IGNORED

Fabian Delph

1 hour ago, StevO said:

I’d rather not, but I thought the same about Barry. 

Barry was actually a very good player though. Delph was bought by city to make up English player numbers. I can see West Ham going for him, or another mid level team looking for stability. He’s not a player to improve us at all. 

I watched a lot of City last year so that included Delph when he was stepping in at DM or LB. I almost got to the stage of thinking he wasnt as bad as I rememberred but he then he would just make mistake after mistake. Even with Peps coaching he is still a "dumb" footballer with poor concentration levels and I expect his wages would be disproportionately high for someone of his ability.

12 hours ago, pete0 said:

There's better out there but he offers more in midfield than Gana and a better back up to Digne that Baines. Okay stopgap if the price is right. 

He's had 169 prem games and scored 7 goals and 8 assists.... 26% shot accuracy, 450 accurate long passes, 72% tackle success with 369 made, errors leading to goal 4

Gana... 135 games, 3 goals, 4 assists, 22% shot acvuracy, 366 accurate long passes, 72% tackle success with 538 made, errors leading to goal 1

Any excuse to have a dig at Gana eh....

As it happens I like Delph. For the same reasons I like Gana. Athletic, gets stuck in, team player.

You will probably hate him.... you need to calibrate your early shout in order to maybe avoid the hypocrite shouts if he does join and you decide to like him. 

I could see Walsh proudly parading him out to Goodison, arm over Fabian's shoulder, a smile ear to ear, a proud speech about buying players in there prime to push the club up the table as he signs a 100k a week 5 year contract.

Luckily that ain't going to happen with Brands at the helm :)

next rumour please 

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

He's had 169 prem games and scored 7 goals and 8 assists.... 26% shot accuracy, 450 accurate long passes, 72% tackle success with 369 made, errors leading to goal 4

Gana... 135 games, 3 goals, 4 assists, 22% shot acvuracy, 366 accurate long passes, 72% tackle success with 538 made, errors leading to goal 1

As it happens I like Delph. For the same reasons I like Gana. Athletic, gets stuck in, team player.

You will probably hate him.... you need to calibrate your early shout in order to maybe avoid the hypocrite shouts if he does join and you decide to like him. 

Strangely I like Delph for pretty much for the same reasons as you Haf, he can put his foot in and doesn’t pull out of challenges and he’s got a naughty side to him which McCarthy had, he’s got a decent touch when in possession and good pass and quite a decent long range shot. 

I was quite surprised when most people posted that they didn’t rate him. 

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

No idea what you're chatting here. 

His two seasons in midfield for Villa he got 0:4 and 3:3. He's only been a bit part squad player for city and over his 4 years there he's played roughly 38 full games worth and got 3:4.

Find it disgusting how you constantly try to bend statistics, look at his minutes which is the stat I used as it's more comparable, but I'm sure you did but you're just manipulative. 

As for gana he's not a team player, he doesn't get stuck in. He doesn't bust a gut and his tackles lack conviction. Athletism is all he's got, he should be a long distance runner as he can't kick a ball properly or read the game. 

14 hours ago, pete0 said:

As for gana he's not a team player, he doesn't get stuck in. He doesn't bust a gut and his tackles lack conviction. Athletism is all he's got, he should be a long distance runner as he can't kick a ball properly or read the game. 

That’ll be why Ganas team mates voted him player of the year then and he’s got some of the best defensive stats around  

talk about bending facts, you’re fucking Uri Gellar on this topic

56 minutes ago, Matt said:

That’ll be why Ganas team mates voted him player of the year then and he’s got some of the best defensive stats around  

talk about bending facts, you’re fucking Uri Gellar on this topic

You see him busting a gut to get back? Nope, he's not a team player. 

What stats are those.. Most tackles? The team would be better off with him holding position rather than being a ball magnet in search for a gold star for having the most tackles, see the West Ham goals we conceded. 

There is a pause as Alonso reaches, again, the crux of the issue. A single English word he returns to that, unpacked, analysed and investigated, explains much. "I don't think tackling is a quality," he says. "It is a recurso, something you have to resort to, not a characteristic of your game. At Liverpool I used to read the matchday programme and you'd read an interview with a lad from the youth team. They'd ask: age, heroes, strong points, etc. He'd reply: 'Shooting and tackling'. I can't get into my head that football development would educate tackling as a quality, something to learn, to teach, a characteristic of your play. How can that be a way of seeing the game? I just don't understand football in those terms. Tackling is a [last] resort, and you will need it, but it isn't a quality to aspire to, a definition. It's hard to change because it's so rooted in the English football culture, but I don't understand it."

