• Tim Cahill
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Louis Saha
    • James Vaughan
    • Lars Jacobsen
    • Dan Gosling

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Pienaar 239

Jagielka 229

Fellaini 200

Baines 183

Arteta 164

Cahill 139

Osman 126

Neville 122

Saha 68

Howard 66

Lescott 57

João Alves Jô 40

Rodwell 36

Gosling 29

Castillo 28

Yobo 23

Anichebe 21

Baadhi 17

Hibbert 17

Vaughan 11

Yakubu 10

Van der Meyde 10

Jacobsen 5

Baxter 4

Valente 2

MOTM winners....

Blackburn (H)...Mikel Arteta

West Brom (A)...Leon Osman

Portsmouth (H)...Leighton Baines

Stoke City (A)...Tim Cahill

Standard Liege (H)...Segundo Castillo

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (A)...Louis Saha

Liverpool (H)...Phil Jagielka

Standard Liege (A)...Phil Jagielka

Newcastle (H)...Leighton Baines

Arsenal (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Manchester United (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Bolton (A)...Marouane Fellaini

Fulham (H)...Phil Jagielka

West Ham (A)...Louis Saha

Middlesbrough (H)...Phil Neville

Wigan (A)...Tim Howard

Spurs (A)...Phil Jagielka

Aston Villa (H)...Joleon Lescott

Man City (A)...Tim Cahill

Chelsea (H)...Leon Osman

Middlesbrough (A)...Mikel Arteta

Sunderland (H)...Mikel Arteta

Macclesfield (A)...Leighton Baines

Hull (A)...Mikel Arteta

Liverpool (A-league)...Leighton Baines

Liverpool (A-Cup)...Phil Jagielka

Arsenal (H)...Tim Cahill

Manchester United (A)...Tim Howard

Liverpool (H-Cup replay)...Phil Jagielka

Bolton (H)...João Alves Jô

Aston Villa (H)...Mikel Arteta

Newcastle (A)...Jack Rodwell

West Brom (H)...Steven Pienaar

Blackburn (A)...Phil Neville

Middlesbrough (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Stoke City (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Portsmouth (A)...Leighton Baines

Wigan (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (A)...Steven Pienaar

Manchester United (Wembley)...Phil Neville

Chelsea (A)...Leighton Baines

Manchester City (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Sunderland (A)...Steven Pienaar

Spurs (H)...Steven Pienaar & Joseph Yobo (Tied)

West Ham (H)...Steven Pienaar

Fulham (A)...Leon Osman

Has to be between Captain Nev and Bainesy, i'll give them half a point each.

Pienaar had another good game but he needs Arteta back in the side to help him out, he's just beginning to suffer from burnout.

Happy holidays lads and come back ready for Europe. :)

There wasn't really one who stood out ... they were all bad!

Fellaini was one of the few who could keep the ball in possesion and do something with it, but he couldn't give Everton that something extra ... Everton was dominated in midfield ... Neville and Fellaini just couldn't cope with Chelsea's 3 man midfield.

Pienaar look lively as always but lost a lot of balls, as almost everyone else ...

I think I'll go for the man who played an outstanding season overall ... Neville.

There wasn't really one who stood out ... they were all bad!

Fellaini was one of the few who could keep the ball in possesion and do something with it, but he couldn't give Everton that something extra ... Everton was dominated in midfield ... Neville and Fellaini just couldn't cope with Chelsea's 3 man midfield.

Pienaar look lively as always but lost a lot of balls, as almost everyone else ...

I think I'll go for the man who played an outstanding season overall ... Neville.

Pretty much agree with what was said there, apart from I don't think we was bad, just outplayed. Neville for me, top captains display.

Edited by dark

Guest efctaxi

Fellaini by a country mile .

Most composed guy on the pitch .

What happened to the link up between Baines and Pienaar that we've seen all season ? :huh:

We sat back from the 2nd minute so no control in midfield .

Can't believe Lampard fell , and still had time to score . Howard stands too far from the goal line when the ball is outside the box . Needs to work on that .

Nev for me. Fantastic captains preformance and made some amazing tackles. unlucky to get booked!

Im gutted but i was really gutted for him. He only has a few years left of playing and i really wanted this for him. You could see it hurt him but hopefully it will make them all stronger!

Well, I think it was a game to far for us. The players gave everything in true Everton style and I love them for it, and am proud of each and everyone of them.

I cant help but think that Pienaar, and Osman were carrying injuries, if they had been fully fit who knows. If we had had the Yak, Arteta and Jags fit and playing I think we would have won. Next season bodes well once we have them back fit and playing again.

