IGNORED

Cahill Cleared After Alleged Nightclub Altercation

Guest Reg Reagan

Guest Reg Reagan

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21...847-948,00.html

A BLIND drunk Tim Cahill has shamed Australian soccer on its biggest day by getting kicked out of a Kings Cross nightclub after a fracas with bouncers.

Several witnesses told The Sunday Telegraph Cahill got into an altercation at Kings Cross's Sapphires Lounge when he was told to leave because he was "so drunk he couldn't even stand up".

But Football Federation Australia, which launches its bid to host the World Cup today, cleared the star Socceroo after just a three-hour investigation.

Like all Socceroos, Cahill is subject to a code of conduct that carries fines and suspensions for actions bringing the game into disrepute.

Cahill's disgrace soured the most important fortnight for the game in Australia which is trying to secure either the 2018 or 2022 World Cup. Prime Minister Kevin Rudd will launch the bid in Canberra today.

The incident took place in the early hours of Friday, on the night the Socceroos had attended the Australian Football Awards at the Hilton Hotel.

Cahill became angry when he was refused service by bar staff at Sapphires Lounge - a popular hangout for local and international celebrities and sports athletes.

A source told The Sunday Telegraph the Everton midfielder was involved in a verbal stoush which escalated into a physical "push and shove" with club security before he was shown the door.

"He then got outside where it was about 10 of them, including other players and about five security," the source said.

"They were fired up and looked like they wanted to go on with it, but then they jumped in a car and got out of there."

Another witness at the bar said Cahill and a group of friends had partied at the venue on both Wednesday and Thursday nights.

"Cahill became aggressive when a bar staff member refused to serve him any more alcohol because he was a bit p*****," he said.

"He got aggressive and called over his mates."

Ironically earlier this year at the very same club, Tim Cahill's cousin and Bulldogs star Ben Cahill-Roberts and his teamates Lee Te Maari and Reni Maitua were involved in altercations with the club bouncers which left both Cahill-Roberts and Te Maari bruised and bashed after he told the bouncers ripping his shirt off "Do you want me to use these? Do you want me to flex these muscles on you?"

Kings Cross police confirmed to The Sunday Telegraph that they attended an incident at the club and investigators were reviewing Sapphires Lounge CCTV footage. But police said there was no official investigation.

The FFA contacted members of the Socceroos squad yesterday after it was told of the allegations but said there was nothing to look into.

"They were asked to leave when the nightclub was closing, along with every patron, and the bouncers ushered everyone down the stairs at the same time," FFA head of corporate and public affairs Bonita Mersiades said.

"We're not aware of any such incident taking place. Based on our inquiries there's nothing to look into."

The reports are an unwanted blemish on football's reputation in Australia, where it has largely escaped the nightclub dramas associated with league and Australian Rules in recent years.

Cahill is regarded as the national team's best player. He scored Australia's first goal in a World Cup finals match three years ago in Germany.

Last week after the Qatar match he was quoted as saying: "You want to celebrate but in this day and age in sport, you can't afford to drink alcohol and go too silly."

Well thank god that he didnt end up looking like his cousin after fighting with bouncers.

well the FFA have came out and defended Cahil

he is a national her anyway shame on the secuarity guards for asking him to leave

Shame on the security guards for asking him to leave? Wah?!

Cahill was allegedly too pissed to legally stay on the premises, they had to kick him out.

Edited by Jesse_Wray

I still say, i dont mind. Hes off duty when hes with socceroos. If hes going to sham eaustralia, i still dont mind. I actually couldnt care less tbh. Dunno am i right or wrong, its still just me. I he is doing this when EPL is going ill be pissed off. If he fucks up things in his national team, its his own problems, i really dont care

Guest efctaxi

He isn't just representing Australia though .

Perhaps Everton have their very own 'Joey' Barton :lol:

Edited by efctaxi

Don't believe everything you read; Tim Cahill is one of the nation's most respected athletes, for both his perfomances on and off the field. All this media speculation going round at the moment seems extremely out of character for him, more or less it's just lazy journalism.

Even if it's true that he was thrown out of a nightclub for being too pissed, like big deal, it's not like this is happening every week. Hell I don't even know if I've ever heard of Tim getting in trouble for something off the field. It's not like he's failing drug tests regularly, turning up to training drunk, having fall outs with the club, no it's all about one night in which he got a little too drunk after celebrating the fact his nation will be apart of the World Cup, and yet this is seen as a massive deal, which is utterly ridiculous.

All these other reports of him and his brother breaking into a sporting goods store I find very hard to believe, if it did happen I'd be extremely shocked however I have a very strong feeling it didn't.

I think the media just need to get over this and realise that fame has NOT gone to Tim Cahill's head, and that he is still one of the most respected athletes of Australia.

Futhermore, the owner of the nightclub in which this incident happened, has come out today and said in Sydney newspaper The Sun Herald, that Tim did nothing wrong at all, and that the whole story was made up. As well he further added the Socceroos are welcome back there anytime, so obviously nothing that was said to have happened actually did happen. :)

Guest Reg Reagan
Don't believe everything you read; Tim Cahill is one of the nation's most respected athletes, for both his perfomances on and off the field. All this media speculation going round at the moment seems extremely out of character for him, more or less it's just lazy journalism.

Even if it's true that he was thrown out of a nightclub for being too pissed, like big deal, it's not like this is happening every week. Hell I don't even know if I've ever heard of Tim getting in trouble for something off the field. It's not like he's failing drug tests regularly, turning up to training drunk, having fall outs with the club, no it's all about one night in which he got a little too drunk after celebrating the fact his nation will be apart of the World Cup, and yet this is seen as a massive deal, which is utterly ridiculous.

All these other reports of him and his brother breaking into a sporting goods store I find very hard to believe, if it did happen I'd be extremely shocked however I have a very strong feeling it didn't.

I think the media just need to get over this and realise that fame has NOT gone to Tim Cahill's head, and that he is still one of the most respected athletes of Australia.

and what about his cousin that got bashed early this year at the same club?