IGNORED

Here We Go Again!

The likes of Birmingham are starting to make important moves in the transfer market and no doubt similar sizedclubs will begin to do the same. I have an awful feeling we will end up waiting for the next few weeks for nothing to happen. is anyone else fearful it will go the same.

I am also worried that moyes came out in the press and stated he didn't know how much funding would be made available.

Think of a scenario say 3 months ago moyes knows we will be coming to the end of the season and he has a good idea on what areas will need strengthening he has been at the club for a number of years and therefore must have a good feel for the company finances. therefore surely he would be talking on & off wil BK to have a pretty strong idea of what money will be available.

That in mind you then think that moyes has watched players over time to know what sort of people he wants and therefore must know their rough transfer value (Like he said about watching felli for years).

If this is all true (if it's not then the clubs running is a shambles) then surely our transfer policy is a well planned long thought about process. If not we are just clutching at straws as to who comes available.

So In this subject I see moyes contradicting himself on one hand he says he watches players for a long time and on the other hand he doesn't know the week before the transfer window is open what his budget is and if so how can he plan targets.

Whats the point in scouting a player for years if when you come to buy him you offer well under his value.

You have to understand.... Its all mind games..............if I come out and tell you bluntly Ive got £25m sitting under my bed just before buying your super dooper Ford Fiesta your not going to let it go for market value are you................ You will hold out for what you can get....

I would take your point if last season hadn't have happened. Forget the value of the money involved moyes should ooze confidence to the supporters by saying " we know our budget and we have targets that we think we can get that will improve the team" Not make them look like a mickey mouse outfit by saying we don't know what money is available the day before the transfer window. Last season I would have been alot more confident if he came out and said we know money is tight but we are going to try and compete where possible.

Wasn't it Arsene Wenger who said something 2 or 3 weeks ago to the effect of, if everybody knows how much money I have to spend then every player we inquire about is going to cost three times as much? I know it was one of the coaches at one of the big money teams.

Edit: Yeah, I found it. It was Wenger.

"Considering transfers and the money available, the less you talk the better it is. Let other people talk and you do what you want....If I tell you I have £250m, every player I call will cost three times more."

Edited by JD in DC

I am fearful of a repeat of last summer tbh, but it's a bit early to be getting overly worried atm. Give it a little time and if we've not made any moves and don't look like we're going to make any then we can hit the panic button. The fact is this summer we need to be very active and sign 5 or 6 players just to have a squad the same size as this season (which was already too small). That's unlikely to happen because we don't have the funds so we'll hopefully get in 2 or 3 quality players and a few fillers. That's my hope anyway. Last summer I was hopeful of us kicking on and it didn't happen and I was left pissed off with everything Everton, so this summer I'm going to try and go with the flow and hope Moyes is banging on the boards door for funds and they can then find said funds.

Guest efctaxi

If we do as well as last summer , I'll be very happy .

Fellaini has been a GREAT buy .

Jacobsen has shown us he has what it takes to challenge for a start .

Saha has scored us some vital goals .

Pienaar has been a revelation .

Castillo hasn't set the world on fire , but he has class when playing well . Could be a sleeping giant for someone if not us .

Overall , we did very well out of them .

If we do as well as last summer , I'll be very happy .

Fellaini has been a GREAT buy .

Jacobsen has shown us he has what it takes to challenge for a start .

Saha has scored us some vital goals .

Pienaar has been a revelation .

Castillo hasn't set the world on fire , but he has class when playing well . Could be a sleeping giant for someone if not us .

Overall , we did very well out of them .

Agree with most you said Tax, but Castillo at best was average. True he scored a corker against Leige but part from that hasnt done anythin 'special'?

I agree with the Wenger comment. I mean look at M'bia for example, last season we say we want him and he's excited as anything to be able to play Premier League football. Then Rennes say hang on, if you want him you can pay through the teeth. We say well we can't and then the deal falls through.

M'Bia was rated at 8mil last year. This year we are yet again linked with him only now he's gone down to 4 mil.

I think Moyes has a pretty good idea of who he wants, but he doesn't want other managers coming in and swooping for them.

Look at Riera, we were linked with him and suddenly Liverpool launch an 11mil bid, something we can only afford to do once, and land him. Moyes I think is playing his cards close to his chest this year, especially since he wants 4th. He'll want his targets to be kept quiet and he'll go for who is most important.

More over even Fellaini was a lastminute.com purchase, I think Moyes knew what he was getting. He's now moulded him from a defensive midfielder to a defense nightmare, and I doubt there's a defender in the Prem that wants to deal with him. Moyes sees potential, but if he came out and said I think this player is going to be amazing for us and help us loads, the team selling will just say alright then you can pay twice as much for him.

Moyes isn't an idiot even in last year's transfer window he brought in 2 players who scored 16 goals.