One things for damn sure Cashly and Malouda retired Hibbo today. True Blue but just not good enough at this level.

Lets see what the summer brings, I hope a fully recoverd Arteta, Yak and Jags. A new Right Winger and Right Back and Loan striker (Jo) or Owen would do us nicley!

COYB

i gave it to saha for the goal, but i didn't see any of the evertonians shine today.

i thought hibbert wasn't doing that bad. i was convinced osman would be the first to get a substitution. thought rodwell might of balanced things out in the midfield.

We coped fantasticly troughout the season withouth some of our best players. But for this one we needed our best squad.

The only guy who looked dangerous for us was Saha in my opinion, very dissapointing team display, needless to say im gutted. Chelsea were not that much better and barely done enough to win.

On the other hand, very good season on the whole when considering the injuries weve had and we should hopefully strengthen in the summer for another crack at the top 4 next season.

fellaini played well, but i gave ti to lescott, he was pretty solid at the back today, should have closed lampard down, but i think they were xpecting a freekick (play to the whistle i know)

we were lucky today, it should have been 3-1 and they could have had a penalty (lampard was very unlucky to get booked)

still had a great day out, sunburnt real bad, one lad got thrown out the back of a coach infront of us, looked in a bad way, hope hes ok.

and finally, we made more noise at the final whistle than the chelsea fans did when they lifted the cup!

Big Mo' for me. Classy performance. I was disapointed with Neville to be honest. He put a few silly passes astray and should have picked up Lampard for there second. He wasn't bad but I would not give him MOTM. It was a surprising performance from him considering his form this year.

Osman and Hibbert, as Jimmy suggest, should however be shot. Osman in particual. DIdn't look interestd and gave no cover at all in defence.

Guest efctaxi
fellaini played well, but i gave ti to lescott, he was pretty solid at the back today, should have closed lampard down, but i think they were xpecting a freekick (play to the whistle i know)

we were lucky today, it should have been 3-1 and they could have had a penalty (lampard was very unlucky to get booked)

still had a great day out, sunburnt real bad, one lad got thrown out the back of a coach infront of us, looked in a bad way, hope hes ok.

and finally, we made more noise at the final whistle than the chelsea fans did when they lifted the cup!

Does he have post match constipation ? :D

You haven't been to bed have you Steve :lol:

Guest efctaxi
Big Mo' for me. Classy performance. I was disapointed with Neville to be honest. He put a few silly passes astray and should have picked up Lampard for there second. He wasn't bad but I would not give him MOTM. It was a surprising performance from him considering his form this year.

Osman and Hibbert, as Jimmy suggest, should however be shot. Osman in particual. DIdn't look interestd and gave no cover at all in defence.

I agree .

On more than one occasion , he passed across field seemingly unable to notice a Chelsea player between himself and his intended recipient .

The back line showed no responsibility with the ball , and wanted to give it to someone else too easily . Neville should have bollocked them for it , but it would have been a bit hypocritical , as he was doing the same .

I really can't see how he has been given motm votes on this occasion .

²

first half of fellaini was the best he has played this season .. he won that header against alex for the assist to Saha and was very composed on the ball ... finally showed his good feet with good passing and nice flick ons ... but there was noone to back him up.. I wouldn't have taken him away from his offensive midfield position at halftime, instead would have brought on Rodwell for Osman, and Gosling for Hibbert, with Neville moving to RB.. I feel like Moyes neutralized our best player..

also fellaini ran is ass off today and only committed one foul that was silly.

baines-pienaar linkup play didn't go very well because bosingwa is too fast .. baines coming over the top in the back of the defense never worked because bosingwa closed him down ..

Essien should at least got a yellow card for that vicious tackle on the knees of big Mo.. I guess he sensed he was being outplayed.

Hibbert was atrocious .. I don't mind if he doesn't have the talent , we knew that, but at the very least you have to put in the EFFORT.. it's ok to join the attack but if it doesn't work out you have to sprint back to mark your man.... I saw him jogging back three times today giving malouda a big lead ... also on that first goal, he was just hanging around in the box instead of closing out on malouda.. all his crosses were also very poor, maybe it was too hot for him on the day (at least I hope that's the excuse) ... we absolutely need a new right flank.

So when will the admins give some sort of wrap up of MOTM ? And when will you close this vote and announce the MOTM winner in cup final?

Should have been done by now but I was hoping for a quote from the winner (we had one from Lescott last year).

The club haven't responded this time though sadly so I'll wrap it up over the next day or so :) .