IGNORED

Right Or Left Mid Summer Target?

dmac

does anyone think we should be targeting a right sided midfielder this summer, or shift old Peanuts across and get a leftie in?

it would be a shame to break up the Baines/Pienaar partnership which has been working well of late, but as some people have previously commented on here a natural left footed player could work awesome with Bainesy.

how well do people think peanuts did on the right the other week? any potential in swapping him over there full time?

when did Pienaar play on the right..... just asking.....

IMO though If it aint broke dont fix it... Osman is the weak link... hes just not good enough to command a starting place... A good solid pacey right sided midfielder with good passing skills would fit in nicely.... All depends what is available though.....

I wouldnt say no to switching Peanuts if we could get some class in on the left....

I agree with the above, doing well as it is so no need to go dilly dallying.

Maybe off topic but whilst were talking about Pienaar (dosen't really deserve it's own thread)

Everton and South Africa midfielder Steven Pienaar is the latest Premier League footballer to return home from a match to find his home has been burgled. A 41-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of the crime but he has since been bailed. It is believed there were three white men involved in the robbery, according to witness statements. Multiple reports indicate that four-figure sums of money were taken from Pienaar's abode, together with various valuables, although no official record has been made of the losses suffered.

MORE

Guest efctaxi

I don't think it's just left or right , though our lack of threat on the right is in need of addressing .

We could do with more strength slap bang in the middle too , depending on our formation , be it defensive or attacking .

does anyone think we should be targeting a right sided midfielder this summer, or shift old Peanuts across and get a leftie in?

it would be a shame to break up the Baines/Pienaar partnership which has been working well of late, but as some people have previously commented on here a natural left footed player could work awesome with Bainesy.

how well do people think peanuts did on the right the other week? any potential in swapping him over there full time?

I think you can read a lot of topics on here that are highlighting wingers as a priority this summer... think it's got to be right back and right mid. If we could create as much down the right as we do down the left then we'll be moving to the next level in my opinion!

ive said before and ill say again, balance is always a big plus in any team. look at our defence, two lefties and two righties. perfect.

if we lack so much down the right, pienaar can fix that, but he cant counter attack on the lack with any pace as he is always turning back onto his right foot, if he could hit the ball early on the right side im positive it would create more goals. and the same from the left, two lefties on that flank would surely mean attacking quicker. but there arent many pacey lefties avaiable

The Baines, Pienaar thing hasn't really been going that long and yet we are raving about it on here.

Given more time together they could well go on to become something special.I'd like to see them left alone just in case it does.

I think the form of Jagielka and Pienaar of late has overshadowed the massive improvment in Baines.He and Pienaar work well.Get a right sided player in.

Right-mid all the way. Pienaar and Baines have built a good understanding and are looking better and better playing together. I'd keep that as it is and get someone in on the right side. If that someone can also play on the left, so much the better; we have cover, AND, we can switch it around during games.