IGNORED

Ghana Pre-season Friendly

http://www.evertonfc.co.uk/news/archive/Everton...l-to-ghana.html

Everton has announced they will travel to the African territory of Ghana as part of their 2009 pre-season schedule.

The trip will see the Club break new ground as it will be the first time in the 131 year history that an Everton side has travelled to Africa.

David Moyes will travel without the majority of his international players as they will be on an extended summer break due to the fact they have been representing their various countries.

The opposition is yet to be confirmed but will either be Ashanti Kotoko or Hearts of Oak. The decision about which team the Blues will face is to be made through an African public vote. The game will be played on the evening of July 12 with the kick off time to be confirmed.

The Club is currently looking into travel options for supporters and will advise at the earliest possible opportunity.

Excellent news... Kotoko and Hearts of Oak are known for bringing through quality players.

I'd love to go to that. It'll be ridiculously expensive but I've been to West Africa before and swore I'd go back....combining it with watching Everton would be great. Won't happen though.

They love their football so, as Mark said, it's a really positive thing for the club to do.

Asante Kotoko have confirmed the game will be at Baba Yara stadium.. it'll be a few days before Everton catch up.. time-zones and all that ! :)

Apparently Everton shown initiative and went through the Ghanian FA to arrange the game.