IGNORED

25 Years To The Day.....

when Graeme Sharp and Andy Gray fired us to the FA Cup win against Watford. Can remember it like it was yesterday. Standing, almost at the vary back of the tunnel end, supping on smuggled in cans of Kestrel (yes it did exist) and trying to persuade an Arsenal fan standing next to me (his dad worked at Wembley and he got his ticket) to change allegiance. Happy days and here's to the same on the 30th May 2009. :D

Was a great day! Watford fans were sound as well, brilliant atmosphere.

Two standout memories (other than the obvious elation), really surprised when the second goal stood....thought for sure it was going to be disallowed....and quiet terror every time John Barnes got the ball, he was only twenty but he was their one real threat. Special player (until he went to Liverpool :P ).

I remember them playing Elton Johns guess thats why they call it the blues after the game, and a photo of him in tears in the following days papers, with the same headline.

Remember getting the Midnight train from Lime Street and getting a special Cup Final breakfast at about 6 o clock when we arrived in london, then the market pubs where open very early for the traders and market workers, done the usual site seeing and some more beer, same at the finish, into Trafalger Square swilling beer and making a fool of ourselves, and then the midnight train back to Liverpool totally shattered, It was indeed a good day out. :D

I just remember paying stupid prices for beer down south as I got pissed off my head, what a day but it wasn't as good as 66 as we were expected to win against Watford. I agree with Bill, they were a very good bunch of lads from Watford, great supporters

Edited by Jimmy the blue

I just remember paying stupid prices for beer down south as I got pissed off my head...

Lived and worked in Wimbledon for a long time Jim and my work local was on the walk from the tube to Plough Lane. Every Saturday lunchtime when there was a game on against a Northern team it was the same chorus of disbelief at the price of a pint :lol: .

And every time I came up to Liverpool I thought I was getting too much change :D .

Is the price differential still there?

Lived and worked in Wimbledon for a long time Jim and my work local was on the walk from the tube to Plough Lane. Every Saturday lunchtime when there was a game on against a Northern team it was the same chorus of disbelief at the price of a pint :lol: .

And every time I came up to Liverpool I thought I was getting too much change :D .

Is the price differential still there?

I stayed with a mate and his wife in Southend when I was doing a job down there, Paul, my mate took me to a local pub , the Cricketers, and I was given a menu list to choose what ale I wanted.......................the daft bastards didn't know what a brown mixed was, unfortunately that has spread up here now. the times they are a changing :angry::D

I remember them playing Elton Johns guess thats why they call it the blues after the game, and a photo of him in tears in the following days papers, with the same headline.

Remember getting the Midnight train from Lime Street and getting a special Cup Final breakfast at about 6 o clock when we arrived in london, then the market pubs where open very early for the traders and market workers, done the usual site seeing and some more beer, same at the finish, into Trafalger Square swilling beer and making a fool of ourselves, and then the midnight train back to Liverpool totally shattered, It was indeed a good day out. :D

Bill, was that you next to me IN the fountain then? :D

ATB

Mac