IGNORED

No Beattie Or Neville

Not for not taking Beattie but I beleive that Neville should have been picked

Taking an untried 18 year old in Theo and yet doesn't take Beattie, Defoe or Bent.

Taking Hargreves

Edited by Adam

What on earth is going on.

He has only picked 4 strikers - Rooney who in my opinion is not going to be able to kick a ball in the whole of the tournement and Owen, who is touch and go to be injury free and is definately not going to be match fit.

If the first game was tommorow we would have Crouch and Walcott starting and no striker on the bench.

So what does Sven do - bring in Hargreaves, Jenas and Lennon.

Oh well at least he has Reo Coker, Defoe and Andy Johnson in reserve.

Were is Phil Neville in place of Ledley King?, Hargreaves ahead of our Phil or even Scott Parker, he's having a laugh

and were is Wright-Phillips not even in reserve?

Given the current striker situation, you have a 5th in your first 23 - especially if you are taking a 17 year old Rookie in Walcott. I just hope Walcott is as good as everyone is making out.

This squad is either going to be a stroke of genius, but in my opinion the odds on England winning have lengthened this afternoon.

I have a feeling that the other teams in the tournament that we are favs to win it with (Brazil) are laughing at the squad that he has named.

The teams we are playing in the groups must now be expecting to beat us.

Can see us going out in the group stages here.

It is beyond a joke.

Agreed Sven is scum, but to suggest he's not bothered if we win it or not is utter nonsense imo. Every manager wants to win the World Cup, I look it at our chances this way, Sven needs to win the World Cup to ensure he gets a high rep manager job next year. If we do crap this year who on earth will want to take on Sven with all those scandals?

Anyway, the squad isn't what anyone expected and to pick Walcott is just mind boggling, is it because he now plays for Arsenal? Most probabaly. Well in fact has he actually got a game for them yet? :blink:

The only two fit strikers...a lanky piss and a young untried at top level striker...take it we're gonna be relying on Lampard to get our goals then?

its pathetic. no king or wright phillips? and defoe on the bench? makes no sense whatsoever. that squad is on a suicide mission and will be kicked out humiliatingly in the group stages. another crappy campaign for england. ive had enough of this swedish wanker. thank god hes goin

I still can't get over it.

I have no problem at all with the Walcott inclusion, but not as the four striker behind a crocked Owen and Rooney.

Walcott has the potential to be a gem of a secret weapon, and there is value in having him in the squad - I have seen hardly seen anything of the lad, so I would guess the other international coaches have seen even less. Theo who???

He should have squeezed an extra striker in at the expence of one of the fringe midfeilders/defenders and brought in our Phil who can cover as a defensive midfeilder and anywhere across the back if need must- Phil has a wealth of European and international experience, and really could have allowed Sven to take the Walcott gamble a little more economically with respect to the rest of the squad and cover.

Four strikers, two of which are injured, a lanky bean pole who has been booed in his England games, and the secret weapon Rookie. Madness

well in the 3 world cups and 2 euro championships i remember. this is an absolute diabolical squad.

we have 2 injured strikers one hasnt even played for arsenal and peter crouch is just plain shite.

hargreaves is absolute shite and IMO should be replaced with a player like parker or neville.

and as for leaving neville (phil) out the squad is just plain stupid. he has reliably played consistantly well throughout this season in alot of positions especially right back and holding midfield.

well as im anoyed BT isnt in the squad he is overshadowed by darren bent who should be in the world cup squad.

I think I'm in shock.

Agree with RuffRob, Walcott as secret weapon, but as your 5th striker, if the rest are all fit and ready to go, not in the situation we're in at the minute.

So now, if Rooney and Owen aren't quite ready, we have plan 'B' "he'll surprise them" Crouch as our main striker ?!

So if he gets injured in the first game, we have Walcott, and maybe Joe Cole as a stand in, with no cover whatsoever !!

beggars belief.........

And Sven get's paid how much?

