IGNORED

Can't Afford Jo

I think Jo has got better and better. I think he has done well coming in considering he must have been at rock bottom after his first few months at Man City, young lad, new country, new league, massive transfer fees, moved on in January. Don't forget given the cup run he has still been a bit in and out of the team, I think the inter play up front is tidy at the moment and Jo is playing is part. He would only get better.

Would love another year of him on loan, and I see that as very much a possibility, I think city will go ballistic in the transfer market this summer, and getting Jo back in the squad may be low on their list of priorities.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest efctaxi
I think Jo has got better and better. I think he has done well coming in considering he must have been at rock bottom after his first few months at Man City, young lad, new country, new league, massive transfer fees, moved on in January. Don't forget given the cup run he has still been a bit in and out of the team, I think the inter play up front is tidy at the moment and Jo is playing is part. He would only get better.

Would love another year of him on loan, and I see that as very much a possibility, I think city will go ballistic in the transfer market this summer, and getting Jo back in the squad may be low on their list of priorities.

One problem we have is that it isn't just about City and Everton .

If another team show interest and have the cash , then unless we have an agreement , it's bye bye Jo .

If you want him , then you have 3 league games to let Moyes know . :graduated:

Edited by efctaxi

I actually think he woud be a good signing and I would like to see him here however if he going to cost 10 mil + I think there are other areas on the pitch to concentrate on. i would rather Jo than Pavucheno (Russian at spurs) as he has proved he can play in our system.

The more i watch of Jo the more i like him. What with a good pre season down him and a bit more of premier league experience i think he could turn out to be a good premier league goal scorer. The only thing is if we want to break into the top four and win the euro league he needs to be more clinical. His build up play and speed are good but i think Moyes knows that the Yak is the only striker who takes his chances regulary and for that reason he will let Jo go back or take him on another year loan.

EDIT:- Merged with this topic as we don't need another thread on the same subject.

Jamie

Edited by Finn balor

The more i watch of Jo the more i like him. What with a good pre season down him and a bit more of premier league experience i think he could turn out to be a good premier league goal scorer. The only thing is if we want to break into the top four and win the euro league he needs to be more clinical. His build up play and speed are good but i think Moyes knows that the Yak is the only striker who takes his chances regulary and for that reason he will let Jo go back or take him on another year loan.

EDIT:- Merged with this topic as we don't need another thread on the same subject.

Jamie

i agree with every point, other than the one in bold haha, his speed is minimal if im to be honest, his positioning is getting better but he needs to work on his sprints with and without the ball, an area which needs improvement

i agree with every point, other than the one in bold haha, his speed is minimal if im to be honest, his positioning is getting better but he needs to work on his sprints with and without the ball, an area which needs improvement

I disagree. I think he is good at breaking the offside trap and getting into 1 v 1 positions, it is just his finishing which lets him down, low and hard each time it is so predictable for the goalies. :angry:

I disagree. I think he is good at breaking the offside trap and getting into 1 v 1 positions, it is just his finishing which lets him down, low and hard each time it is so predictable for the goalies. :angry:

Have you not noticed how often he gets caught offside? He's shit at breaking the offside trap for the most part.

Have you not noticed how often he gets caught offside? He's shit at breaking the offside trap for the most part.

I've seen him get unlucky on a few occasions and at times he has been in line it was just poor refereeing. I'm going off the Chelsea away game look out how many times he got in front of Cech.