• Leon Osman
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Tim Cahill
    • Louis Saha
    • Jack Rodwell
    • James Vaughan

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 216

Fellaini 166

Arteta 164

Baines 138

Cahill 129

Pienaar 120

Osman 102

Neville 91

Howard 62

Saha 62

Lescott 54

João Alves Jô 38

Rodwell 29

Gosling 26

Anichebe 21

Castillo 20

Baadhi 17

Hibbert 16

Yobo 12

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Van der Meyde 10

Baxter 4

Jacobsen 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka

Arsenal (H)...Tim Cahill

Manchester United (A)...Tim Howard

Liverpool (H-Cup replay)...Phil Jagielka

Bolton (H)...João Alves Jô

Aston Villa (H)...Mikel Arteta

Newcastle (A)...Jack Rodwell

West Brom (H)...Steven Pienaar

Blackburn (A)...Phil Neville

Middlesbrough (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Stoke City (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Portsmouth (A)...Leighton Baines

Wigan (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (A)...Steven Pienaar

As I have said in other threads it could only be the Skipper for me today, he did his job brilliantly, inspired those around him and kept a level head when others would have lost there nerve.

Word of comfort for Timmy, at least you had the balls to take the first kick, and even that was better than Berbatov's :lol::lol::lol:

This.

Guest efctaxi

I actually thought Fellaini was possibly our best outfield player today , for the sheer getting stuck in , and Neville for his Captains performance :D

Pienaar , Baines , Osman , Cahill , Saha all played below par , and the rest did ok as usual , with only a few heart attacks to think of .

I'm glad Howard saved our ass , after a few guys calling for his head recently .

But for leading us to the final , and for having the biggest balls on the pitch , I'm going to give my vote to Phil .

Need to play better though , as we were pretty bad today compared to recent weeks .

Dont think you could say anyone was poor yesterday. A few average performances but thats it. MotM could go to a number of players really but my vote went to Jagielka (and not just for the winning penalty). He was great in defence and I was found muttering to myself after a couple of his challenges "fuck, he's good".

BTW how good was it that they played Z-CARS at the end with the crowd all joining in with their "der, ner, ner's" and "la, la, la's". Much better than the cringe worthy grand old team (although it does sound OK when the crowd sing it but that recording should be binned).

Quality game...knackered now after the late night getting back.

So without a doubt the, pretty much unsung, hero of our season Neville was awesome yesterday. Jags pushed him close for MOTM but I felt Neville added a calming effect to our midfield and kept slotting in defence when Jags/Lescott went wondering.

Thought Baines & Pienaar were extremely good, closely followed by Hibbert.

Glad to see most of the guys around me were getting sick of Fellaini's sloppy passing too.

i thought baines was very average on his final delivery for the first 60odd mins he went foward but didnt look as confindent as he normally does a few times he wasted chances to put the ball in the box when we had a number of players in the area but insted he gave the ball away which put us underpressure for the counter attack.

Pienaar for me, he was excellent both in attack and defence. Once again people picking up on Jags performance (which was 99% excellent) when in reality Lescott played just as well (if not better) and Lescott didn't foul someone in the area after some inept defending and get away with a stone wall penalty. But anyway, not a brilliant performance but a brilliant result COYB!

Guest efctaxi
Quality game...knackered now after the late night getting back.

So without a doubt the, pretty much unsung, hero of our season Neville was awesome yesterday. Jags pushed him close for MOTM but I felt Neville added a calming effect to our midfield and kept slotting in defence when Jags/Lescott went wondering.

Thought Baines & Pienaar were extremely good, closely followed by Hibbert.

Glad to see most of the guys around me were getting sick of Fellaini's sloppy passing too.

His pass to Neville earlier on was probably our best pass of the season :)

I think everybody played very well, some better than others, but you could certainly see the desire to win for all of them. I gave my vote to Howard, I realise he didn't have to do a great deal of work all game, but I should point out he was a million times better than what he was against Villa, so credit to him that he was able to step up for the big occasion, and pulling off two fantastic saves capped off a great performance.

Pienaar got my vote.

Me too, ran himself into the ground and still working hard deep into extra time. Big shout to the 12th man though (of course the fans) who were tremendous, especially the unexpected bursts of singing when the game was stopped or in a lull. This despite it being fairly difficult to co ordinate the singing with being spread across such an expanse.

Brilliant just brilliant :D