IGNORED

Summer Requirements -- Merged

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUTS:

Arteta 10M ( Man City ) - Yes hes brilliant , but he isint going to retire at Everton . Get a good fee while we can

Anichebe 1-2M- He's good but wont get into starting 11

Van Der Meyde 1M - Hes just rubbish

INS:

David Bentley 5M - Good player decent cross - replace for Arteta

Micheal Owen ? - If Newcastle get relegated , he will want PL football - ONLY at good price

If you can get Bentley for 5 million, i'll have two of them. :)

And if you can get a tenner for VDM your a bloody good salesman. :D

Guest efctaxi
OUTS:

Arteta 10M ( Man City ) - Yes hes brilliant , but he isint going to retire at Everton . Get a good fee while we can

INS:

Micheal Owen ? - If Newcastle get relegated , he will want PL football - ONLY at good price

I have to say VDM was a quality player when his head was right , and Vic has to be worth more to the club than 1-2 million surely , especially after the money and effort spent on bringing him through the academy .

OUTS:

INS:

Are you mates with AlexNyarko? (the TT forum member not Everton's finest ever Ghanian defensive midfield player!)

OUTS:

INS:

You need to wake up and smell the coffee!!!!

Why sell Arteta for £10M when it would cost at least £20M to replace him, AVM is available on a free and there is no way you would get Bentley for £5M

• 2 weeks later...

F.A Cup and season is over, now it is pondering time!

BUMP btw.

Ok, first and foremost, Hibbert chokes against higher opposition. He's great against the mid-table side; against the top 4, he's shit. That's that. Horrible. He can tackle well but he is always off the pace and lacks confidence. Guus Hiddink knew he was a liability and that's why the Chelsea lot sent four men at him. Hibbert wouldn't be sold for much either, he's 28.

Lars Jacobsen was much more composed, he would actually get the ball out of danger and attempt play. However, he needs a back up man.

I say we keep Hibbert, but only play him when it is neccesary, not against top flight opposition. Jacobsen can't play week in week out and arguably, he is just 'ok', so here is my first priority.

Starting XI Fullback or Back up Fullback

Hopefully one that can play on the right or the left, as Nuno looks to be going and is aging. Kyle Naughton or Steven Taylor would fit the gap beautifully. However, we only have Baines on the left, and all in all, three centre backs. With money being tight, we need to get the most out of what we got. If the worst happened, if Baines got injured, we could revert Joleon to the left and bring in another centre back. Yobo lacks confidence and it will come back with time, but we still need back up. Mancienne would be nice back up.

Back up Centre Back

and hopefully

Another Fullback, one to back Baines up

This will fill any gaps in defence and protect us for the inevitable. But damn, at what price? Everton now have expectations, we have set a standard - it makes you wonder if the board pulls the money out to keep them. I think of it this way, if Baines and Lescott break their legs, what the fuck do we do? I'd expect to see our defence mentioned in transfer rumours the MOST over the next three months.

Our midfield is great. Pienaar runs his heart out, Arteta holds up the ball well and at the moment his composure is missed, and Fellaini flicks on headers and is hard to mark (he suffered tonight because nobody was near his flick ons). However, Osman is a liability, and goes quiet in games. Our right side is our weakness. If we are going to challenge the top 4, teams such as Arsenal and Manchester United will take after Guus and attack our liable right side. Osman cuts in way too much and leaves the Right Back exploited too much; a right sided NATURAL winger would do us great, Osman can leave in the summer as he only shows up in 1 out of 5 games - he needs a massive overhaul.

Right sided winger

In the defensive midfield area, we are fine. Fellaini will eventually mould to that position (going up for corners too to get us goals), Neville fills it well as it is, Rodwell fills it well, and Arteta can fill it as well if need be.

Up front, we don't want another striker crisis. Yakubu will be fit and he will be our main man. Awesome. James Vaughan is a very quick lad and will come through the ranks, eventually being striker number 2. Great. Anichebe is getting stronger and he has potential. Great. Louis Saha is sharp in 50 percent of his games, and he is also aging - the problem is, he will only get worse. After this, that leaves Cahill/Fellaini/Baxter to step up, I think we'd be better off with a number 4 natural striker, ye know, just in case. Someone like Jo (improving by the day). Hopefully not another Saha like Michael Owen.

Natural Striker

That is five things. I'm asking too much. Moyes must have a headache trying to piece together this stuff. :lol:

Edited by `Moe Joe.

i enjoyed reading that until "Anichebe is getting stronger and he has potential. Great" i must have missed that revelation

He does have potential as he can soar towards goal and hold off 2-3 men. The one thing he needs to work on though is his finishing, but he's 20 and that will come.

Realistically I like to see the following movements:

IN:

Michael Owen - Free/'ish lol - Nobody doubts he's got the talent to play, will need to take a large cut in wages but we are the highest level he could play at.

Kyle Naughton - £5m - Great young right back, definitely better than what we have at the moment.

Joe Ledley - £4m p/Ex - Another young one, undoubted talent, needs a premier league pre-season.

Shkrodan Mustafi - Signed/Free - Straight to the reserves but looked good against England

Anton Peterlin - Signed/?? - Seemingly impressed on trial, 22 so must be at least squad player material/potential for Moyes to sign him.

Luke Garbutt - Free/Compensation - Highly rated at Leeds apparently and as compensation is done over a period of a few years and based on apearances/performances he wouldn't affect our budget.

OUT:

Andy Van Der Meyde - Free - Bye bye, thanks for the cross, stop off at the bar before you leave

Jo - Loan Return - 5 in 11 ain't bad.

Castillo - Loan Return - Good player, would like to see him here if he could move cheaply.

Victor Anichebe -Loan p/Ex - Makeweight for Ledley, would be good for him to gain some experience

Assuming our budget is around 15-16m+ total this season and allowing that Michael Owen will cost about a million in wages @ 20k/week (What I would offer him) we have about 5-6m+ left out of my transfer list for a right winger or defensive midfield.

Edited by Grarghsies

Our priority this season IMO is to keep all our best players. in a way, the jagielka, Arteta and Yakubu injuries could be a blessing.

Re enforcements:

A right back, unless jacobson stays

A replacement for Osman.

A striker, to replace Jo.

Alot of people on here think we need a defensive midfielder, but i think that position is covered pretty good with Neville, Fellaini and Rodwell.

RESERVE GOALKEEPER- Maik Taylor, linked with him last year and with Blues reportedly signing Joe Hart on loan i would go for him as back up.

FULL BACK- Naughton, can play either wing. Quick two footed and english definately can step up. Only stubling block is price.

CENTRE BACK- Mancienne, cover for the boys with more chance of first team football. Loan with option to buy.

MIDFIELD- Maoutino, dynamo. Class in possession, football brain and a leader.

WINGERS-Jaouquin, Valencia are in huge debt worth a loan.

FORWARDS-Owen, depending on wages. No more than thirty grand. Darren Bent- Goalscorer and sniffer can play up front on his own like he did at Charlton and scored goals in a crap team. Still scored alot for spurs this season considering....................

Priority for me in this order...

Rightback

Right sided midfilder

Striker

Backup goalkeeper

Hi all,

I am writing because I like Everton - always have. I watched the Cup final yesterday and was rooting for Everton - my condolences. That said, I couldn't but wonder what David Bentley could have added on the right. I know, he hasn't performed well for Spurs this season but no matter - the kid has the ability to serve given the right direction. And if anyone can do this it is Moyes. He could be a great addition to the Everton squad.

Just replace Hibbert and Osman...... teams are starting to play on them now..... are one big weakness......

Both were shite on saturday... again.... only thing is... would Hibbert be any better with someone decent in front of him?

No I don't think he would. He offers little going forward himself and gets caught out of position to often. He is as much a problem as Osman and we need to replace him if we want to kick on. I want Naughton from Sheffield United for RB and Elia from Twente to go on the wing. I'd be fucking delighted if that happend... it wont... but a man can dream.

He does have potential as he can soar towards goal and hold off 2-3 men. The one thing he needs to work on though is his finishing, but he's 20 and that will come.

i also like the bit about him holding off 2-3 men, because i genuinely think he could, if he wasnt already on his arse by the time the ball gets to him.

i'll say again what ive said before, if he has so much potential, why couldnt he get a game when we had no strikers fit apart from him?

with jamie on this, we need pace big time. all of our pace is with centre halfs. we've had no pace since AJ left

Edited by StevO

anichebe is good impact and thats it at the moment. i do believe he could get better just not at everton cos he wont play enough. he changed a few games in europe cos of his strength when the other players where tired. granted hes a big strong lad and ive always been a fan but he isnt gonna progress unless he leaves this club on loan or for good. personally id like to see him go away on loan for a season get a seasons games under him then we will see. osman was a late bloomer aswell :)

montinho? owen? glen johnson?

Already a thread on summer requirements will,

I have merged your new topic with the original one. Please have a look around before posting double topics.

Edited by Bill.

No I don't think he would. He offers little going forward himself and gets caught out of position to often. He is as much a problem as Osman and we need to replace him if we want to kick on. I want Naughton from Sheffield United for RB and Elia from Twente to go on the wing. I'd be fucking delighted if that happend... it wont... but a man can dream.

Completely agree, heard alot of Naughton recently, sounds very promising! Another cheap option, has anyone thought of Justin Hoyte at Boro? now they're down, they may need to gain some money back. He was quality first half of the season, unfortunately when he dipped, the team dipped and it began an uphill struggle after that? Elia tho....immense! still want Mout tho :)

I really think Vertonghen would be a great buy for Everton, he's got size, he's got an amazing workrate, stamina, good long ball, strong tackle, ...

And it just might be the ideal time to buy him ... Van Basten let him out in the cold last few games so I don't think they'll ask more than 10 million ... although the new trainer might think differently.

Anyway Vertonghen-Arteta-Fellaini/Cahill would be a very strong central midfield, both in offense and defence!

I really think Vertonghen would be a great buy for Everton, he's got size, he's got an amazing workrate, stamina, good long ball, strong tackle, ...

And it just might be the ideal time to buy him ... Van Basten let him out in the cold last few games so I don't think they'll ask more than 10 million ... although the new trainer might think differently.

Anyway Vertonghen-Arteta-Fellaini/Cahill would be a very strong central midfield, both in offense and defence!

I'd love Vertonghen as well, however I think that Jol rates him and will not want to let him go. I believe that he tried to sign him when he wa a t Hamburg so I'm guessing that he's a fan. He'd be a great signing though. Seems tohave the right attitude and work-ethic to do well here.

I'd love Vertonghen as well, however I think that Jol rates him and will not want to let him go. I believe that he tried to sign him when he wa a t Hamburg so I'm guessing that he's a fan. He'd be a great signing though. Seems tohave the right attitude and work-ethic to do well here.

I've got nothing to add to that. Would very much like him at Everton. Only problem is, we should give priority to other positions for re-enforcements