IGNORED

Summer Transfer Strategy

A caller who'd just been to the West Brom game said on 606: 'We're a one man team'. Lawro asks 'whose that'. The caller answers 'We haven't signed him yet'.

This is perhaps a tad bit unfair to Arteta but it does perhaps show the disillusionment around the club at present. Moyes has to change this fast. He can start immediately by having a pro-active transfer policy that starts straight away as soon as the window opens. There have been too many last minute deadline situations. Transfers need to be completed early summer before the world cup. Using the world cup as a 'window' does not really work in my view. There have been loads of instances of players shining at a tournament and then turing out to be crap. Look at the deal Gary Breen got after a few good performances for Ireland. I know we have little money, I know players, agents, managers go on holiday etc. but I still think we could sharpen up in this area. The start we had last season has to be avoided this August.

Sadly adam I think the plan will be mince around for the summer state who we want to buy let every one else bid for them. Then make a joke bid for a top quality player that we can't afford

and maybe on the last day of the transfer window resign weir and ferg whilst picking up a couple of extra players

Guest fozzie22
Sadly adam I think the plan will be mince around for the summer state who we want to buy let every one else bid for them. Then make a joke bid for a top quality player that we can't afford

and maybe on the last day of the transfer window resign weir and ferg whilst picking up a couple of extra players

Sounds like a plan.

Get BK and DM on the phone right now,oh wait that IS the plan