IGNORED

Toffees 'target' Topal Dreams Of England

Good player from what I have seen of him. There seems to be a good batch of Turkish players emerging at the moment, however Turkish players do often seem to struggle slightly in the Prem. It would be unfair to label all players like this though, but it is worth noting.

Anyway, good to be linked with a younger player for a change. Would much prefer this guy to either Fletcher or Bradley.

sounds like a good find to me

from soccernet........

Mehmet Topal Profile

A Turkish League revelation this season, this outstanding defensive midfielder has timed his push perfectly for Euro 2008 selection, looking the part in his recent full international début in a friendly with Sweden.

He loves a battle, is two-footed and can threaten from long distance with his powerful shooting. Topal has the versatility to play right-midfield or in the centre of defence if required and the rumours are already starting that some of Europe's top sides are interested in his youthful talents.

What they say: 'He's a brilliant prospect, someone with the sort of all-round game to really go places.' Arif Erdem, ex-Turkey forward.

this lad is one of the better players we have been linked with...looks a good prospect anything around 3 million and id sign him, him an fernandes in the middle would be a touch of class.

Your way off the mark........ £12 million is the asking price, so Everton drop out of the running and look for the cheaper option.

Your way off the mark........ £12 million is the asking price, so Everton drop out of the running and look for the cheaper option.

£12million, where did that come from!?!!?! :o One min he is a £2.5m player and then he goes to that. He must be good. Not heard much about him, so can't talk too much. But I this for that money, Mbia and Fernanades would be good, and we might still have about £2m (£4m Mbia and £6m Fernandes). Not sure what others think....? :huh:

£12million, where did that come from!?!!?! :o One min he is a £2.5m player and then he goes to that. He must be good. Not heard much about him, so can't talk too much. But I this for that money, Mbia and Fernanades would be good, and we might still have about £2m (£4m Mbia and £6m Fernandes). Not sure what others think....? :huh:

Apparently his price has gone up because he wont ask for a transfer... something like that.........

Apparently his price has gone up because he wont ask for a transfer... something like that.........

Yeah, he's got 4 years remaining on a contract and is quite willing to stay if galatasary wont release him, but if he wants to go they want 12 million to replace him. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

Despite Galatasaray's reluctance to entertain bids for Mehmet Topal and having reportedly slapped a £10m price tag on his head, Everton CEO Keith Wyness will, according to the press in Turkey, fly to Germany this week to hold talks with representatives of the Turkish club in the hopes of hammering out a deal.

The Turkish international himself is leaving it up to the clubs, saying that he doesn't particularly want to leave the Istanbul giants but would be happy to move if Galatasary strike a deal

Stargazete.com (Turkish)

Despite Galatasaray's reluctance to entertain bids for Mehmet Topal and having reportedly slapped a £10m price tag on his head, Everton CEO Keith Wyness will, according to the press in Turkey, fly to Germany this week to hold talks with representatives of the Turkish club in the hopes of hammering out a deal.

The Turkish international himself is leaving it up to the clubs, saying that he doesn't particularly want to leave the Istanbul giants but would be happy to move if Galatasary strike a deal

Stargazete.com (Turkish)

wouldn't it make more sense to fly to Turkey?

:P

• 5 weeks later...

i admit it's not what we expected but for a frustrating summer where the majority of our targets have choosen to go elsewhere/stay where they are, where we've been priced out of the market then it's not a bad haul.

We've been fearing the worst, a lot have been saying we're not going to sign anyone so i reckon it we managed to secure that lot we'd have done alright.

In a perfect world my original post would have been full of M'Bia's, Milito's and Moutinho's.

• 9 months later...

Topal is alright, but I don't think a defensive midfielder is something we should be looking at except if it's Moutinho.

The other guy mentioned in that article, Arda Turan, would be a huge disappointment if we signed him.

He's a midget and would be a complete waste in the Prem. Sort of a worse version of that annoying little twerp Emre.

However it says in the article that the Turkish press is notoriously unreliable.. let's hope so.

Topal is alright, but I don't think a defensive midfielder is something we should be looking at except if it's Moutinho.

The other guy mentioned in that article, Arda Turan, would be a huge disappointment if we signed him.

He's a midget and would be a complete waste in the Prem. Sort of a worse version of that annoying little twerp Emre.

However it says in the article that the Turkish press is notoriously unreliable.. let's hope so.

You're all over the shop here mate. Moutinho is an attacking midfielder - veloso is the def mid. Topal looked quality at the euro's and def mid is and should be a priority position this summer. Turan looked even better at the euro's - a midget okay but he's a winger, a tricky winger nothing like emre and he looks like he'd be a very good prem player.