there was history to be made that day! Was brilliant. Needless to say we had a much better day than my mum and sister.

Edited by jamiemaher85

What happened on April 9th 1995 ?

I presume you mean the semis ? Wasn't it against Spurs ?

That's what I was talking about...hence..

I heard the goal in the final on the radio driving round a roundabout in Bristol, but that's another story :lol: .

Pay attention people :rolleyes:

i was too young at the time but i do remember my dad getting up for it (i have no idea why i remember that but i do)

I wont be watching the semi with him as ill be at my mums but monday is start of 2nd term of school adn well if everton win on monday mornig

im not gonna look to crash hot at school the next morning :D

COYB

Was in a club in Bognor Regis where I lived at the time, surrounded by shedloads of Yids!

Was full of confidence before the game and won several pints on the back of it :D

The only goal we conceded in the cup that year, courtesy of a dive by the king of divers - Klinsman!

For the semi at Elland Road, i was right behing the left hand goal as you look on the tv, about 8 rows back. Mini bus broke down just before Hartshead services so we all had to hitch, in twos, the last few miles. Managed to get in a van full of out of town blues who offered lots of grog to me and my nephew. Had to scrounge a lift off a normal merseytravel bus which had been rented out for the day by some Speke lads, took an age getting home over the Pennines.

At Wembley, we where at the tunnel end, I was in lower part about twenty yards from the left of the goal, great view of Rideouts' winner.happy days, heres to another on Sunday. :)

Was in a mate's house in Finchley, was the day after the Grand National if I remember correctly and had massive hangover having been out in in London the night before. Didn't expect us to win which made it all the sweeter. Will be meeting the same mate in Harrow on Saturday before another night out and the game on Sunday, omen??. COYB

At Alder Hey, having 12 stitches put in above my eye. Split it playing for the Liver against Crosby Stewart in the morning.

Didn't want to go hospital in case I missed the game, but went at half time. Got called in just as Tottenham were given the penalty which Klinsmann scored.

Beautiful day, even though my head was killing and I couldn't see out of 1 eye!

Edited by DonKey

For the semi at Elland Road, i was right behing the left hand goal as you look on the tv, about 8 rows back. Mini bus broke down just before Hartshead services so we all had to hitch, in twos, the last few miles. Managed to get in a van full of out of town blues who offered lots of grog to me and my nephew. Had to scrounge a lift off a normal merseytravel bus which had been rented out for the day by some Speke lads, took an age getting home over the Pennines.

At Wembley, we where at the tunnel end, I was in lower part about twenty yards from the left of the goal, great view of Rideouts' winner.happy days, heres to another on Sunday. :)

Thats mad i was sitting not far from you for both games!