IGNORED

Have We Got Money?

Guest efctaxi

Guest efctaxi

Or are we about to get it ?

If the press is to be believed , we are about to sign M'bia and Naughton .

Neither player addresses our right mid issues , nor our attack as both are defensive .

So unless Moyes is to dumb to notice we have other areas of concern , which I doubt , then we still need to spend a few quid on top of what would probably be about £15 mill for the 2 players mentioned if the press are to be believed .

He won't sell Lescott without bringing in a big name surely , so where is our money going to come from to fill the gaps in the puzzle ?

I think moyes does have money. If we were really that low on cash would we be going for an unproven at top level, 5 million, championship full back? Naughton might be a good prospect but if were are low on cash he wouldn't be on top of my list.

Mbia 10 million

Naughton 5 million

Striker 8 milliom possibly

Winger 5 million maybe

and that would just be for our first team, what about any more squad players or loans? I would be happy knowing he had 20 million for just transfer fee's that would get us 3 decent players and a few loans to bolster the squad.

surely we must have a decent sum to spend, maybe the papers are wrong but as it sounds moyes has cash for who he thinks are the right signings.

Guest efctaxi

What's the chances that we have been took over , saying nothing untill we pounce , and spend £50 mill in the process ? :D

If we want Moutinho , then that will cost at least £15 + add ons , so unlikely we will get both him and M'bia , so I'm presuming Moutinho is a no go .

We will lose players to the African nations once again in January , including M'bia if he comes , and possibly Yakubu , Pienaar and Anichebe .

We also have Europe to consider .

Arteta and Yak back from injury ? Doesn't fill me with confidence .

Jags still crocked , Jacobsen possibly leaving , Castillo and company already gone .

Jo back to City , and talks of Saha leaving ?

We're in a right mess , so if we don't have money , then there will be no option but to sell Lescott surely ?

If we do have money , do we have enough simply to crutch our side , or do we have enough to improve the team ?

I'm guessing we will need to spend about £25 mill even if Lescott stays , unless we buy unproven young lads , or mediocre cast offs backed up with loans and what's left of our youngsters .

Our first friendly is on the 12th of July . :huh:

It's late , I could be talking crap as usual , but this next week should be very interesting ........... or not . :lol:

maybe anichebe will go to the african nations and not come back.

on topic though, we must have some money to spend. with all that sky money, the little extra from the kit deals and chang deals, if we have nothing left for transfers then the club is in a worse state than we thought.

I think moyes does have money. If we were really that low on cash would we be going for an unproven at top level, 5 million, championship full back? Naughton might be a good prospect but if were are low on cash he wouldn't be on top of my list.

Mbia 10 million

Naughton 5 million

Striker 8 milliom possibly

Winger 5 million maybe

and that would just be for our first team, what about any more squad players or loans? I would be happy knowing he had 20 million for just transfer fee's that would get us 3 decent players and a few loans to bolster the squad.

surely we must have a decent sum to spend, maybe the papers are wrong but as it sounds moyes has cash for who he thinks are the right signings.

Pick up a striker on a free.

Does M'Bia cost that much!??

I don't really care how much we have but just that we spend what we do have wisely I really think the right wing is important since we moved arteta inside we are stuggling for a first choise in that position osman is not the answer

exactly. 100% agree with ya

What's the chances that we have been took over , saying nothing untill we pounce , and spend £50 mill in the process ? :D

If we want Moutinho , then that will cost at least £15 + add ons , so unlikely we will get both him and M'bia , so I'm presuming Moutinho is a no go .

We will lose players to the African nations once again in January , including M'bia if he comes , and possibly Yakubu , Pienaar and Anichebe .

We also have Europe to consider .

Arteta and Yak back from injury ? Doesn't fill me with confidence .

Jags still crocked , Jacobsen possibly leaving , Castillo and company already gone .

Jo back to City , and talks of Saha leaving ?

We're in a right mess , so if we don't have money , then there will be no option but to sell Lescott surely ?

If we do have money , do we have enough simply to crutch our side , or do we have enough to improve the team ?

I'm guessing we will need to spend about £25 mill even if Lescott stays , unless we buy unproven young lads , or mediocre cast offs backed up with loans and what's left of our youngsters .

