IGNORED

For The Fans And Our Future

Cheers one and all, the scenes at Wembley of the RBJ being worn by so many dedicated blues brought memories or 66 following back to my mind. The fervor, passion and camaraderie of us blues is limitless. SSN was inundated with e-mails from round the world of blues fans celebrating our victory, our achievement in reaching the FA cup final against all the odds having already seen off three of the top five clubs in the league and of course, when we beat Chelsea, three of the eight quarter finalists in the C/L. We've done this without endless bags of money, without a super rich benefactor but as a traditional well run club.......................its a tremendous effort.

A special thank you must go out to all those at the stadium, men women and children..............just think about the memories they will have about today's events, they will live with those kids forever and of course they will be blues for the same length of time, forever. We can and must go on from here, the Blue Army is on the march and hopefully the boss can at last get his hands on a trophy he so richly deserves for the PEOPLES CLUB

How do you feel about what we have achieved, about our club and what future do you see EFC

Guest efctaxi

It's a difficult one Jimmy .

Regarding the present and the future ( forget the past ) , we are currently in a position where every game is a battle , and only our spirit holds any advantage over our opposition .

How long we can keep that spirit is the burning question , as even the most determined heart needs a light at the end of the tunnel eventually .

It is imperative that we go on and win this cup now , as it might be a huge turning point in our fortunes to come , and breath fresh air into our immidiate future .

At present , we can't continue trying to make a silk purse out of what we have .

Our squad is small , and our pockets empty , so something will give eventually unless this can be addressed . We are unlikely to be able to challenge for the premiership title for some time , so perhaps our sights should be set on ensuring we bolster our current achievements , and remain at least a top 6 side , giving the fans European enjoyment each year , and see if we can put ourselves firmly on the footballing map .

This year , we have a real chance of 5th again , and a chance of silverware .

Next year , make sure we stay in the Premiership first and foremost , and see what lady luck brings after that .

I still think our future is in the hands of our academy for the next few seasons , so let's make use of the kids from now on in . :)

It's a difficult one Jimmy .

Regarding the present and the future ( forget the past ) , we are currently in a position where every game is a battle , and only our spirit holds any advantage over our opposition .

How long we can keep that spirit is the burning question , as even the most determined heart needs a light at the end of the tunnel eventually .

It is imperative that we go on and win this cup now , as it might be a huge turning point in our fortunes to come , and breath fresh air into our immidiate future .

At present , we can't continue trying to make a silk purse out of what we have .

Our squad is small , and our pockets empty , so something will give eventually unless this can be addressed . We are unlikely to be able to challenge for the premiership title for some time , so perhaps our sights should be set on ensuring we bolster our current achievements , and remain at least a top 6 side , giving the fans European enjoyment each year , and see if we can put ourselves firmly on the footballing map .

This year , we have a real chance of 5th again , and a chance of silverware .

Next year , make sure we stay in the Premiership first and foremost , and see what lady luck brings after that .

I still think our future is in the hands of our academy for the next few seasons , so let's make use of the kids from now on in . :)

An accurate assessment mate although I do think you underestimate one or two things. Look just how well we have coped with an horrendous injury list this year..............surelt that won't happen again soon. Yes we need more good players coming out of the academy, at present there are kids in place ready to come through. I honestly believe that the C/L is not beyond us, we would have been there this season if we hadn't had such a terrible start to the season, it took us 8/10 games to get going, remember we were nearly propping the table up with Spurs. I put that start down to David Moyes as the team was clearly under prepared, I've forgiven him now :lol:

When we lost the Yak I thought yes we could get on without him, we did, when Mikel was injured I really feared the worst, most of us did. We have managed because we are a club, everyone is expected to man the pumps, our manager honours pledges to players, they trust him and he trusts them, not a Prima Madonna in sight.

People say we have no money, this is true in part, we are not in debt due to excellent house keeping, we may have to go into debt to move but that is just like taking on a mortgage. Look at the so called big four, each and everyone of them is up to their eyes in huge debts, even Arsenal. Our biggest league rivals, Villa, spent £50 million last summer we didn't.

I think quite honestly there is light at the end of a 20 year tunnel, we are nearly back irrespective of what happens on 30 May

COYB

Well I was there yesterday and every single blue there did the club proud. We outsung the shower of shite that are Man United fans. That's testament to the passion of our fans because it really wasn't a great game to watch, but the fans backed the boys every step of the way. On what we've achieved; we've achieved nothing unless we win that cup on the 30th May. We'll have earned the cup as well with the teams we've had to play.

On our future; it needs to have money in it. I know we're getting by with passion, commitment etc atm but what happens when those players that exemplify that passion leave or retire? Look at Cahill for example. He is responsible for so many of our points all on his own, but he's 30 now and isn't going to be able to pull us out of the shit for too much longer. It's looking like we do have a sort of replacement for him in Fellaini but it cost us £15million. How much is it going to cost us to replace Arteta, Yak, Lescott etc when their time comes? We need investment and we need it badly. I don't particularly want someone who has endless pockets like the Man City chairman so we can buy success (it wouldn't be the Everton way) but I want us to be comfortable and to not fear being outbid by someone as shit as Newcastle!