Sign in to follow this  
garyandniki

Can't Afford Jo

I dont think we will be able to afford jo, if man city want near what they paid for him. but i dont think he is worth paying 12 to 15m for anyway ??. i would like to see gudjohnnson if he drop his wages. or kanuote. i think that would be a lot cheeper and less a risk than jo. they have been in premier before.????? ;)

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi
Not Crouch Tax....where do people see his quality? He'll go Villa anyway lol

How can you not see quality in Peter Crouch ?

He has the Everton spirit , and is a prolific goal scorer both in the leagues and International level .

If he was only 5ft 9 , people would be fighting over him , but because he he is tall , he stands out as irregular in some peoples eyes . His stupid dance probably knocks £5 mill off the asking price too .

As for Ebanks Jamie , he oozes quality mate , and it's a little presumptuous to suggest he won't make it in the prem . Wolves as a team might struggle , but as an individual , I think he has all the right qualities .

If he does do well in the prem , we then won't be able to afford him , so if the price is right , it's worth the risk before hand.

He has the Everton spirit , and is a prolific goal scorer both in the leagues and International level .

If he was only 5ft 9 , people would be fighting over him , but because he he is tall , he stands out as irregular in some peoples eyes . His stupid dance probably knocks £5 mill off the asking price too .

As for Ebanks Jamie , he oozes quality mate , and it's a little presumptuous to suggest he won't make it in the prem . Wolves as a team might struggle , but as an individual , I think he has all the right qualities .

If he does do well in the prem , we then won't be able to afford him , so if the price is right , it's worth the risk before hand.

I wouldn't go that far. He's good but I really don't think he is that great. I've seen him play quite a few times, both on tv and live. He ha scored a few good goals, notabally against Charlton, but they are the bottom team. But he misses way too many easy chances even at championship level. He'd cost too much for the type of player we'd get.

I wouldn't go that far. He's good but I really don't think he is that great. I've seen him play quite a few times, both on tv and live. He ha scored a few good goals, notabally against Charlton, but they are the bottom team. But he misses way too many easy chances even at championship level. He'd cost too much for the type of player we'd get.

I agree, i dont think he's that great.. but i think if we can snap him up cheap then see how moyes uses him cus he could fit in well with our crossing game

Im not argueing Tax, i just don't rate him...i think he misses more opportunities than the hard ones he seems to score? His international track record currently stands against teams like, Jamaica, Tinidad, Andorra, Macendonia, Estonia, Austria, Hungary and Greece.

On the other hand i disagree with Jamie, i like Blakes...yeah he misses some, but i tell you what he gets into the positions to do so!! If you have 20 chances n score 5, its better than 5 chances and scoring 1? I like him!! if i remember rightly United didn't wanna leave him, but he was hungry for 1st team football!!

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi

Last 2 seasons has scored over 20 goals in each . Very quick . Very young . Very much a possibility . :)

Wolves will probably go down like so many others , and would probably accept 5-7 mill :P

Last 2 seasons has scored over 20 goals in each . Very quick . Very young . Very much a possibility . :)

Wolves will probably go down like so many others , and would probably accept 5-7 mill :P

What you say is right taxi but do want us to return to route one hoof ball, no thanks mate

I think we will see a very similer thing happen with Blake as we did Darren Bent when at Charlton. If Wolves dont spend big they more then likely will flop but i can see him scoring a few in the Prem.

He's far from special but he does have alot of potential and would do well under Moyes's wing but as Jamie says they have just been promoted so its very unlikely it would happen.

wouldnt mind blakes tbh, and this wolves knocking i dont agree with, I can see them staying up, very young quality they have there, have the potential to stay up and keep themselves in the prem imo.

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi
What you say is right taxi but do want us to return to route one hoof ball, no thanks mate

Hoof football is all about the player hoofing , and not the player he is hoofing it to .

Crouch is very good with the ball coming in to his feet too .

Hoof football is all about the player hoofing , and not the player he is hoofing it to .

Crouch is very good with the ball coming in to his feet too .

That is the odd thing about him, he is better with his feet than his head, he heads the ball like a pansy, still not for me mate as he still declares his love of Anfield

Guest Reg Reagan   
Guest Reg Reagan

your having a luagh if you think we should be getting an ex RS player.

Dean Ashton would be my preferred choice

Morrissey, Sheedy and (to a lesser extent imo) Beardsley. No more to be said (unless you want to mention Ablett).

Morrissey, Sheedy and (to a lesser extent imo) Beardsley. No more to be said (unless you want to mention Ablett).

Yes there is Mike, none of those you mentioned ever had a shout against us, plus, other than Beardsley, the rest were never more than bit part players with the shite and Beardsley was a bit of a journey man having played for many clubs

Crouch is a self confessed rs tool who stands out in a crowd :o

Fair point, but I was specifically answering Reg's refusal to have ex-Reds at the club.

Crouch is a self confessed rs...

