IGNORED

Finishing Top 4

As Moyes wants to push for 4th next season, i want to ask who you feel based on, who is the team were most likely to catch.

I think it would be Chelsea as there team is starting to age an there main players are thankfully passing 30 an 31. I just feel even tho they beat us in the cup there star is starting to fall.

However i imagine there gonna buy big in the off season.

depends who arsenal keep/lose, they could be for the taking next season!

if they do loose adebayor, which looks likely, i think they will cope as they have edwardo coming back who looks quality and no doubt they will sign someone else to replace him who can get the goals,

if they loose wenger to real madrid i think they will be up shit creek and will fall apart

i read chelski have £50 mil to spend in the summer so would think they will recruit some new blood with fresher legs than they have now

on a tangent i also saw malouda is going to be put up for sale, wander how much he would cost.....he's looked quality since hiddink took over and has been man managed well.

Injuries and bad luck could hit any of the top 4!

Imagine liverpool without Gerrard and Torres!.......the spanish players will be scrapping with an aging

carrigher, could all go tits up.Dalglish is back in some capacity, a couple of bad results will have a war breaking out amongst fans wanting to dump rafa.

Chelsea's new manager could rock the boat, and upsett the big players.

Arsenal could feel the pressure if they gat a bad start and not recover.

Man Utd could internally combust......

In fact I can see us winning the prem next season.......or maybe the top 4 losing it :)

Guest efctaxi
Think Man City will spend big again (Gareth Barry the 1st of many ?).Spurs are like a bottomless pit,and Villa will spend again so hangin onto 5th should be a nice challenge never mind breakin the top 4.

Yes , I agree .

If Ronaldo leaves United , I think their reign might come to a bumpy end .

Obviously it depends on transfers , but I see 4th place as a very difficult task , and I will be glad to keep the 5th place .

Liverpool will be my bookies favourites next year if they keep their current squad , and add a little , with United finishing 3rd , 4th , or 5th if Tranny goes .

Even though Liverpool looked decent last season I cant see them repeatin the same feat again or betterin it.My thoughts are......they will buy big again,more than likely a striker who will cost top dollar and this time it will be the "Fat waiters" choice ("fact") :lol: If it is his choice and he has paid top dollar then he will have to play him more often than not.In my opinion this will disrupt a good (god that killed me) attacking team because Gerrard will have to revert back to his midfield berth.I think him with Torres just in front on his own are lethal (god that really hurt) and that was the system that gave them most success.

Also if rumours are right Alonso could be on his way.

"Dont try and fix somethin thats not broke"

Chelski 1st

Man U 2nd

Liverpool 3rd

Arsenal/Everton 4th

I think if the young players get enough experience and they bring in a experienced man i dont see why Arsenal can't challenge for the title.

1. Arsenal/Manu

2Arsenal/Manu/Chelsea

3. Chelsea/Manu

4 Everton

5. Liverpool/Aston Villa

If young players mature for Arsenal and experienced player comes

Edited by the_everton_way

I think if the young players get enough experience and they bring in a experienced man i dont see why Arsenal can't challenge for the title.

1. Arsenal/Manu

2Arsenal/Manu/Chelsea

3. Chelsea/Manu

4 Everton

5. Liverpool/Aston Villa

Nah.

City are going to push hard this year and as will Spurs.

1. Chelsea

2. Man U

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. City

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. Villa

Nah.

City are going to push hard this year and as will Spurs.

1. Chelsea

2. Man U

3. Liverpool

4. Arsenal

5. City

6. Tottenham

7. Everton

8. Villa

are there any positions on the field where tottenham have a undisputable better player than us?

i'd say goalkeeper, at least when Gomes is at his best. And Keane probably, but that's where it stops for me.

I don't think that Moutinho alone will be enough to elevate us into the Champions league places, let alone 3rd. Lets be realisitc about this. It is going to take large investment just to continue our good run let alone push on as a club.

At this stage of the summer it's way to early to speculate about where we could finish. We have no idea how much we will strenghten, but more importantly, how much others will strengthen. The way I see it panning out i'll be pleased with European qualification and a cup run. Top 4 doesn't even come into consideration just yet.

1. Arsenal/Manu

2Arsenal/Manu/Chelsea

3. Chelsea/Manu

4 Everton

5. Liverpool/Aston Villa

:lol:

Sorry, couldn't help it.

I think you'll definitely finish at least 5th again but no higher than 4th. Everton just don't have the depth.

Completly agree... unfortunatly.

I think at the moment Everton (to an extent along with Villa) are the bridge between mid table and the top 4. Moyes is doing an excellent job but Everton just don't have the financial clout to compete with the top 4 for an extensive time. You did it a few years ago (break the top 4) but it'll take a hell of a job to keep you there. If you get a couple more top class players I could see you causing some real problems.

Manchester United

They simply will not be caught next season. I dont think that anyone will have a good chance of taking away their Premier League crown. They have won it so many times and have a fantastic manager at the helm, they will take someone will big investment to stop them which is just not us. Maybe in years to come, but not right now. They are still many many miles ahead.

Liverpool

They seem to be getting stronger with each season and I'm a little thoughtful about how they will do next season. They did have a good run out this time round and if Rafa can stop being a dick for a second and stay on task he might just be able to do the same. They are also out of our reach, but in years to come who knows, they could finish under us, again.

Chelsea

They could be taken because of the new manager. I don't know that much about him but if he pulls a Scolari then Chelsea could have an uphill struggle to keep their Champions League football. I'd say that they were looking out of reach, but never say never.

Arsenal

These are the team to get round because they can be taken - they have looked poor this season and its only a matter of time before the slip out of the Champions League places and hand it over to another team. That team is Everton.

Totally depends on our ins and outs.

If we can hold onto our starting 11 and get a few more 1st team players, avoid injuries and suspensions, yes possibly we can.

If however we end up selling to invest then we are in trouble and I doubt we will even hold onto 5th.

I don't see Man City as a threat at all, Hughes no matter who he brings will rely on the players too much, he's not a good tactician in my opinion. Redknapp on the other hand with a few good players in could really push and Villa as long as they get a replacement for Barry will create problems.

If we really have a go though, I reckon the closest to catch will be either Liverpool or Arsenal. By the looks of trhings Pool are going to have a tough time in the transfer market and Arsenal have too many kids and not enough seasoned vets so I don't think they will be consistent enough.

4th is acheivable, but not predciatble, at least looking at how this season ended up.

I think Ronaldo, Alonso and Adebayour will go, and if the top teams don't replace them we have a good chance of creating pressure, seeing as how our biggest loss to one of the top 4 this season was Arsenal 3-1 at the emirates we are getting better at shutting them down and keeping them at bay.

Remember we almost beat Arsenal at Goodison, same for Chelsea.

And that's the other thing, if we can make Goodison a fortress this season and have a good home run from the start, then I think we will have a much better shout come the second half of the season of getting 4th.

It's all about consistency.