14 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

Fuck off pete 

Take that as none then? 

If Gana was here the only difference would be we'd have conceded more. 

Signs were there even in our good spell. Any team that put up a fight got a result. In general the chances we create are poor and few and fair between with a couple of lacklustre performances from the opposition making us flatter to deceive. Everything is down the wing and Gylfi is mostly anonymous and we're easily exploited down our wings and Keane well being Keane. 

We've had 9 goals put past us by bottom half teams yet people are moaning about the young strikers who've been given next to nothing service wise. No other manager has ever had such an easy ride as Silva, crazy considering he's not even got a reputation to point to or showed any signs of note to explain why he's still in a job. His subs make Walter Smith look like a tactical genius. 

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

Yes he’s been recalled.

Weird one. Let’s hope Southgate is getting rid of this shite 2 holding midfielders lark. You especially don’t need it at international levels where the build up is so slow. Just play rice holding 

Seems you only have to have one good game nowadays to get an England call up. Look at that young United defender, I hadn't even heard of him before Monday night and now he's in the squad. How many good players from the 80s and 90s didn't even get a look in because the competition for places was that strong. 

3 hours ago, JimmytheJimster said:

Seems you only have to have one good game nowadays to get an England call up. Look at that young United defender, I hadn't even heard of him before Monday night and now he's in the squad. How many good players from the 80s and 90s didn't even get a look in because the competition for places was that strong. 

I'm not sure who you are referring to (Tomori?) but generally speaking I agree. Our only world class players now are Kane and Sterling. 

9 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I'm not sure who you are referring to (Tomori?) but generally speaking I agree. Our only world class players now are Kane and Sterling. 

I would include Walker in that too, but he’s out anyway. 

5 hours ago, Bailey said:

Yeh I would have as well. I can only guess that he has been dropped because of his age? 

Southgate says Alexander Arnold and Tripper are in better form. Can’t argue with him really, tough choice between those three. 

4 hours ago, Bailey said:

Yeh I would have as well. I can only guess that he has been dropped because of his age? 

He’s 29! 😫 England are blessed at right back but he is still quality and so fucking quick. Centre backs and a number 10 is where we are lacking 

3 hours ago, StevO said:

Southgate says Alexander Arnold and Tripper are in better form. Can’t argue with him really, tough choice between those three. 

Really? I think it's probably more a case that one's plays alongside VVD or in the most defensive team in the Spanish league and the other is playing alongside a mad man and a midfielder.

Unless Trippier has improved a lot for going to Madrid I suppose?

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

He’s 29! 😫 England are blessed at right back but he is still quality and so fucking quick. Centre backs and a number 10 is where we are lacking 

Hahaha I presumed he was well into his early 30's 😂

Left back, centre backs, all the midfield I would say. Loaded in the front 3 though!

13 hours ago, Bailey said:

Really? I think it's probably more a case that one's plays alongside VVD or in the most defensive team in the Spanish league and the other is playing alongside a mad man and a midfielder.

Unless Trippier has improved a lot for going to Madrid I suppose?

That made me laugh 😂

it is what he said though, and that Walker is more of a defensive full back than the other two and he wanted to be more offensive. 

I think he has been ok. He does his job very well. But people are expecting something different from him, attacking play, assists ect. 

He defends that line in front of the defenders well and moves the ball on. Our problem is that it stops there. We have zero creativity.

Funnily enough, we have less creativity now than when we had another certain mid playing for us.

8 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think he has been ok. He does his job very well. But people are expecting something different from him, attacking play, assists ect. 

He defends that line in front of the defenders well and moves the ball on. Our problem is that it stops there. We have zero creativity.

Funnily enough, we have less creativity now than when we had another certain mid playing for us.

I'd say creativity is marginally up with Iwobi offering a bit more. Biggest problem attacking wise is the tactics. 

Only difference without him is that we're not conceding clear chances through the middle every game. 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I think iwobi centrally is the future. Granted not so good out wide 

I'd still rather see us play 4-3-3 long term. And that means no 'number 10'. So Iwobi either has to learn to play deeper or suck it up and play wide in a front 3, which he looked like he was sulking about on Sunday. 