So was Peter Reid :) (though I've no evidence of him being a twat :P ).

everyone is talking baout we need rb rm cm.

our team is balanced now apart from that goal machine!

if we can spend 10M on a forward who puts the ball in the net then i think we can make that step up.

im thinkin eduardo from arsenal. he looks a bit part player for them and even with adebayor and van persie out injured wenger still doesnt play him.

if we can spend 10M on a forward who puts the ball in the net then i think we can make that step up.

im thinkin eduardo from arsenal. he looks a bit part player for them and even with adebayor and van persie out injured wenger still doesnt play him.

He broke his leg :blink:

Looks like Ebanks-Blake is out anyway - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490

Looks like Ebanks-Blake is out anyway -

Fair play to him....nice to see a bit of loyalty (if he sticks to it).

We'll just take him off their hands next summer when they go back down :) .

Fair play to him....nice to see a bit of loyalty (if he sticks to it).

We'll just take him off their hands next summer when they go back down :) .

im pleased, we shouldnt be buying forwards from the championship with any prem experience. other positions is fine lescott and cahill have been fantastic for us, but forwards. i just think we need to buy a forward who is already scoring in the top flight of a good league - england, spain, even germany. we dont have the time to teach another young forward how to play in the prem we already have vaughan and anichebe.

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi

Dean Ashton would be my preferred choice

So you wouldn't want Gerrard if he was on a free ?

Or Torres ........... or ?

No , I'm not having a laugh . I'm genuinely serious . I think the guy is a great goal scorer .

Not to sound harsh mate but that post is terrible, For one Eduardo is one of Arsenals best players and would not come here let alone the transfur fee would be way out of our reach.

The team is not balanced we ARE really lacking down the right its plain to see we have no decent service down the right and we have Yakubu to come back next season Vaughan is nearly there just needs more games and we have Saha.

Guest Reg Reagan   
Guest Reg Reagan

what have they done for us?

He broke his leg :blink:

Looks like Ebanks-Blake is out anyway - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490

well the CCC is a much different level of competition to the premier league so lets see how he will go next season... and i do hope he does well

So you wouldn't want Gerrard if he was on a free ?

Or Torres ........... or ?

No , I'm not having a laugh . I'm genuinely serious . I think the guy is a great goal scorer .

Gerrard is getting old and senile. we have good youngsters coming through plus tim cahill is a better player then gerrard. just ,look at the stats

Torres is a little sissy lady boy and is a poor finisher

Fair point, but I was specifically answering Reg's refusal to have ex-Reds at the club.

So was Peter Reid :) (though I've no evidence of him being a twat :P ).

He never played for them and Peter would kick your head in if he saw you writing that Mike :lol::lol::lol:

On a more serious note I understand that if Citeh sign Eto then we have a chance of signing Jo on loan for next year...............................how does everyone feel about that, personally I think we should wash our hands of him

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi
what have they done for us?

well the CCC is a much different level of competition to the premier league so lets see how he will go next season... and i do hope he does well

Gerrard is getting old and senile. we have good youngsters coming through plus tim cahill is a better player then gerrard. just ,look at the stats

Torres is a little sissy lady boy and is a poor finisher

:huh:

It all depends on how much they want for him. I think that he is worth between 5 and 8, (only raising to 8 on goals and such things), and I think that at that price he would be worth a dip. That is what I feel is a fair price on his ability, I fear though that they would want nearer to 11- 12 million, which is well over what he is really worth. City have already over-paid for him, I just hope we don't make the same mistake.

He never played for them and Peter would kick your head in if he saw you writing that Mike :lol::lol::lol:

On a more serious note I understand that if Citeh sign Eto then we have a chance of signing Jo on loan for next year...............................how does everyone feel about that, personally I think we should wash our hands of him

Yeah we should let him go,

Firstly because when the season comes around we will have Yakubu, Vaughan and Anichebe all back and fit, OK big Victor might not be the best but he'd be fine on the bench just in case, so we can lose Jo and Saha.

Secondly any money we have to spend, even if its only 5 or 6 mill should go to where we need it most, and we need a wide right player badly. I think we could lose maybe 5 players this summer and not miss them, but thats for another topic. :)

Yeah we should let him go,

Firstly because when the season comes around we will have Yakubu, Vaughan and Anichebe all back and fit, OK big Victor might not be the best but he'd be fine on the bench just in case, we should lose Jo and Saha.

Secondly any money we have to spend even if its only 5 or 6 mill, it should go to where we need it most, and we need a wide right player badly. I think we could lose maybe 5 players this summer and not miss them, but thats for another topic. :)

Pleased to see you leaving Saha out Bill, pity Moyes doesn't :o

I agree that a right sided player needs to be brought in but I do think that a new striker needs to be brought in as vic doesn't cut it and as much as I love Vaughn he is not the best finsher adn I'd put good money on him having another long period out. Also Yak will most likely take at least 3 months to get back to anywhere near a good striker. I can't really imagine himself taking care of himself that much while he's been out. He'll be massive.