Our first friendly is on the 12th of July . :huh:

It's late , I could be talking crap as usual , but this next week should be very interesting ........... or not . :lol:

your post really cheered me up NOT!! you have just put me on suicide watch after reading it and there was me feeling positive about the new season :suicide_anim: :suicide_anim: :suicide_anim:

I see this going a little along the path of last summer...... the same people are posting the same things and getting carried away with all the paper talk.......

Its good to talk about and have an opinion on all these transfer rumours but remember thats just what they are..... rumours........

Moyes isnt going "soft"...... were not missing out on targets.........Its all paper talk......... lets just remember that.........

When you see them on the official site in our "lovely" new kit, waving the scarf & kissing the badge then Ill be happy.....

Or if we dont sign a thing this summer then Ill freely rant all my anger on here.....

Lets just not start what happened last year.........the pressure it built up obviously took its toll on the team..... and it all starts in here....

Edited by DangerMouse

Lets just not start what happened last year.........the pressure it built up obviously took its toll on the team..... and it all starts in here....

lets all be so proud that we have that much effect on the team.

im pretty sure the negativity of toffeetalk members was the cause of all the problems we had at the start of last season.

lets not also forget that moyes wasnt given his transfer money until august, or the fact he hadnt signed his contract. so the small squad, and possibly even the lack of morale from the manager not signing his own deal, and the rest of the clubs around us spending big, just might have had an effect on the club too.

get real, we have the same negativity every year, it is the common mood on this site over the summer months. surely you must be used to that by now? your not a newbie, you know how it works.

I think it is endemic of being an Everton fan that pessimism is the rule at this time of year.

I suspect that with us not being in debt to the tune of umpteen million pounds, then there will be some leeway for purchases. Just who to buy though I have no idea. I am sure Moysie will buy someone who has not yet been mentioned. he has a habit of doing that.

I reckon that by the end of this month there will be a real name in the offing, if we have not already signed him by then.

lets all be so proud that we have that much effect on the team.

im pretty sure the negativity of toffeetalk members was the cause of all the problems we had at the start of last season.

lets not also forget that moyes wasnt given his transfer money until august, or the fact he hadnt signed his contract. so the small squad, and possibly even the lack of morale from the manager not signing his own deal, and the rest of the clubs around us spending big, just might have had an effect on the club too.

get real, we have the same negativity every year, it is the common mood on this site over the summer months. surely you must be used to that by now? your not a newbie, you know how it works.

Everton fans in general...... but im sure you know thats what I meant.............. im sure the 50 or so regulars on here dont have that much power...............

Edited by DangerMouse

I would say M'bia and Naughton will be our main signings with Owen coming in on a free and that lad on loan from Inter. Dont think we have the money so unless anyone is sold i would imagine that will be it.

just curious which lad this is. i thought of a few players but haven't seen us linked w/ any. balotelli, santon, jiminez, other?

I must be the only one who isn't worried about next year.

yes we need additions, but we coped with losing this season jagielka, arteta, yakubu, anichebe, vaughan, jacobsen, saha, pienaar, osman, yobo and hibbert.

Goalkeeping: Unless Howard gets injured, we're fine. If he does, we still have a solid defence in front of Nash.

Defence: We have 3 possible right backs, we have 4 possible CB's, and 2 possible left backs. We could do with cover of course, but we have all our first teamers, so that's all we need, cover. Won't cost much at all.

Midfield: If all are fit, we have Fellaini, Gosling, Osman, Pienaar, Areta, Cahill, Neville and Rodwell. We could do with 1 or 2 more, but other than that we'll be alright.

Attack: Again, fully fit we have Yakubu, Saha, Vaughan, Anichebe and Baxter. Granted 3 of those are young and don't have regular first team starts, but we play 4-5-1 let's remember. So we literally have 5 players for 1 position. We could do with letting 1 go and bringing in a ringer, otherwise we're fine.

The youngsters, especially Rodwell and Gosling, are coming along nicely. Our defence with our strongest team kept more than a few clean sheets. Our midfield, whilst weak on the right, has 5 players capable of netting a combined tally of over 20 goals. We also have a strikeforce that are able to bring in around 30. And that's forgetting europe.

