• Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Louis Saha
    • Phil Neville
    • Tim Cahill
    • Dan Gosling
    • James Vaughan

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Jagielka 226

Baines 173

Fellaini 172

Arteta 164

Pienaar 137

Cahill 133

Neville 119

Osman 102

Howard 64

Saha 62

Lescott 57

João Alves Jô 39

Rodwell 29

Castillo 28

Gosling 26

Anichebe 21

Baadhi 17

Hibbert 16

Yobo 12

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Van der Meyde 10

Baxter 4

Jacobsen 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka

Arsenal (H)...Tim Cahill

Manchester United (A)...Tim Howard

Liverpool (H-Cup replay)...Phil Jagielka

Bolton (H)...João Alves Jô

Aston Villa (H)...Mikel Arteta

Newcastle (A)...Jack Rodwell

West Brom (H)...Steven Pienaar

Blackburn (A)...Phil Neville

Middlesbrough (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Stoke City (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Portsmouth (A)...Leighton Baines

Wigan (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (A)...Steven Pienaar

Manchester United (Wembley)...Phil Neville

Chelsea (A)...Leighton Baines

i gave it to fellaini ... together with baines the best man on the pitch..

totally don't understand why he was taken off .. and that wasn't helped by the fact subs didn't do jack shit (except for goslings late goal).

our first half was pretty good .. we didn't deserve to be down then ..

after the second goal, but mostly after those substitutions, the wheels came off.

yobo and osman : pfff .

hope jags is ok ... onward and upward. <_< .

For fucks sake, start Leon FUCKING OSMAN who, after 10 minutes into the Chelsea game, was completely invisible after playing 120 in the FA cup; the dude was so fucked today and was fatigued - should have been on the bench with Gosling starting.

First goal would not have come if Moyes started Lescott/Jagielka. Yobo has proven why he deserves to be third to arguably the best two centre back pair in the league. He heads the ball straight to Elano where the space was exploited; was falling over his feet all day, misstiming headers, horrible stuff; Lescott would have cleaned the scraps and the opportunity for first goal would not have happened. Granted, it was a nice pass, but damn if Yobo didn't fuck around before hand it would not have happened.

The sting came out of me with the substitutions. Gosling is coming on, all good! NOT. Castillo, Fellaini, and Saha come off - NOT FUCKING OSMAN. OSMAN IS FINDING IT HARD TO FUCKING MAKE A TOUCH AND HIS FATIGUE IS GONE YET MOYES KEEPS HIM ON AND BRINGS CASTILLO AND FELLAINI, TOO MEN WHO WERE STILL RUNNING AND TRYING, OFF. Vaughan and Cahill upped the tempo and Dan Gosling proved, with his great touch to goal, why he should have started before Osman.

Oh, and Yobo better UP HIS FUCKING GAME, because Jagielka has done his knee and knowing our fucking luck he's out for the season.

Osman should have gotten a rest and Gosling should have started. Simple.

Man of the Match, Leighton Baines; is deeper than Osman yet still gets into better positions.

i gave it to fellaini ... together with baines the best man on the pitch..

totally don't understand why he was taken off .. and that wasn't helped by the fact subs didn't do jack shit (except for goslings late goal).

our first half was pretty good .. we didn't deserve to be down then ..

after the second goal, but mostly after those substitutions, the wheels came off.

yobo and osman : pfff .

hope jags is ok ... onward and upward. <_< .

Im not 100% certain but i think ive read that Fellaini is 2 bookings away from missing the cup final

I actually couldn't make up my mind so I gave it to Jags, for work done and he has my sympathy.......................the way this voting system is working he could even lose out as our man of the season which would be criminal

We could always do a separate player of the season vote which would add 50 points to the winner's total.

Guest efctaxi
I actually couldn't make up my mind so I gave it to Jags, for work done and he has my sympathy.......................the way this voting system is working he could even lose out as our man of the season which would be criminal

Can only be a sympathy vote Jim .

Robhino turned him inside out yesterday mate .

Fellaini for me, not that he was outstanding, just the best of a poor performance yesterday. Understandable with 3 games in six days including an extra half hour on a dead Wembley pitch and another trip south. The extra day this week should see us get some fitness levels back up for Sunderland. Keep the faith.

What do you have against defenders? Jags has only recieved 3 votes so it seems odd to criticise that. Only 3 votes. He ain't going to win it. And Cahill not starting is not the only reason why we lost, lack of concentration from almost the entire team is why we lost, Cahill not being there had no real guage as he can't lift the entire team on his own. Besides I wa glad he was rested as he has worked his arse off for the last two games and he needed a rest, we need him back to his full game for the away trip this weekend.

My vote went to Baines by the way, though Pienaar came in a very close second.

There is a common feature here over the last few weeks, Pienaar and Baines, the leftside getting all the votes, but why then doesn't Moyes notice that the right hand side isn't working and that is down to Ossie in the main.

Back to POY situation, yes Jags got a run round, as Jamie says so did many others I will be gutted if Jags doesn't win it as he has been head and shoulders above the rest all season long and there must be something wrong with our voting system if misfortune like this stops the best reaping their just rewards

Edited by Jimmy the blue

Back to POY situation, yes Jags got a run round, as Jamie says so did many others I will be gutted if Jags doesn't win it as he has been head and shoulders above the rest all season long and there must be something wrong with our voting system if misfortune like this stops the best reaping their just rewards

What's to say Mikel wouldn't have won had he stayed fit? Or Yak? Or VDM :P ?

Have to take the season as a whole, you can't go handing out awards willy-nilly to people who've only played, say, twelve games all season can you? Oh, wait a minute..... :mellow: .

What's to say Mikel wouldn't have won had he stayed fit? Or Yak? Or VDM :P ?

Have to take the season as a whole, you can't go handing out awards willy-nilly to people who've only played, say, twelve games all season can you? Oh, wait a minute..... :mellow: .

My case rests, and Jags played 43 times having appeared in every game and only once as substitute :lol::lol: