IGNORED

Summer Requirements -- Merged

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I woulden't like us to spend money (in large amounts) on a new goalkeeper. Nash hasn't been needed so there is no real point spending millions on a player that we might not even use. Carlo is not bad as a keeper so he would do well at playing when needed (when Howard is out) so it's not a requirement IMO.

RB is though, unless we sign Jacobsen.

Edited by dark

A wide midfielder has to be our number one priority. We have three players who (though not brilliantly) can play at rightback, Hibbert, Neville and Jacobson. We also have that young irish lad and also I do believe that Gosling came here as a right back.

However wide players are seriously lacking. Pienaar and Gosling are the only players who can do it, and Gosling is not ready yet, give him a few years and we'll see if he is the real deal or not. But players like Osman are not wide players, all he does is cut inside, I don't think we have ever tried to beat a man with a ball on the right hand side of the pitch this season.

Right back position needs to be improved, but the priority has to be a wide man. Also I think that a new forward is important as we have all seen the problems we have had this year.

we need pace out wide i believe pienaar can handle it due to the fact he has baines who is fair quick and a few tricks up his own sleeve but osman isn't as skillful so can't handle it out there. arteta got away with it due to his skill but we need a fast winger left or right to be honest would be fine by me!

For me right back is covered and striker is covered.I am not sure why we need a new striker when we have proved we can cope with the most extreme injury'sto strikers so I would actualy pool most of our funds and spend quite big on a carsley replacement and a decne t right winger.

The striker situation becomes trickier when Jo leaves. We then have the following: Yak, Saha, Vaughn, Vic.

Yak- though class, will take a long time to get back to fitness and there is no guarentee he will returen to the player he was last season

Saha- Injury prone

Vaughn- Still unproven goal scorer and injury prone

Vic- Crap.

I think we need to bring someone in the cement the forward line. Obviously the likes of Cahill and Mo can step in, but its not really the same.

As it has been said, options on the right wing and a little more creativity in midfield. I think with that, if Pienaar keeps playing like he does (esp. with Bainesy) and Arteta and the Jak get back into action, we'd have made good progress, and have a midfield that could feed goals to the likes of Jak and Saha, as well as grab a few for themselves.

One thing I've been thinking about lately is the Joe Ledley rumours, a left footed winger, would it be worth bringing in a left footed winger and breaking up the working partnership of Peinaar and Baines? Would Peinaar be able to get a similar partnership working on the right with Jacobsen (who for sure we should sign up for another year at least)?

Another thing which is a cause for concern, I heard mentioned somewhere that the winner of the Europa League would have to play an extra 17 games to get to the final. I don't think we have at the moment a squad big enough to go the distance, so we would really need to add some squad players too, perhaps bring some of the youngsters up as well.

I wouldn't mind at all if we sold Anichebe, but to be honest I can't see it happening, at least not this summer. I think right back is covered, as long as we get Jacobsen on a longer deal, and as for strikers, it would be nice to see another one come in (not Owen or Crouch), but that's not our top, top priority.

edit: slight digression..... Kenwright is in talks with three players over contract extensions (Link), Jags is one of them, anyone know the other two. My guess is Jacobsen and ..... dunno!! any ideas?

Edited by wallwriter

i dont think we should sell any forwards really i mean anichebe isnt the greatest but he can do a job when he comes in and seems to have good impact in europe he got us through a few matches that he turned around. also i dont think he'd mind bein used when needed so wouldnt get hissy about it. yeah it is 17 extra games to win the thing its ridiculous really considering the money you get for it. ive been impressed with jacobsen i mean he aint gonna set the world alight as hes been injured for so long but hes the number 1 rb for denmark and they aint no mugs so he must have something and i think if he worked on his end product a bit more cos he got in some good positions against west ham. as for the contract i think pienaar will be one too as he only got a contract until 2011

Vic- Crap.

I wouldn't mind at all if we sold Anichebe, but to be honest I can't see it happening, at least not this summer. I think right back is covered, as long as we get Jacobsen on a longer deal, and as for strikers, it would be nice to see another one come in (not Owen or Crouch), but that's not our top, top priority.

i think your right he is pretty shit and seams to be a bit of a child still if i'm honest (bust up with moysey), so getting rid could defo be best option. I did hear he might be going to cardif on loan as part of the deal for ledley. if this came off it might be best for both us and him though as he might do quite well in the championship, he is strong as he showed playing liverpool but hes not deadly infront of goal....yet? also he might come back a bit more experienced and mature. meaning we get a decent striker in a few years, and he gets time on the pitch to hone his skills. i might be well off mark here and he may prove to be a donkey for the rest of his career but its an interesting thought.

also we could get this fletcher guy from scotland fairly cheap who is at least confident infront of goal (-so therefore better than vic) didn't he almost score an overhead kick last weekend against celtic?

