IGNORED

Who Believes That Fellaini Will Be A Pl Leading Scorer In 2-3 Years?

I was watching a few Standard Liege games, dating back to when he played for them.

He'd go up for every free kick, every corner etc, for the fans to roar and the opposition to mark him like crazy. He was notorious for his jumping and his head. In the end though, in his season, he only ended up with 8 goals. He has 9 goals in 30 for Everton, a much better ratio.

This has been from the delivery of Pienaar, Baines, Osman, Cahill (in FA cup) and hoofballs from Hibbert/Jagielka

Imagine how much more he'd score if Arteta was fit, or hell, hypothetically and jokingly speaking, imagine how he'd handle a Beckham cross. :lol::rolleyes:

I think that if Fellaini is given the perfect ball, balls not from Hibbert/Osman but from Arteta etc, he's going to beat his defender every time. That is quite a trait, and I think he will be leading the table and challenging the golden boot in coming years. Especially if we do end up with a LW/RW with a bang of a cross on him.

What do you think? The potential, in my opinion, shines back like lightning.

Edit: This may be a stupid thread but don't mind me; quivering and excited, I can't contain myself for the final.

Edited by `Moe Joe.

He could score a few goals yes, but I doubt that he would ever become an overall top scorer. With strikers such as Rooney and Adabayor (names off the top of my head) scoring week in and week out I don't think that he would be able to keep up with them. He could do well for us and put in some high numbers but I really can't imagine him challenging the big boys.

Guest efctaxi

He wasn't bought to score goals , but to run the middle .

The return in goals this year has been a blessing though . He has had a great season in retrospect , and when he has been good , he really has been good .

Edited by efctaxi

if he continues to play in a cahill role then yes maybe in a few years but i dont think so as he wasnt bought for that and eventually will take over the neville role. however if we do get alot of corners and free kicks and as you say have arteta sendin them in then even from there he could be scorin 15 a season from headers and im sure he could work on his long shots!

He is not just a goal scorer, he has alot more than that to his game, like cahill he has great positioning and timing in the box, but he also has fast feet a good pass and he's also gettting good at tackling.

I belive a fair few teams will want him in a few years so lets hope he likes it here.

He is not just a goal scorer, he has alot more than that to his game, like cahill he has great positioning and timing in the box, but he also has fast feet a good pass and he's also gettting good at tackling.

I belive a fair few teams will want him in a few years so lets hope he likes it here.

Extremely useful with 7-10 goals a season, but not a natural striker imo. We did miss his physical impact on a couple of occasions this season, we'd have had the title secured much earlier (bloody play-offs, thought my heart was going to burst) with him in the side. From what I saw on MOTD, he has vastly improved. He had hardly anything left to learn here, so fair play to him. And David Moyes was certainly the best manager (bar Wenger? No, don't shoot me!) for him