IGNORED

Right Back!

We do need a new RB but I'd rather we got ourselves a speedy right winger in first, it's much more important to our side IMO.

last year i thought about lennon, but now there is no chance we would be able to afford him now. and i dont think spurrs would want to let him go now...

Hibbert has played well but not outstandingly. Outstanding in comparrison with his previous performances maybe but lets not get carried away. He has pretty awful in our last two games. If we really want to kick on then we need to look forwards. Baines has transformed the left wing and shown the difference a forward thinking full back can make. Hibbert does not get forwards enough, and will never go for the overlap. We need a new rb. Maybe not number one priority, but still a priority none-the-less.

Hibbert has played well but not outstandingly. Outstanding in comparrison with his previous performances maybe but lets not get carried away. He has pretty awful in our last two games. If we really want to kick on then we need to look forwards. Baines has transformed the left wing and shown the difference a forward thinking full back can make. Hibbert does not get forwards enough, and will never go for the overlap. We need a new rb. Maybe not number one priority, but still a priority none-the-less.

Spot on sir...i called you sir...but i know you're not old enough now :lol:

Especially when you think our midfield is very central, the full-backs really would make us stronger!

i agree mate something to look at in the near future, or maybe get a bargin buy, if newcastle or some 1 else go down, we all know from past experiance with moyes, that he is good with bargin buyes...

Woulden'd mind having Glen Johnson. :)

He's a proven goalscorer even from the right back and everyone will remember that wonder goal last season (might have been this season) so its not as if he would have been rooted at the back, he's also keen to play at right midfield and left back.

The only problem is the fee which has been rumoured to be £9 million and above.

Johnson ended speculation that he would move to Liverpool for a rumoured amount of £9M from Portsmouth by signing a four and a half year contract on 9 January 2009. Although speculation has once again been produced, in that Johnson could make a big money move to Liverpool in the near future.

At the end of the day we don't need another right back. Hibbert is good enough and should the worst happen and he's injured then we will have to put up with Neville/Jagileka there for a few games.

Hibbert!

Ever since Seamus Coleman left Sligo Rovers their side is visibly weakened. They used to be the Arsenal of the league with fast and skillful play, but when Coleman left the piece fell out of their defence. Was always highly rated by every league of Ireland fan and not to mention he's got a great cross on him. I'd say he'll do well here, given the chance.

If we are to progress as a team we need to replace Hibbert he is far to inconsistant although he has played well for a few games this season he's to prone to error's and as said cant take players on or get forward to whip in a decent cross.

If people want us to break the top four he is the type of player we need to replace he will be a good squad player if needed.