IGNORED

Tv Connections Quiz (9)

Jimmy the blue

This is a real stab in the dark and will most likely be way off... but anyway. I'm the first to try!

Is the connection Thomas Becket?

The band Johns Children had a song bannned by the BBC in the 1960's called Desdemona.

The B-Side of the single was Remember Thomas Becket.

Thomas Becket's family is from a village called Thiervelle in France.

Thiervelle is a village at the foot of a bridge.

Thiervelle is called a "Thankful" Village becasue not one person from there was killed during the First World War (Or WW2 either)

Probably well off but it works at least!

This is a real stab in the dark and will most likely be way off... but anyway. I'm the first to try!

Is the connection Thomas Becket?

The band Johns Children had a song bannned by the BBC in the 1960's called Desdemona.

The B-Side of the single was Remember Thomas Becket.

Thomas Becket's family is from a village called Thiervelle in France.

Thiervelle is a village at the foot of a bridge.

Thiervelle is called a "Thankful" Village becasue not one person from there was killed during the First World War (Or WW2 either)

Probably well off but it works at least!

Great try jamie but its centuries out mate, the person(s) I want is/are alive today.

The rock show was on tv and is still venerated to this day

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Well my train of thought from the last one came from Thankful, I knew that villages who had not had anyone killed during a war are then called thankful villages, it all spirlaed downwards from there really!

For today at least i'm going to give up. Put WAY to much thought and time into the other answer! I'll get one of your quizes one day... but not today!

Edited by jamiemaher85

Bob Harris ? TOGWT ?

Didn't start until '71.

I don't think the "rock" show can be anything to do with music....there was nothing pre OGWT so unless he means "pop" we're probably going to need some sideways thinking. "The Sky at Night" maybe? Looking at "rocks" in space (although it can't be that because it started in the '50's and it's still going, but probably something equally as cryptic)?

Didn't start until '71.

I don't think the "rock" show can be anything to do with music....there was nothing pre OGWT so unless he means "pop" we're probably going to need some sideways thinking. "The Sky at Night" maybe? Looking at "rocks" in space (although it can't be that because it started in the '50's and it's still going, but probably something equally as cryptic)?

The shows music was called rock but also featured pop, the bands played live most of the time..................it has nothing to do with Bob Harris (class act) and is certainly not out of this world :P (Pick the bones out of that lot)

Are we talking TV show or stage show Jim (momentarily thought I was onto something with Pontius Pilate from Godspell or JC Superstar but they're 70's)?

TV shows all I can come up with is Ready Steady Go!

RSG is correct Mike, well done

The show in question is a stage show that had been a book and movie

Kathy McGowan presented Ready Steady Go....she's Michael Ball's partner. There I stall :( .

Look at parts played by Ball that is the final link, incidentally there are nearly 23 years age difference between Ball and McGowan, she was tasty in her day, a big trend setter but she must have a leg full of varicose veins now and a hairy top lip:lol: :lol::lol:

Marius Pontmercy in Les Mis.

I had "Pont" and "Merci" as "thankful bridge in France" days ago, just never put it together :rolleyes: .

Nice one Jim.

Brilliant Mike, very well done mate, the Beard will be upset you beat him to it, taxi was close but not in this quiz :lol:

Give me a hand trying to crack jamie's, I'm lost

I thought of that last week but the French for thankful is 'reconaissant' (or something like that), not Merci ( thank you) which is why I got stuck, never mind Jimmy keep them coming. RSG was the only programme that came to mind so another day I would have got there alas was not to be.