Defensive Midfielder

Winger

Creative Midfieler

Striker

How much does everyone think we have to spend?

I would love moyes to Sign Dzeko from Wolfsburg, he would bang in 20 goals a season no problem, the only problem is that a few big teams have been looking at him and I think he would cost at least 10 million

why not go in for Nani on loan, Fergy gets on with moyes and im sure he would loan us him because Park & Anderson get in the team before him.

one player I would really like us to sign when middlesbrough go down is Digard, Ive been impressed with him but I think he got injured, when he came to goodison he looked good, surely no more than 5 million, he's alot better than the Sean Davis's and the Stephen Hunts imo and finally we would have a centermidfielder who have a long range of passing and not just 10-20 yards :)

(-so therefore better than vic) didn't he almost score an overhead kick last weekend against celtic?

saw that...good effort like

Edited by Blue4Ever

not sure, wont be much though,

we did get that 30 mil from the kit bag deal...but if moysey will see any of that i'm not sure.

each season we have beat our transfer record but can't see us doing it this summer unless there is an investor or takeover on the horizon.

oh well..

Guest efctaxi
edit: slight digression..... Kenwright is in talks with three players over contract extensions (Link), Jags is one of them, anyone know the other two. My guess is Jacobsen and ..... dunno!! any ideas?

The 3 players are Jags , Yobo , and Howard .

As for requirements :

Goalkeeper : Think we are ok with what we have .

What I do think we need :

Left-back cover for Baines

Right-back cover for Hibbert ( possibly from existing squad )

Full-back cover for Lescott / Jags ( Mancienne ? )

Defensive mid

Creative mid

Right winger ( Pennant ? )

2 strikers ( 1 first team and 1 cover )

The 3 players are Jags , Yobo , and Howard .

As for requirements :

Goalkeeper : Think we are ok with what we have .

What I do think we need :

Left-back cover for Baines

Right-back cover for Hibbert ( possibly from existing squad )

Full-back cover for Lescott / Jags ( Mancienne ? )

Defensive mid

Creative mid

Right winger ( Pennant ? )

2 strikers ( 1 first team and 1 cover )

Sounds alot but unfortunately, i thinnk your right. To even contemplate breakin the so called 'top4' we need depth and creativity. The ones ive highlighted i thinkwould need to be 'top draw' to improve our 1st team further. top-draw bein crtically acclaimed and proven internationals!

why not go in for Nani on loan, Fergy gets on with moyes and im sure he would loan us him because Park & Anderson get in the team before him.

that would be great as a winger .. another player i've always loved on the wing is Joaquin .. anyone know anything about his availability?

i wonder if pienaar would have the same impact playing from the right .. he's so good at cutting inside and creating things in the middle of the field.

still wouldn't mind if there was a GK out there that could put some pressure on howard .. i think he's been poor quite a few games this season.

Sounds alot but unfortunately, i thinnk your right. To even contemplate breakin the so called 'top4' we need depth and creativity. The ones ive highlighted i thinkwould need to be 'top draw' to improve our 1st team further. top-draw bein crtically acclaimed and proven internationals!

You also need a bigger squad, imo. Alternatives are what kept Everton away this season, plagued by injuries, forced to play with different tactics. And that means not selling a lot more than it means buying. With shity sure to make a summer fest, I think it's very important to keep a powerful enough squad to stand up to them, and maintain an Europe position next year. Not to mention, of course, having a decent Euro run next season as well.

And with international games starting as soon as July, you CANNOT have a repeat of last year, with last minute purchases that will most likely not be available for Europe.

I just want a proper winger and a solid defensive midfielder as priorities. Bentley and Cana would do me.

Miguel Veloso is very likely to leave this year, and he's a very powerful DM. Although his release fee is €30M, he's gonna go for way less, I expect, and I'd rather see him in Everton than shity.

As for a winger, Nani had a poor year, and few chances to prove himself. I think SAF might consider a loan, and since he and Veloso are very good friends, playing together since the youth teams, getting them together would be a very good deal for Everton.

that would be great as a winger .. another player i've always loved on the wing is Joaquin .. anyone know anything about his availability?

he'll be available as will most valencia players due to their financial state at the moment but gonna be alot of bidding wars i reckon. mind you might be able to sneak this one with villa and silva bein the prize assets

GK - Howard/ Nash/ Ruddy/ Turner - fine

RB - Hibbert/ Jacobsen/ Coleman - Jac may go, who know's on coleman - (1) first team player needed

LB - Baines/ Nuno - Nuno may go - back up required - (1) back-up

CB ® - Jags/ Yobo - perfect

CB (l) - Lescott - (2) left footed centre back back-up

RM - Osman/ Gosling - (2) first team players needed

LM - Pienaar - (3) left footed winger back-up

CM - Nev/ Rodwell (1) player to push for a start straight away

CM - Arteta/ Felli/ Cahill - maybe back-up between the 2 positions

AM - Cahill/ Felli - maybe back-up between the 2 positions

ATT - Yak/ Saha/ Vaughan/ Vic - Vic may go - ??? on fitness - (2) player to push for a start straight away

So for me we need:

First team...

Right back

Right mid or left mid (pienaar could switch)

Push for a start (loan signings?)...

Def mid

Striker

Back-up/ for the future...

Left back

Centre back

Left mid or right mid

Centre mid

Any suggestions?

i wonder if pienaar would have the same impact playing from the right .. he's so good at cutting inside and creating things in the middle of the field.

still wouldn't mind if there was a GK out there that could put some pressure on howard .. i think he's been poor quite a few games this season.

I think he would be just as good there I can just see him forming a formidable partnership with our speedy attacking right back aahhhh hang on think Ive just spotted a flaw in the plan!! :huh::P:D:lol:

In my opinion:

Right Midfield/Wing - Standing on the side of realism, Bentley seems like a bad choice. He has had fuck all games for Spurs and although still a good player, would cost far too much for what he would bring to the squad. Someone like Juan Mata out of Valencia would be good, young fast and a good eye for goal, and Valencia will have to ship out players in the summer. Either him or Manny Fernandes and shift Pienaar across.

Defense Midfield - We need cover as Neville has at least 1 or 2 seasons left in him in the current everton line-up. I wouldn't mind going back in for M'Bia at a reasonable price, or trying for Cana. 2 players with enough experience and power to add a drive to the team.

I think with Jags, Yobo and Lescott, the defense is ok, someone like Mancienne on loan is a good idea, and securing Jacobsen means we have 3 options for right-back. A left back would also be a good idea, however Lescott can play there if Baines is injured.

Keepers where fine, just look at what Round has said about Nash, constantly pushing Howard for the first team spot. And if Howard is injured, I'm sure Nash can cope.

Attacking, well, we have a dilemma, The Yak may come back stronger than ever, or he may suck. We know we can't rely on Saha unless he is well fed by midfield, and while I like Vaughn and appreciate Anichebe's hold up play, neither have been prolific in front of goal when they have played.

This is the one place where we will need to be extra careful with money, as a flop would hit us hard. Ebanks-Blake set the Championship on fire, but I know many players that have and then not succeeded in the Premier League, on goals scored we should go for McCormack from Cardiff who netted 24, however I doubt McCormack would be as fortunate in the Prem, same goes for Ebanks-Blake.

Hargreaves shmargreaves .

Saw him play well once for England , and not seen much since .

Blakes I've always been up for .

if hargreaves is fit he's an england starter.

just going to say same as most people

1stly need a right winger

2nd a defensive mid, nev has done well this year but we need someone to push us to the next level (i dont want veloso either)

3rd striker we need a good striker to provide competition for the yak

4th right back ...quality player to start week-in-week-out

5th left back, cover

so as romey said, bentley and cana/mbia and i'm happy, get couple of frees or loans elsewhere

OUTS:

Arteta 10M ( Man City ) - Yes hes brilliant , but he isint going to retire at Everton . Get a good fee while we can

Anichebe 1-2M- He's good but wont get into starting 11

Van Der Meyde 1M - Hes just rubbish

INS:

David Bentley 5M - Good player decent cross - replace for Arteta

Micheal Owen ? - If Newcastle get relegated , he will want PL football - ONLY at good price