IGNORED

Jags Out For The Season

MikeO

This is desperate for us as a side.

But on this occasion you just have to feel for the player - to miss an FA Cup Final must be heartbreaking.

Hope he makes a full recovery and we get him back for the majority of 2009-10.

Given that we are now confirmed as being in Europe next season when are we going to start playing some kids. These players are so tired that injuries will happen more easily. At this rate, the kids will play the final.

So! we are going into the FA Cup final without Yakubu, Arteta, Jagielka and Anichebe plus Jo cup tied.

To win it we will have been forced to beat Villa, Middlesborough, liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea!!

Could things have been any harder?

With Jags it's not just the final, it's the start of next season :(

As much as I am gutted for the team as a whole, I am really gutted for Jags.

Every game when we were lacking this, that and the other... when people weren't showing up, when others made mistakes, when we needed someone to step up and make that big tackle, to put that foot in and damn the consquences, it was Jags. It was almost ironic that he was injured today doing what he did best, standing up and being counted. He was injured fighting for the ball in midfield on his way back from a near goal that he both set up and nearly finished.

If anyone from that first team squad really deserves to lift that trophy at Wembley, it is Phil Jagielka. I don't care if someone scores hat-tricks in the rest of the games and scores 10 goals in the FA Cup final, there's no point. Phil Jagielka is without a shadow of a doubt, the player of the season, no matter what happens from now til the end of May.

Edited by Grarghsies

Think it says a lot for the sort of player and person he is that peoples reaction has been one of sympathy for him rather than depression because of the weakening of the team.

Hopefully he'll get a few more chances at silverware in the coming years.

Think it says a lot for the sort of player and person he is that peoples reaction has been one of sympathy for him rather than depression because of the weakening of the team.

I certainly hope he gets the chance cos he's been arguably or maybe without doubt our most consistent performer this season and for him to miss out is heartbreaking. This may spur the team on to beat Chelsea but my biggest hope is that Phil gets the chance to win more silverware (with us obviously) and that he's is fit very early into next season. Get well soon big man, you will be sorely missed!

He might not be playing but if we win the Cup it will be because of him. This Cup is his Cup.

This is absolutely heartbreaking news, Jagielka has hands down been our best and most consistant player all season, and now for him not to be playing in the cup final must be so devestating.

I suppose I can be optimistic, there's been a number of times this season where I've said "We're fucked" after a number of different occasions i.e. bad loss or another player injured. But considering all that we've always bounced back, we are a fighting club and I feel we will fight back from this.

Guest efctaxi

With a few games to go , Kenwright leaves for Broadway , Goodison gets flooded ( probably by red tears ) , and Moyes takes Newcastle job :huh:

Gutted for Jags , but we'll survive .

WE ARE EVERTON.FC

This isn't about the club or us fans its about a player who has given his heart and soul for all of us, he has been blighted by this seasons curse......................... I just wonder how he feels this morning, Jags will feel sorry for himself, he is entitled to, he will also worry about the team but he will believe we can still win the cup. When we played at Stamford Bridge it must have been an omen, Jags was on the bench and the defence coped brilliantly. Jags I'm sure will believe that Joey can and will fill his boots, I do, despite some of the criticism he took yesterday, most of it undeserved.

We have to move on but lets not forget the lads in the injury room (except VDM who is a permanent resident), Jags is a hero and will not become a poorer player for this injury....................he is our player of the season by a mile and remains a class act ;)