... Technique is vital and intelligence is fundamental. You need players who interpret the play, who can adapt and do not just have one concrete skill or characteristic.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/nov/11/xabi-alonso-spain-england-interview 

On one occasion I went sliding in to Dimitar Berbatov (I honestly thought I could win the ball) and afterwards the look on his face was one of total pity for me. He seemed saddened by the fact I had to resort to this, either because I wasn't as good as him or my football education was so flawed. Actually I think it was both.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/global/blog/2012/jan/13/the-secret-footballer-tackle-obsession

Wonder how often Gana gets the look of shame? 

And the most famous one, 

Paolo Maldini - "If I have to make a tackle then I have already made a mistake."

Note Maldini averaged 0.5 tackles per game and is considered to be one of footballs best defenders. 

Fuck it, one more, Vidic, one of the best premier league defenders. 

“How do you tackle a player who’s shielding the ball in front of you? Tackle him in the knee! And before you do that, punch him in the stomach! But seriously, you have to decide what to do, and that depends on what position you are in. It depends on how far ahead of you they are, how good they are on the ball, and sometimes on whether they have a reputation for falling over easily. If there is cover, you can go and get the ball. If not, you should stay behind him. Don’t dive in because if you miss the ball, he’s through on goal.”
Read more at 

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/skills/nemanja-vidic-tackle-any-threat

Does Gana make those considerations, nope, he just drives straight at the ball and hopes for the best giving away silly freekick or leaving us exposed if he doesn't win the ball. 

17 hours ago, pete0 said:

No idea what you're chatting here. 

His two seasons in midfield for Villa he got 0:4 and 3:3. He's only been a bit part squad player for city and over his 4 years there he's played roughly 38 full games worth and got 3:4.

Find it disgusting how you constantly try to bend statistics, look at his minutes which is the stat I used as it's more comparable, but I'm sure you did but you're just manipulative. 

You just chat shit mate.... no wonder stats disgust you when they prove you chat shit.  

You are so heavily invested in protecting your ego by slating Gana and looking for any justification to do so has become a joke. 

It's like watching a liar try and wriggle out of stuff by telling more lies. 

Vidic was a centre half, maldini a full back, Alonso a deep lying midfielder.....

Gana isn't any of them.... his role is to press and hunt the ball. If he wasn't doing the job he was told to do he wouldn't get picked. Do you honestly think his last 3 managers at Everton told him to "don't tackle, tackling means you have made a mistake".....  maybe Marco Silva isn't the right man to manage us.... maybe it should be you.  Maybe you should be managing PSG instead of Tuchel... clearly he's one of these clowns who thinks Gana is a good player and £30m should be spent on a 30 year old......

Give it up lad. It's beyond sad now. 

Intelligent, works hard for the team as well as versitile. I dont see him being first choice on the team sheet, but siging him means we have cover for Gana and also Digne. I think it would be a good signing as long as his wages wern't too high.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

You just chat shit mate.... no wonder stats disgust you when they prove you chat shit.  

You are so heavily invested in protecting your ego by slating Gana and looking for any justification to do so has become a joke. 

It's like watching a liar try and wriggle out of stuff by telling more lies. 

Vidic was a centre half, maldini a full back, Alonso a deep lying midfielder.....

Gana isn't any of them.... his role is to press and hunt the ball. If he wasn't doing the job he was told to do he wouldn't get picked. Do you honestly think his last 3 managers at Everton told him to "don't tackle, tackling means you have made a mistake".....  maybe Marco Silva isn't the right man to manage us.... maybe it should be you.  Maybe you should be managing PSG instead of Tuchel... clearly he's one of these clowns who thinks Gana is a good player and £30m should be spent on a 30 year old......

Give it up lad. It's beyond sad now. 

So you've got no actual argument otherwise reading between the lines. 

More projection as well with the liar comment. I've made mistakes but never lied. Horrible trait.

14 minutes ago, pete0 said:

So in every position you need to have awareness except centre midfield? Are you serious? It's the position you need it most and why we with 8 better first team players stood still in the league. Centre mid is the crux of any team. Look at the top 6 players in his position and he's miles away. 

Regardless of what you think of Gana, it's a weak point to use our position in the table as part of an argument against him. We were clearly playing at a high level over the last 2 or 3 months of the season and that happened with Idrissa in the team.