IGNORED

Everton, All Time Losers!

Which team have lost the most league games since the premiership started?

DAM, DAM and double DAM, it's us :angry:

Everton have lost 251 games since the premiership began.

Followed by Spurs with 246.........Southampton with 219........ and Middlesborough with 218.

We have suffered this fate mainly by virtue of having been in the Prem since it started.

Scant consolation I say.

Big f'n deal. That's like coaches who have the most wins AND the most losses in their sport because they coached it for like fifty years. Absolute numbers mean nothing when you're comparing two teams over radically different spans of time. Try looking at each team's average number of losses per EPL season or their overall won-loss percentage...that'll provide a much more accurate picture of where we stand relative to everyone else.

And I am confident that when the statistics are looked at again in 5 years time we will be looking more healthy. This seasons is 3 years on the spin where we finish in the top 6 and if we can get 1 more league win this season, then once again we have achieved 60points. At some stage I have clearly had too much time on my hands, but the basic premise is that if you get 60 points you should qualify for Europe, 70points to have a shout at a CL place.

In terms of the stats, how about looking at things another way? There are only 7 teams that have been in the Premier League since it started (United, Villa, Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Everton). I think we all know that Arsenal & Everton have been in the top flight for the longest unbroken period (regardless of branding!). If Spurs win the race for 7th spot then this seasons top 7 reflects this.

Some other sides that were in the first season of the Premier League - Norwich, Southampton, Oldham, Leeds and Wimbledon (if Millwall or Scunthorpe win play-off this season then all those sides will be in the 3rd tier next season - if you refer to Wimbledon as MK Dons that is!).

It's probably just me, but kind of mildly interests me this kind of stuff!

It's probably just me, but kind of mildly interests me this kind of stuff!

Here's another take on it.

In the (nearly) seven seasons in which Davey's been in charge from the start we've lost fewer games than Spurs and Villa.....which means, far from being all time losers, we're actually the best in the league in that respect outside the top four.

(To save anyone else who's as sad as me the bother of adding it up, it's marginal. We've lost 89, Villa 90 and Spurs 94 :) )

Here's another take on it.

In the (nearly) seven seasons in which Davey's been in charge from the start we've lost fewer games than Spurs and Villa.....which means, far from being all time losers, we're actually the best in the league in that respect outside the top four.

(To save anyone else who's as sad as me the bother of adding it up, it's marginal. We've lost 89, Villa 90 and Spurs 94 :) )

Maybe my choice of title was a little cruel MikeO,"All time losers".....I'm sure we all agree that in possibly the last few seasons we are without a doubt, the best of the rest outside the money boys.

By the end of next season Spurs will be below us in that list, whilst our reputation will have grown :)