• Man Utd
    • Portsmouth
    • Stoke
    • Sunderland
    • Tottenham
    • West Ham
    • Wigan
    • Wolves

Even i would like us to play manure at ot, i picked up we will play wigan. If any1 earns money with this huge tip, i am entitled to piece of winnings

It's been a while since we've opened up against a Northeast team, so I'm gonna roll the dice a bit and say we'll get Sunderland.

That would be a good fixture with Steve Bruce being the new boss. This could be the fixture to avoid early on until teams get used to what Bruce has changed with the new team he is in charge of. I don't want any of the big teams to start with, I'd rather get an easy run of form before taking one of those on. If it was going to be on of the top teams then I'd say get Manchester United out of the way, because of what we did to them in the semi final I'd be a little more optemistic of a win :P

It's totally random so I closed my eyes and picked a team. Hull City.

It's totally random so I closed my eyes and picked a team. Hull City.

Why did you close your eyes :huh: ? So you couldn't cheat I suppose :unsure::lol: .

Personally I think it'll be one of the listed teams either at home or away. Further than that I don't have a clue (if I did have the power of foresight I'd devote it to lottery numbers rather than fixture lists anyway :P ).

don't we normally get a promted side on the first day of the season at home?

I've gone for Burnley, that who i think we will get.

Any of the Big 4 away will do. At least we be on tv.

don't we normally get a promted side on the first day of the season at home?

I've gone for Burnley, that who i think we will get.

Any of the Big 4 away will do. At least we be on tv.

In the last ten years we've only been a new arrival's first fixture one time (that was Watford a few years ago), so I wouldn't say it "normally" happens. But since it's all a crapshoot, who knows, we could get new teams the next five years in a row.

Wolves in the lead so far. I will put a bet on whoever wins the poll and if it comes in I will donate to admin towards costs of running the site. :thumbsup_anim: :angel:

Interesting that every club has at least one vote now except Blackburn and Bolton. Didn't someone post earlier in this thread that they were going to vote for Bolton?

That's still a qualifier though really isn't it?

it is, but the issue was that people were saying our first game was in europa i am trying to tell people it is not, thats all, our first game is 15th August premiership

According to Wikipedia, us and Villa enter the Europa League in the Play-off Round. So we will play a 2 leg game against another side then if we advance it will be to the Group Stage.

That's still a qualifier though really isn't it?

Absolutely. It's a play-off that we have to win to qualify for the group stage....doesn't really matter what UEFA (or we) call it :) .

Two legs, 20th & 27th after our opening league game on 15th (16th if Sky pick it for Sunday....or are all the opening games on the Saturday?).

(Is it just me that thinks this is the most pointless poll ever? It's random....it's the TT equivalent of S*n Bingo....and we've got more votes than a lot of MOTM polls :worried: . Strange.)

Its as pointless as any poll, if you're pointing it out as random, because any poll is random in accordance to who votes for what. It was only for a bit of fun and as I have pointed out I will place a bet on whoever tops the poll and donate cash towards cost of running the site, so maybe it's not that pointless. If we all stick to intellectual posts and duly prophesise towards diligent and well thought out responses you will find forums such as this deteriorating over the test of time. I thought this forum encouraged participation, comments like yours, Mike, can have a detrimental effect. Lighten up mate, its the summer hols after all didn't you know. :D

Its easy...a room filled with pigeons...whom are paired off with bands around thier legs...each with HOME and AWAY on....little 'ball's filled with grub have team names on...then its down to the pigeons to pick the teams...process is repeated 39 times...and then we move onto the championsihp...thats what that article ment :P

Mac    0

I think we could well end up with the RS. No basis for it just a swag.

ATB

Mac

Not the best fixture to have on the opening day but in a way im quite pleased dont ask me why :rolleyes: btw is the TT clock an hour behind lazy Louis very lazy :lol:

We shall play arsenal at goodison for our first premierleague game of the 09/10 season!

Saturday, 15 August 2009

Aston Villa v Wigan, 15:00

Blackburn v Man City, 15:00

Bolton v Sunderland, 15:00

Chelsea v Hull, 15:00

Everton v Arsenal, 15:00

Man Utd v Birmingham, 15:00

Portsmouth v Fulham, 15:00

Stoke v Burnley, 15:00

Tottenham v Liverpool, 15:00

Wolverhampton v West Ham, 15:00

Check out the dates for your diary but remember that the fixtures are subject to change.

Everton 09/10 Fixtures.

August

15 Arsenal (H)

19 Man City (A)

22 Burnley (A)

29 Wigan (H)

September

12 Fulham (A)

19 Blackburn (H)

26 Portsmouth (A)

October

3 Stoke (H)

17 Wolverhampton (H)

24 Bolton (A)

31 Aston Villa (H)

November

7 West Ham (A)

21 Man Utd (A)

28 Liverpool (H)

December

5 Tottenham (H)

12 Chelsea (A)

15 Hull (A)

19 Birmingham (H)

26 Sunderland (A)

28 Burnley (H)

January

9 Arsenal (A)

16 Man City (H)

27 Sunderland (H)

30 Wigan (A)

February

6 Liverpool (A)

10 Chelsea (H)

20 Man Utd (H)

27 Tottenham (A)

March

6 Hull (H)

13 Birmingham (A)

20 Bolton (H)

27 Wolverhampton (A)

April

3 West Ham (H)

10 Aston Villa (A)

17 Blackburn (A)

24 Fulham (H)

May

1 Stoke (A)

9 Portsmouth (H)

Lost out on the bet, I should have stuck to my own prediction which was Arsenal (proof on the other thread). February may look bad but end of August through to November should get us a bag full of points which should set our season up nicely.