IGNORED

Club V Country

would you rather see Everton win a trophy, or England win the World Cup next year?

If there were two or three Everton players in the England team it'd be a tough decision....but I'd still choose Everton to win something (except the Carling Cup, I'd pick the World Cup over that).

Could we not just have a full repeat of '66 :huh: ?

What would you prefer?

i have always felt part of the family at Everton, allthough i love my country.i have never felt the same about the England team dont know if this is because England over the years apart from when they played in the North due to wembley being rebuilt they have played in London, and felt a bit detached from it ,but in the end Family comes first, so its Everton for me by a whisker.

Its a tough one...a few of the lads at work bring this up every now and then.

I think I would prefer England to win the wcup tho. Just so everyone can join in the buzz!

Be a friggin NATIONAL PARTY!?!?!?!?!? That would be amazin, this country would come to a standstill!

Everton over England everytime .. Easiest question ever :D .

Everton over Belgium on the other hand -- and this is where that famous Belgian patriotism kicks in -- I'd give up the right leg of each of our starting players in the national team for a semifinal by Everton in the friggin Carling Cup. Thank you.

Its a tough choice but i think i'd prefer Everton to win something, as there my team.

I do support England but it would have to be Everton as everytime we go on a winning streak they have a friendly aganist a team no ones ever heard of

i love my country but i hate our football team. to me england has always been a big boys club where the media dominate and choose the team. loads of gifted players individually but they cant gel together. and i remember in the last world cup i was under the impression that alot of our players just didnt seem to care (same with the euro 2008 qualifiers as well)

for me its everton winning a trophy even the carling cup. if england do win next year il be pleased because im english and i like to see england do well in internationals

Well, I'm Welsh (and I'm sure that there are a few of us on here). I'd rather any team on the planet win the World Cup than England.

If you're asking club v my country.... that'd be a hard one.... just getting to the finals would be an achievement in itself... to win it.... well that is the stuff of dreams.

I would take Everton winning a trophy over England winning the WC

I would take the USA either winning the WC or even finishing second over Everton winning a trophy

However, as of right now I would take Everton winning the Premier League over the USA winning the WC (not that either one looks remotely likely to happen without some drastic changes to the footballing world)

It's a different England now to the one that won the world cup in 1966 and did so well in mexico 70.

I don't remember those games, but feel real pride when I watch the games from that era.Present day England games don't do much for me I'm afraid.I'd much rather take a five hour train journey to watch Everton than walk up the pub to watch England play.If England get to the finals and start playing with some pride and passion, then yes I'll be right behind them and would watch every game.

I'd love England to win the world cup.....and Everton to win anything!

I'm an English Evertonian...........or is that an Evertonian who's English :huh: , either way I expect Everton to win something before England :)

That's a really tough one for me as Wales have only qualified for a major championship once and that was back in 1958! To see Wales qualify would be amaizing let alone win the world cup! Therefore if i had to choose between everton winning a cup like the carling cup or wales qualifying for the World cup i think id have to choose Wales qualifying! So frustrating watching Wales but one day i hope both happen! Everton win a trophy and Wales qualify!