IGNORED

Do You Trust In Yobo?

Moe Joe

We're guaranteed Europa Football; we're guaranteed the F.A Cup final, and David Moyes is going to make the most of it. However, with a month away, I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a bit frightened. In my opinion, Yobo is a quality defender, in great form, up there with the best. But since his injury, I don't think he's picked up, I think his concentration has decreased over time and his decision making has gotten poor. The good thing, like stated, is that we're guaranteed Europa Football. So, the next Premier League games will be training for Yobo until the F.A cup. My fear? He was injury prone as it was (to tell you the truth, I don't think he's fully recovered); if he goes down, would he have to rely on Jack Rodwell or would Phil Neville switch to CB?

Also, I think Gosling should start a few games. 19 and twice the player of Osman in his current poor form. Will be a star.

Edited by `Moe Joe.

Joey's not had a run since his injury, four games for him to re-establish his partnership with Lescott and I don't think we'll go to Wembley any weaker for the change. We're blessed with three center backs of real quality, not a problem particularly as the two of them kept a clean sheet at Stamford Bridge last week seeing off the Premier's top scorer (Anelka) to such an extent that he was subbed after an hour.

Don't think anyone would argue with giving Osman a break, the last time he had some time off (international break) he came back and played an absolute blinder against Wigan....that Leon would be a huge asset at Wembley :) .

I trust him 100%, the guy is a very good central defender and a smashing servant to our club. People jumped on his back on Saturday because we got hit by a sucker punch for the first goal, why Joey got blamed is simple, he is becoming the new whipping boy which is ridiculous. Look at the goal, why doesn't anyone moan about Fellaini for not challenging for the ball when it went into their area, Joey nodded the ball back trying to restart that attack, his move was covered by Jags acting as sweeper. Robinho went off like a rocket with Jags affter him, he eventually puts the ball between Tims legs ffs but some blame Joey amazing.

Every supporter at this club are duty bound to get right behind him because Joey will play at Wembley against Chelsea, remember his performance at Stamford Bridge he was solid, what I don't want to see is him become the new Hibbo, Ossie has that role

I trust him 100%, the guy is a very good central defender and a smashing servant to our club. People jumped on his back on Saturday because we got hit by a sucker punch for the first goal, why Joey got blamed is simple, he is becoming the new whipping boy which is ridiculous. Look at the goal, why doesn't anyone moan about Fellaini for not challenging for the ball when it went into their area, Joey nodded the ball back trying to restart that attack, his move was covered by Jags acting as sweeper. Robinho went off like a rocket with Jags affter him, he eventually puts the ball between Tims legs ffs but some blame Joey amazing.

Every supporter at this club are duty bound to get right behind him because Joey will play at Wembley against Chelsea, remember his performance at Stamford Bridge he was solid, what I don't want to see is him become the new Hibbo, Ossie has that role

yobo is an instinctive player. hes ok if he has to react quickly then yes he defends well and against chelsea he played will. but against those teams that will have 1 upfront for most of the game and leaves yobo with a bit of time on the ball. thats the problem. he will make unforced mistakes, the thinks he has all the time in the world on the ball went in fact the forwards will chase him down. and that just leaves me expecting a bad ball, or someone to close him down.

but as i sed chelsea will occupy him in the final so he sound have a good game.

I agree. Yobo has been a brilliant servant to this club and played all of last season, when he struck up a brilliant partnership with Jags which effectively kept Baines out of the team and we kept virtually a record number of clean sheets - more than we have done this season without him playing every week. Yobo was brilliant last year, he was our best centre back yet was unsung as usual. He has only played in fits and starts this season, at the beginning of the season he was carrying an injury and the whole team was suffering and playing poorly, when he played later on in the season we have hardly conceded a goal. As I highlighted in another thread the other day, Yobo on average, statistically, has kept a higher percentage of clean sheets and earned a higher percentage of points than either Jags or Lescott when he has played this season so he can't be doing too much wrong.

As sorry as I feel for Jags, I believe that when Yobo gets back to form he is the best centre back we have, he is lightning fast and the best header of the ball we have (Jags does struggle a bit in the air). We will be up against a powerhouse in Drogba and Yobo is the best suited to deal with him. Without Yobo this season we have struggled against big front men - Carew won every header (Villa scored goals for fun in each game), Crouch scored twice and Jags couldn't get near him etc. IF Yobo gets back to form then I think it may enhance our chances at Wembley. Yobo deserves to play at Wembley for his service to this club and his performances over a number of years, it may be bad luck for Jags but Yobo is brilliant and should not weaken our team one iota.

Guest efctaxi

Untill everyone got the Jags and Lescott fever , Yobo was our star defender .

I still believe he is a quality player , and under no circumstances would want to sell him . Come next season , we might just be asking ourselves if we can afford to put Jags back in the squad if Yobo hits form .

Football is funny like that . All swings and roundabouts .