The talk about Ebanks Blake reminds me of another Wolves striker who never went anywhere else despite being touted as one of the greats at the time. Remember Steve Bull?

If I am correct there was a lot of talk at the time he was coming to us. Or going to ManUre. or Arsenal. He never did any of that and simply stayed where he was.

Loyalty? Or did he just realise he would be rubbish in Top Flight football?

Can the same be true of Ebanks Blake?

I woulden't mind if he stayed at a reasonable price. The factor for me is that with the money that we pay out for Jo could be much better spent on someone else like Moutinhio or Darren Bent. Jo has done well on his loan spell but has not proved what he is worth, the kinda' money that Manchester City are asking for is way too much for him and it looks inevitable that he will end up back in a sky blue shirt at the end of the season.

He was good whilst he was here but I would be very surprised if he signed on a permanant deal.

Just popped into my head now, probably won't work but is there any chance of another 12-month loan?

FM have it down as £11m agreed transfer fee.

Personally I was not a fan at all when we first got him, Im starting to come round to him though now. His interviews are always good to read, he seems like a person who just wants to do well and from what Ive saw of him in the Everton he has potential to do well, play as the second striker as his hold up play is really good. Dont forget he is 22, still alot of time for him to make the grade, babel is the same age and I'd rather have Jo than him.

Saha may be offloaded - furthermore he is unreliable injury wise.

That leaves Anichebe, Vaughan and Yakubu.

Room for one more; if it be Jo or not is the question.

Well, we have a pretty good striker that at the moment is 4th choice, and I think he deserves more, a loan to a PL club would be very good for him.

I'm talking about Yannick Djaló, don't know if you know him, but you can take a look at him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6MlmkU75bQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgZMkEgPQCs

Well, we have a pretty good striker that at the moment is 4th choice, and I think he deserves more, a loan to a PL club would be very good for him.

I'm talking about Yannick Djaló, don't know if you know him, but you can take a look at him here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6MlmkU75bQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgZMkEgPQCs

He'd be a great loan signing, a very quick lad.

However he is very small and could never fit into the 4-5-1 with Cahill behind him. He'd play great in a 4-4-2 with Vaughan or Yak though, but the 442 is where we go wrong. :(

Same build as Andy Johnson haha.

everyone is taking about a right sided midfielder.

surely left is more of a priority! we have no left footed midfielders.

id much rather we got a genuine lefty in, stick pienaar on the right. he does great with baines down that left, but he would add the creativity we dont have on the right, and bringing in a lefty would give us much better balance.

as for jo, no thanks, shite (prove me wrong today jo)

everyone is taking about a right sided midfielder.

surely left is more of a priority! we have no left footed midfielders.

id much rather we got a genuine lefty in, stick pienaar on the right. he does great with baines down that left, but he would add the creativity we dont have on the right, and bringing in a lefty would give us much better balance.

as for jo, no thanks, shite (prove me wrong today jo)

But what if City let Jo go on another season loan?

Also, I agree with you on a left sided midfielder; imagine how a natural would link up with Baines! Sexplosion down the left for sure.

I think Bayern Munich will clear the ship, so to say in the summer, Klose, Podolskii, or Toni would all be a great signing

? .. Bayern isn't a team that can afford to mail it in for one year .. they gotta be there at the top evey year.. i don't think there's a chance in hell they'll let Toni or Klose go.. Podolski is most of the time a benchplayer for them so he's probably available.

? .. Bayern isn't a team that can afford to mail it in for one year .. they gotta be there at the top evey year.. i don't think there's a chance in hell they'll let Toni or Klose go.. Podolski is most of the time a benchplayer for them so he's probably available.

New manager, new ideas, why not mate, id have any 1 of them

I have really come around to Jo. I've been to the last two away games (Chelsea/ Sunderland) and he has impressed me no end. He is starting to come around to be an "Everton" player, by which I mean playing with the ethic and attitude that Moyes instills in his players and the squad.

I still have a problem with the fee that will be attached to him, but thats not his fault. I think it will be a shame when he goes and I will miss him. I didn't think it would happen but he has really turned me around and he clearly enjoys playing for us. Its just a shame that City paid such a ridiculous price for him in the first place. Oh well

Guest efctaxi   
Guest efctaxi
I have really come around to Jo. I've been to the last two away games (Chelsea/ Sunderland) and he has impressed me no end. He is starting to come around to be an "Everton" player, by which I mean playing with the ethic and attitude that Moyes instills in his players and the squad.

I still have a problem with the fee that will be attached to him, but thats not his fault. I think it will be a shame when he goes and I will miss him. I didn't think it would happen but he has really turned me around and he clearly enjoys playing for us. Its just a shame that City paid such a ridiculous price for him in the first place. Oh well

We have something in common :)