IGNORED

Everton

i have two points to make here:

1) Tony Cascarino is an absolutely useless pundit, so I take everything he says with an enormous dose of salt

2) we've been here before - last year Spurs were expected to be our biggest challenge for "the best team outside the top 4" - they spent loads of money and look what happened to them. City will spend big, they will buy quality players, but what Moyes has built so far is a solid base, and I honestly don't think it's gonna take a fortune to either keep us where we are, or push us on a bit further.....

just my opinion, but i'm full of confidence despite our obvious financial constraints....

"So I can't see how Everton can get better than what they have achieved this year by reaching the Cup Final

Nonsense.

-look at the injuries we had.

-The money problem is vastly exagurated. your not gonig to tell me that the 5th best club in the best league in the world have no financial resources at all.

Btw England is the place to go for footballers at the moment. I think there aren't more then 20-25 clubs in the world ( not counting english clubs) who are more attractive then us. With good scouting (wich i believe we have) i think there is little reason for panic.

And like Oberman said, tottenham has loads more money, but look how clumsy they are with it.

- It also seems as if what Everton did this year all comes down to miracle work by moyes. Don't get me wrong, he's fantastic, but Evertyon is more then Moyes, we just have a qualitiy team to.

And the top 4 wasn't that far away this season. 9 points to be exact, And that could have been less if arsenal weren't so lucky at some occasions.

I remember a few seasons back we were actually tipped by many to be relegation candidates, we had had our problems the previous season, we had no money to spend and players wouldn't want to come to Everton..........the following season we came 4th.

"Everton can't do better than 5th", he says.....well to be honest Man City are going to have to spend Millions to get there......and Spurs will have to spend big and need a fair share of luck to get there..

......Fulham, West Ham etc will have to over achieve to get that 5th place.

So I say "5th place is pretty dam good mate"!...5th place and a couple of good cup runs wont find me crying in my Stella!

Guys what you're forgetting is how the financial system works in the premier league.

Your TV Money and Domestic Cup revenue, shirt sales, ticket sales etc. pay for the day to day running of the club, wages etc. Remember clubs have tons of staff from the coaches right through the levels, accountants, executives, groundspeople etc.

Your European money fills in any shortfalls between income/expenditure and gives you a modest transfer fund.

Where the real transfer cash comes from is from owners putting their money into the club for different reasons from raising the value of the club for a sell on profit, to making a profit year on year from increased European/Domestic performance and for the sheer love of a club.

We have our PL TV Money, our Cup money and some European money, however we earn much less in Europe than the big 4 AND our owner simply cannot inject money into the club.

Its a bloody miracle we are where we are.

Guest efctaxi

I think too much praise is being heaped on Moyes for our good season here .

The guys who kick the ball have much more to do with our success .

Moyes can find them , pick them , and play them , but they have to show responsibility as players and step into the battlefield with full intent .

Yes , Moyes got them here , but there are big hearts wearing our shirt for him , and I'd prefer that the media remember that .

Moyes can find them , pick them , and play them , but they have to show responsibility as players and step into the battlefield with full intent .

Yes , Moyes got them here , but there are big hearts wearing our shirt for him , and I'd prefer that the media remember that .

couldn't agree more

completely disagree with your sentiments and you even dispelled them yourself...if moyes finds them, picks them, coaches them then they go onto the pitch with what moyes has given them....no moyes, no arteta or pienaar, no baines or yakubu etc in the first place. if it wasn't for moyes we'd probably in newcastle's place by now.

players play a massive part but the manager is responsible for the tactics and the way the team plays, i'm massively against it when people say it's the players....reminds me of the scene in coach carter where battle spits his dummy out...moyes is the core to everything our team is.

Guest efctaxi
a lion leading 11 sheep is better than a sheep leading 11 lions

Confucius says : Not when they are facing 11 wolves :)

Each player has endured years of training , dedication , discipline and experience long before they ever get near the Everton pitch .

Moyes looks for talent , potential , personality and affordability amongst other things when choosing players , and has done a wonderful job of it in the process , but to dismiss credit to those players who are out on the pitch is unfair and unrealistic .

Everton was a successful club before Moyes , and will still be around discounting unforseen circumstances when he is gone .

Yes , he is a wonderful manager , and yes , we all want him to stay for as long as possible , but he is not 100% responsible for our team being a good team .

Let's at least give the other factors in our success a little credit please guys .

Confucius says : Not when they are facing 11 wolves :)

Each player has endured years of training , dedication , discipline and experience long before they ever get near the Everton pitch .

Moyes looks for talent , potential , personality and affordability amongst other things when choosing players , and has done a wonderful job of it in the process , but to dismiss credit to those players who are out on the pitch is unfair and unrealistic .

