IGNORED

Andy Van Der Meyde

Does any1 else think VDM should be given a last chance to start games and prove himself before he surely departs in the summer?

I'm not 100% sure why DM hasnt, given how small our 1st team currently is

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Thinking about it maybe I was being harsh with the multiple no's........no.

DM hasn't played him because, well, he is shit and we are just humouring his remaining contract.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Thinking about it maybe I was being harsh with the multiple no's........no.

DM hasn't played him because, well, he is shit and we are just humouring his remaining contract.

Then why have him on the bench week after week? and not give another young kid his seat?

I've only seen him play once i think, he gave the assist to gosling in the second leg of the fa cup game, wich was brilliant.

If I base my opinion on that, why not give him some minutes here and there.

I'm not really in on the backround of the player, something with alcohol problems?

We may be out of the cup if he hadnt appeared against the red shite.

Weve dropped 4 points against the carToon army and blackburn.

Osman and Gosling are both being burnt out in my opinion.

So, why not give him a go, Saha and Fellaini would relish the types of cross he made for Gosling.

So, why not give him a go, Saha and Fellaini would relish the types of cross he made for Gosling.

EW has said it all, no

I saw him play at Inter Milan and for the Dutch national side and purely focusing on his football capabilities he's actually exactly what we need .. someone on the right side capable of delivering some good crosses .. he's got some speed and can deliver the ball in the box .. with cahill , jo , saha and fellaini we should be able to get some goals from that ... certainly with the way osman has been struggling, why not give VDM a chance?

on the other hand, as written in the article Mike posted, he's been highly unreliable .. I can just see him doing well these last few games, gettin another big contract from some other club and then fucking it up royally again with his off field troubles..

purely focusing on Everton winning right now, i'd say give him a chance ... but if i had a grudge against him from how he didn't perform for Everton over these years even though he was paid a lot of money, i'd say leave him on the bench..

sophie's choice :) .

Guest efctaxi

We are desperate for a winger , and having one but never using him is disappointing considering the size of our squad .

A little rotation might help the squad stay fit .

As much a problematic player he has been , he is still available , and at present , our right side is looking pretty tame .

I am sure this has been covered on this forum before, if VDM was not on the pitch, Hibbert or someone else could have provided the cross or we could have won on penalties.

We are desperate for a winger , and having one but never using him is disappointing considering the size of our squad .

A little rotation might help the squad stay fit .

As much a problematic player he has been , he is still available , and at present , our right side is looking pretty tame .

I agree, I wouldn't start him but I don't see any harm giving him 20 minutes if the team is playing as badly as they were against Newcastle and Blackburn, he may not deserve to play on his past history but the fact is in those games he couldn't have done any worse than Osman and we may have had another 4 points. Defensively we look sound it's up front that we need a bit of magic, don't get me wrong I've yet to see VDM produce virtually anything resembling magic (his cross against Liverpool was alright, it wasn't exactly Beckham at his best) but at least he looks to get crosses into the box which is our main threat at the moment. His whole career at Everton has been a joke so I just feel that maybe it's fate that before he goes he does something to make it all worthwhile - win us the semi-final of the cup maybe? :)

Edited by carlmc25

I agree, I wouldn't start him but I don't see any harm giving him 20 minutes if the team is playing as badly as they were against Newcastle and Blackburn, he may not deserve to play on his past history but the fact is in those games he couldn't have done any worse than Osman and we may have had another 4 points. Defensively we look sound it's up front that we need a bit of magic, don't get me wrong I've yet to see VDM produce virtually anything resembling magic (his cross against Liverpool was alright, it wasn't exactly Beckham at his best) but at least he looks to get crosses into the box which is our main threat at the moment. His whole career at Everton has been a joke so I just feel that maybe it's fate that before he goes he does something to make it all worthwhile - win us the semi-final of the cup maybe? :)

This guy has cost the club a fortune, he has been a disgrace to his profession imo. The club need to send a positive message out to the kids who are also stuck on the bench. We all know given a full squad VDM would make the reserves bench, remember when he has played in the reserves he has never done well because he is lazy. First team places are earned I would much rather see Baxter Gosling and JPK given chances than this wastrel

This guy has cost the club a fortune, he has been a disgrace to his profession imo. The club need to send a positive message out to the kids who are also stuck on the bench. We all know given a full squad VDM would make the reserves bench, remember when he has played in the reserves he has never done well because he is lazy. First team places are earned I would much rather see Baxter Gosling and JPK given chances than this wastrel

I don't dispute any of that but also the saying 'don't cut off your nose to spite your face' springs to mind. What he has cost the club is now irrelevant, we can't change that, it's done, it's history. The only thing that matters now is what is the best team to get us results, who can make a difference off the bench. If VDM (a big if I know) suddenly won us the semi-final of the cup, if somehow he created a couple of goals that got us 4th spot in the league then all the money he has cost us in the past would pale into insignificance. I'm not saying he is good enough to do that but the fact is our squad is at the limit, we have no reserves, Rodwell has come into midfield and doesn't look ready, Gosling has done a job and I'd pick him ahead of VDM but if it isn't working, if we're struggling to win a game with 20 minutes left where is the harm in playing him? Last time he played he created the winner, you can't ask much more than that. He has been a joke, he has been a waste of money but if we keep sitting him on the bench then all he is going to do is continue to cost us wages and not give us anything in return so by that logic it's an even bigger waste of money not to play him than to play him. I can see your argument but the fact is you were no doubt cheering as loud as anyone when Gosling scored off his cross in the derby.

I am sure this has been covered on this forum before, if VDM was not on the pitch, Hibbert or someone else could have provided the cross or we could have won on penalties.

I'd go with the someone else option because I can't remember the last time we scored from a Hibbert cross :blink: .

Incidentally, how good was Cahill's cross for Fellaini's goal against Boro? Didn't know he had it in him.

I was at the Newcastle game, and we were crying out for width, we had an extra man (apparently) for over half the game and Newcastle looked the more likely side to score.

If he cant last a whole game, why not give him a second half to prove himself?

I really dont see the point having him in the squad if Moyes has no intention of trying him, the Toon game is the typical example.

You say someone else else could have provided the cross, at least he has proved in that game that he actually can create chances when noone else can.

Like ive already said, why have him on the bench at all?

Dropped his bottle of whiskey on his toe, apparently still celebrating the one and only cross he has put in all career with us.

I'm sensing a softening in your attitude EW. You very nearly said something positive about him there....

I think you're coming round, you'll be clamouring for him to get a new contract in a couple of weeks :lol: !

I'm sensing a softening in your attitude EW. You very nearly said something positive about him there....

I think you're coming round, you'll be clamouring for him to get a new contract in a couple of weeks :lol: !

Nah, it was meant as a dig but I can see it may have appeared positive towards him so I will correct it now.....VDM is a loser. :D

• 5 weeks later...