IGNORED

Vote Pienaar

A tremendous season at English side Everton, Pienaar has fought, tackled, run his heart out and created numerous chances. His reward is a chance to become only the fifth South African to play in an FA Cup Final when The Toffees meet Chelsea on May 30.

Fifth! Bloody hell thought that there would be more than that, and I guess there would should Yakubu and Anichebe play. Joseph Yobo will also be featuring for the Africans out there, they sure have something to cheer about :lol:

I have cast my vote. Would be good to see him win it :king:

Guest efctaxi

Unusual to have to email the vote isn't it ?

Pienaar is quickly becoming one of Evertons best signings for some time .

The guy is growing every game , and thoroughly deserves any accolades bestowed upon him .

Class player indeed .

Fifth! Bloody hell thought that there would be more than that, and I guess there would should Yakubu and Anichebe play. Joseph Yobo will also be featuring for the Africans out there, they sure have something to cheer about :lol:

Yobo, Yak and Vic are Nigerians though dark, and the article is about South Africans...you need to pay more attention in geography ;) .

Personally I'm amazed that there have been as many as four previously....I can't think of any :huh: .

Edit: Found this..."After World War Two, a flurry of South African footballers left to play in England, almost all of them white, who were members of the racially-segregated national side."

"Bill Perry played for England and scored the winning goal in the famous 'Matthews' FA Cup final of 1953 when Blackpool came from behind to beat Bolton Wanderers 4-3."

So that's one.

"South African Albert Johanneson was the first black player to play in a FA Cup final for Leeds United in 1965."

Two.