Everton was a successful club before Moyes , and will still be around discounting unforseen circumstances when he is gone .

Yes , he is a wonderful manager , and yes , we all want him to stay for as long as possible , but he is not 100% responsible for our team being a good team .

Let's at least give the other factors in our success a little credit please guys .

fuck off mate, do me a favour and stick the lines like that up your rectum...i'd ask for more suggestions or guidance but you''d probably think that you're actually such a superior being that you should offer some....that means don't bother.

if by successful club you mean relegation bound then yes we were.

the bottom line is this....david moyes brings the players in, trains them and picks them for a match....this isn't year 5 foot...players go onto the pitch to do what the manager has told them to.

let's all give moyes some praise shall we guys....i mean he's only turned a club from relegation to european competitors, or maybe that would just a bit of a coincidence....maybe it was actually tony hibbert all along? puhlease noone is denying the players are cogs in the machine but guess who they all rely on? guess whos the centre piece? yep you guessed it....keith wyness.

sorry in advance if i hurt your feelings, i've got enough apology posts to my name and i don't intend to spam.

Guest efctaxi
fuck off mate, do me a favour and stick the lines like that up your rectum...i'd ask for more suggestions or guidance but you''d probably think that you're actually such a superior being that you should offer some....that means don't bother.

if by successful club you mean relegation bound then yes we were.

the bottom line is this....david moyes brings the players in, trains them and picks them for a match....this isn't year 5 foot...players go onto the pitch to do what the manager has told them to.

let's all give moyes some praise shall we guys....i mean he's only turned a club from relegation to european competitors, or maybe that would just a bit of a coincidence....maybe it was actually tony hibbert all along? puhlease noone is denying the players are cogs in the machine but guess who they all rely on? guess whos the centre piece? yep you guessed it....keith wyness.

sorry in advance if i hurt your feelings, i've got enough apology posts to my name and i don't intend to spam.

Hurt my feelings ?

The only reason I go on Bluemoon is to warm up for your posts . ;)

Wanker :D

"Everton was a successful club before Moyes"

In the past maybe but not in the 5-10 years that preceeded him.

we only had 1 season in the top half of the Premiership in the top half prior to Moyes, since Moyes we've had 5 years in the top half 3 of which in the top 5.

Sounds fairly successful to me all be it as the redshites would say "he hasn't won anything".

Obviously credit has to go the players and yes they've all come to the club or been brought through the club as good players but look at other teams and they have as good as if not better squads of players than us but their manager doesn't get the potential from them and doesn't instill the right attitude to see them come from behind and to produce results week in week out as we have.

praise is goin to all corners so i dont see the issue? :huh: unless im bein thick?

for a machine to work you have to someone to put the pieces together which moyes has done but those pieces have to work still. moyes deserves alot of credit for finding the right pieces for very good prices but the players deserve credit for stepping up to the mark, as do the fans for never stopping believing under moyes even when we finish 17th! so lets stop the fighting and praise everyone :D

Guest efctaxi
"Everton was a successful club before Moyes"

In the past maybe but not in the 5-10 years that preceeded him.

we only had 1 season in the top half of the Premiership in the top half prior to Moyes, since Moyes we've had 5 years in the top half 3 of which in the top 5.

Sounds fairly successful to me all be it as the redshites would say "he hasn't won anything".

Obviously credit has to go the players and yes they've all come to the club or been brought through the club as good players but look at other teams and they have as good as if not better squads of players than us but their manager doesn't get the potential from them and doesn't instill the right attitude to see them come from behind and to produce results week in week out as we have.

When you read other forums , especially from our direct competitors , there is always a large proportion of views that Everton are a crap team with a great manager . Even on our own forums , guys are still calling for Kenwrights head which I find quite sad .

We don't have to find justification for Moyes , but the team are more than worthy of praise for this seasons results .

16 seperate players have scored this season for a start . Many are playing out of natural position , and done well . There have been breakthroughs into the national squads .

Moyes has won the Manager of the season yet again , and I couldn't give it to a more suitable manager , but there were many mistakes made this year from the manager too , and not just from the squad , so there is still improvement to be had all round .

As for instilling the right attitude to come from behind and produce results week in week out , I'm afraid that's incorrect with a Capital I .

Only twice this season have we turned a deficit into a victory , in 13 occasions of being behind . Only 4 times have we managed to scrape a draw after falling behind . Yes , we've suffered with strikers , but our strikerless team also enjoyed our best spell this season , so huge credit to everyone for that .

In no way am I having a go at Moyes , but I'm not wearing rose coloured glasses about our season either .

When you read other forums , especially from our direct competitors , there is always a large proportion of views that Everton are a crap team with a great manager . Even on our own forums , guys are still calling for Kenwrights head which I find quite sad .