We bought iwobi to play wide as he has been at the arse so I don’t see from his body language he was sulking. I just think we have stumbled upon his best position. Saying that under silva 18 months in he doesn’t know his best eleven or formation. 

25 minutes ago, nogs said:

I'd still rather see us play 4-3-3 long term. And that means no 'number 10'. So Iwobi either has to learn to play deeper or suck it up and play wide in a front 3, which he looked like he was sulking about on Sunday. 

agreed.  the fullbacks we have suit a 433, they run up and down the flanks and are able to sling in crosses.  richarlison/walcott/bernard have pace and are able to stretch the defense and can attack from the flanks and makes runs into the box.  Kean and DCL have pace as well.  Davies delph gbamin gomes are all suited to playing a midfield 3.  gbamin the busquests sitter role and delph/davies/gomes play the 2 other more advanced spots (inverted triangle ala barca).  the players we have suit the 433 better than the 4231 we used to play.

14 hours ago, Shukes said:

I think he has done alright. Certainly better than I expected. The role he played against Spurs was perfect for him. 

I do find it strange that "another certain mid" wasn't played in the same role as it would have been absolutely perfect for him to. 

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I think he has done alright. Certainly better than I expected. The role he played against Spurs was perfect for him. 

I do find it strange that "another certain mid" wasn't played in the same role as it would have been absolutely perfect for him to. 

Seeing as he’s injured, again, he’s meeting my expectations perfectly. 

59 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Seeing as he’s injured, again, he’s meeting my expectations perfectly. 

😂

Has it been confirmed? I saw him hobbling around at the end of the game but wasn't sure if it was cramp? 

Mina was the same as well.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

😂

Has it been confirmed? I saw him hobbling around at the end of the game but wasn't sure if it was cramp? 

Mina was the same as well.

He didn’t train today. Hamstring. 

Mina was hobbling at various times throughout the game. His knee definitely isn’t 100%. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

Many said he was constantly out at City due to injuries, so no surprise he’s spent more time this season injured than not. 
Could turn out to be another load of money flushed down the shit hole with nothing to show for it. 
Typical Everton. 

this is why i didn't want him here, decent player but james mccarthy-esque in his fitness

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Would have preferred to keep McCarthy. 

I don't think so Pete if you look at his record you wouldn't want him back......

Palace this season, In the squad 12 times, made the starting eleven once, then his time in minutes on the field for every game is .... 8-12-1-0-90-11-7-14-0-7-20-0.

Barring the one and only game he did play for ninety minutes his record is diabolical.

Best thing we could have done getting shut, but I don't think Delphi is any better.

14 minutes ago, Bill said:

I don't think so Pete if you look at his record you wouldn't want him back......

Palace this season, In the squad 12 times, made the starting eleven once, then his time in minutes on the field for every game is .... 8-12-1-0-90-11-7-14-0-7-20-0.

Barring the one and only game he did play for ninety minutes his record is diabolical.

Best thing we could have done getting shut, but I don't think Delphi is any better.

regular oracle he is

He did improve in the second half yesterday but that just makes him slightly less shit. In that first half he was pretty much singlehandedly responsible for how slow our play was. The majority of the time he got the ball from a defender he just fucking gave it back to them! And then on the few occasions he decided it might be a good idea to turn with the ball he turned into trouble. I thought experienced players were supposed to have good decision making?

He's shite. End of story.

20 hours ago, Palfy said:

I will never understand what the thinking was behind his signing, Silva and Brands fucked up spectacularly bringing him here. 

Me neither... I can only think it was to get a bit of experience and a winning mentality into the team... but I'd rather have had a decent player in there instead! 

6 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He did improve in the second half yesterday but that just makes him slightly less shit. In that first half he was pretty much singlehandedly responsible for how slow our play was. The majority of the time he got the ball from a defender he just fucking gave it back to them! And then on the few occasions he decided it might be a good idea to turn with the ball he turned into trouble. I thought experienced players were supposed to have good decision making?

He's shite. End of story.

I thought it was a decent signing at first but I’ve realised he has made a career out of the city team. He played left back which is still the position they can’t get right. He gave away that stupid free kick and then when we scored and waiting for the kick off he’s pointing at his head and telling the players to concentrate 😂 he had chances at the edge of the box to shoot but played side ball after side ball. This one is on brands