We succeed and strive best with our backs against the wall. We all know this, and we all saw this year proof that our boys have the minerals to get to finals and to secure us europe year after year. Which is more than can be said for most teams in the prem. So why all the frustration? Would you rather be Sunderland? Or Bolton? or Blackburn? Would you rather a team chock full of average players barely capable of maintaing their Premier League staus?

Or like me, do you think we have a world class manager and a team capable, with a little bit of luck, at getting us into the top eschelon of european football...if we sign noone, yes I'll be pissed off...but does anyone really think that will happen?

Maybe we will have to wait until deadline day, but as I recall we signed 5 players last window, one of whom has the potential to be an outstanding player. And even in desperate times, like having no strikers, Moyes has showed the shrewd methodology of not diving in head first, and we secured a player on loan who cost 18mil.

This should be a time of speculation and excitement, not bickering and pointless negativity. We are Everton. Currently the 5th best club in Britain. We have a grand old team, and I don't see any reason to worry going in to next year.

After all, the last time we played Arsenal first game of the season we lost, and remind me what place we finished at the end of the season?

Now come on lads, get it together, you're Evertonians not frenchman. COME ON YOU BLUES!

Edited by The Regulator

I must be the only one who isn't worried about next year.

yes we need additions, but we coped with losing this season jagielka, arteta, yakubu, anichebe, vaughan, jacobsen, saha, pienaar, osman, yobo and hibbert.

Goalkeeping: Unless Howard gets injured, we're fine. If he does, we still have a solid defence in front of Nash.

Defence: We have 3 possible right backs, we have 4 possible CB's, and 2 possible left backs. We could do with cover of course, but we have all our first teamers, so that's all we need, cover. Won't cost much at all.

Midfield: If all are fit, we have Fellaini, Gosling, Osman, Pienaar, Areta, Cahill, Neville and Rodwell. We could do with 1 or 2 more, but other than that we'll be alright.

Attack: Again, fully fit we have Yakubu, Saha, Vaughan, Anichebe and Baxter. Granted 3 of those are young and don't have regular first team starts, but we play 4-5-1 let's remember. So we literally have 5 players for 1 position. We could do with letting 1 go and bringing in a ringer, otherwise we're fine.

The youngsters, especially Rodwell and Gosling, are coming along nicely. Our defence with our strongest team kept more than a few clean sheets. Our midfield, whilst weak on the right, has 5 players capable of netting a combined tally of over 20 goals. We also have a strikeforce that are able to bring in around 30. And that's forgetting europe.

We succeed and strive best with our backs against the wall. We all know this, and we all saw this year proof that our boys have the minerals to get to finals and to secure us europe year after year. Which is more than can be said for most teams in the prem. So why all the frustration? Would you rather be Sunderland? Or Bolton? or Blackburn? Would you rather a team chock full of average players barely capable of maintaing their Premier League staus?

Or like me, do you think we have a world class manager and a team capable, with a little bit of luck, at getting us into the top eschelon of european football...if we sign noone, yes I'll be pissed off...but does anyone really think that will happen?

Maybe we will have to wait until deadline day, but as I recall we signed 5 players last window, one of whom has the potential to be an outstanding player. And even in desperate times, like having no strikers, Moyes has showed the shrewd methodology of not diving in head first, and we secured a player on loan who cost 18mil.

This should be a time of speculation and excitement, not bickering and pointless negativity. We are Everton. Currently the 5th best club in Britain. We have a grand old team, and I don't see any reason to worry going in to next year.

After all, the last time we played Arsenal first game of the season we lost, and remind me what place we finished at the end of the season?

Now come on lads, get it together, you're Evertonians not frenchman. COME ON YOU BLUES!

At last someone else who is positive about the season there are also other positive signs season ticket sales up helped by much better marketing and payment plans,getting much better commercial deals for the club generating more cash all in all i think the club has become stronger on the pitch and of it. agree with all you have said. im looking forward to a great season with optimism :D:D:D

also, we actually do have a young team (apart from Neville noone important over 31, right?) .. just because of the passage of time we will be a better team next season and the season after that ..

I'm hoping for a signing, but even without one I'm looking forward to next season expecting great things (as in another top6 finish). .. It's just that a couple quality signing might propel us into that top4.