We don't have to find justification for Moyes , but the team are more than worthy of praise for this seasons results .

16 seperate players have scored this season for a start . Many are playing out of natural position , and done well . There have been breakthroughs into the national squads .

Moyes has won the Manager of the season yet again , and I couldn't give it to a more suitable manager , but there were many mistakes made this year from the manager too , and not just from the squad , so there is still improvement to be had all round .

As for instilling the right attitude to come from behind and produce results week in week out , I'm afraid that's incorrect with a Capital I .

Only twice this season have we turned a deficit into a victory , in 13 occasions of being behind . Only 4 times have we managed to scrape a draw after falling behind . Yes , we've suffered with strikers , but our strikerless team also enjoyed our best spell this season , so huge credit to everyone for that .

In no way am I having a go at Moyes , but I'm not wearing rose coloured glasses about our season either .

Most of the season we havn't had anyone sat on the bench capable of doing that. i can name 3 times off the top of my head, West ham twice an middlesbrough(in the cup).

either way as a manager/players an club we improved overal this season to last season.

the players do deserve some praise but Moyes is Everton's biggest asset. Spurs have some good players, Man City have some good players yet once again we outperformed them and we were missing our best player for a third of the season, our best striker for the whole season virtually and had loads of other injury problems. The fact that we finished 5th this season and reached the cup final is quite frankly an unbelievable achievement, absolutely stunning and Moyes deserved his manager of the year award. I think if you took Torres out of Liverpool's team all season, Gerrard out for a third of it and then the likes of Alonso, Carragher, Kuyt etc all picked up some injuries then I doubt they'd finish any better than 5th and look at the money they've spent.

Moyes has transformed this club, the players deserve a lot of credit too but Moyes is the man responsible for the image the club portrays, the way the players go out and play for him and the jersey and he is proud and loyal and demands it of his players.

Also, a big NICE ONE to Kenwright, who shut up the idiot moaners for another season (no doubt until pre-season) some of us appreciate the job you've done Bill.

the players do deserve some praise but Moyes is Everton's biggest asset. Spurs have some good players, Man City have some good players yet once again we outperformed them and we were missing our best player for a third of the season, our best striker for the whole season virtually and had loads of other injury problems. The fact that we finished 5th this season and reached the cup final is quite frankly an unbelievable achievement, absolutely stunning and Moyes deserved his manager of the year award. I think if you took Torres out of Liverpool's team all season, Gerrard out for a third of it and then the likes of Alonso, Carragher, Kuyt etc all picked up some injuries then I doubt they'd finish any better than 5th and look at the money they've spent.

Moyes has transformed this club, the players deserve a lot of credit too but Moyes is the man responsible for the image the club portrays, the way the players go out and play for him and the jersey and he is proud and loyal and demands it of his players.

Also, a big NICE ONE to Kenwright, who shut up the idiot moaners for another season (no doubt until pre-season) some of us appreciate the job you've done Bill.

Nice post Carl but I would also point out that we did not start playing this season until Moyes got his new contract which has a left a question mark about him in my mind. As taxi says the players do deserve plaudits as well, look at our performances when Tim Cahill is missing, he is also very capable of lifting team moral. IMO Billy Boy also deserves a big cheer as he has found money to spend and suffered some horrendous insults from fans who should know better, those same fans then moan why the club can't find a buyer..........................is it that surprising?

Nice post Carl but I would also point out that we did not start playing this season until Moyes got his new contract which has a left a question mark about him in my mind. As taxi says the players do deserve plaudits as well, look at our performances when Tim Cahill is missing, he is also very capable of lifting team moral. IMO Billy Boy also deserves a big cheer as he has found money to spend and suffered some horrendous insults from fans who should know better, those same fans then moan why the club can't find a buyer..........................is it that surprising?

David Moyes suffered a lot of insults, have a look back at some of the posts relating to, is Moyes worth 2.5 million a year insults from fans who should know better and then revel in having a great season pot calling kettle black imo!

David Moyes suffered a lot of insults, have a look back at some of the posts relating to, is Moyes worth 2.5 million a year insults from fans who should know better and then revel in having a great season pot calling kettle black imo!

Where do you get £2.5 mil from, his new contract is £17.5 mil over four years according to most sources?

Can you explain our sudden improvement once that contract was signed, coincidence or what?

This thread isn't getting at Moyes for one moment it is praising his players who seemed to have been overlooked. He does deserve applauds for what we have done this year but as taxi says, it wasn't just him

MOYES OUT ! :lol:

have a look back at posts at the start of the season and some people were saying moyes did not know what hes doing get rid etc read some old posts and have a laugh, we should post some of the best ones some people will look rather silly though ,maybe we should name and shame,them keep up the witty posts taxi!