I have to admit, I thought the whole getting rid of Sven thing was a big mistake. Had nothing to do with football, and he didn't say anything anyone else wasn't saying/thinking anyway. anywa

But I'm baffled by this squad selection. He may prove me (and by the look of it, everyone else) wrong and win the thing, but I'm not sure we'll get out of the group phase now.

Could it be that having been stitched up, and leaving after the tournament anyway, his loyalty to Sweden now outwieghs the loyalty to our team. (Can't say I'd blame him mind).

If nothing else, I dare say he'll be earning some of his dosh having to deal with the press over this one.

I cannot understand this squad selection in general, but Hargreaves is an absolute f*cking mystery. All I can think of is young Owen must be a mason and so is Sven and so is Crouch F*ck it.

I was really optomistic about this tournament two weeks ago, now I feel we are the laughing stock of the football world.

ATB

Mac

Must say I am VERY happy about the England selection.

But then I am Welsh.

:lol:

BTW, this squad has 451 written all over it. Crouch up top with Joe Cole behind him maybe?

-----Robinson------

Neville---terry----carra---a cole

---------------Hargreaves-----

Beckham---Gerrard---Chumpard---downing/Cole

-------------Crouch---------

Theo Walcott over Defoe, Bent, Andy Johnson, Beattie and Vassell? :lol: Lennon over SWP?! Svens an idiot.

Guest fozzie22

Why the surprise?

Niether are good enough for england so why would he take them..

I said all along that only 4 strikers would go....Link

But then again what do i know... :P

:lol:

BTW, this squad has 451 written all over it. Crouch up top with Joe Cole behind him maybe?

-----Robinson------

Neville---terry----carra---a cole

---------------Hargreaves-----

Beckham---Gerrard---Chumpard---downing/Cole

-------------Crouch---------

Theo Walcott over Defoe, Bent, Andy Johnson, Beattie and Vassell? :lol: Lennon over SWP?! Svens an idiot.

Your teams ok but for Hargreaves and Downing, should be Carrick and Cole if Rooney And Owen dont make it.

Lennon will play in some games, but i cant see Downing ever getting on the pitch. Dont know why he didnt name another striker.

I am not suprised Neville and Beattie were over looked to be honest we all know you have to play for one of the fashionable clubs to get picked looked at Neville regular in the england squad when at Utd yet not a regular in the Utd team... Add to this the fact that Sven loved Hargreeves, Neville didnt have a chance and must be gutted. Beattie I would imagine expected it as most of us did. McClaren obviously made Sven include Downing, given that Lennon can play down the left his inclusion suprises me, would have went for Defoe myself here. I am happy Lennon got in ahead of SWP as he had played very well this season and SWP hasnt played much. Theo's inclusion is a somewhat suprised but Wenger hinted at it on the weekend and they say he could be used in the European Cup final. He is different yes he hasnt played for Arsenal this season but I would say if they had secured champ league earlier he would have been involved. He is an unknown by the world and could be teh suprise of the tournament. Time will tell about Svens selection I have mixed feelings about this squad but I have faith in Svens selection.

sorry sven, but uncapped players do not go to a world cup! talk about takin risks! Defoe must be wonderin what hes done wrong?

with this team id go with downing on the left with joe cole in the rooney role, but i fear crouch will come straight in for rooney.

if i see the bean pole start a world cup game im following trinidad!

Your teams ok but for Hargreaves and Downing,  should be Carrick and Cole if Rooney And Owen dont make it. 

Lennon will play in some games, but i cant see Downing ever getting on the pitch. Dont know why he didnt name another striker.

I get your point, Licker. But Carrick does not have the obedience to sit in front of the defence for 90 minutes. If Lampard and Gerrard are given aggressive roles, there is a serious need for a defensive midfielder who'd sit in front of the defence and cut out the space behind them.(Also, Carrick does not have the big match international experience). My first choice would have been Scott Parker, but he seems to be injured.

On Downing, i'd prefer a left footed player who can cross on the left. Dont like Cole cutting in all the time. But Joe cole has done a great job for England on the left, so i guess i wont have any problems playing him.

Yeah, you're right. He should have named another striker, in place of Downing.